Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by harry »

Looking out back
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Harry wins! He wins TWICE.....he wins the page and he wins the decision making.......I'm with Harry.....I'll take that woodstove any day of the week but I take it further by using wood and not pellets....even if I was filthy rich like they are in California I'd still have a wood/pellet stove....independence along with a heat that reaches the bones....

Where Fred lives I'm surprised he even has a heating system...what's the average daytime/nighttime lows in southern Cal?

Not sure if I could mentally handle the long winters up north.....usually does not get cold cold until after Christmas and it's over by mid march. I don't like wind either. It was in the upper thirties when I went to bed last night..about 2.....didn't even bother to load up the stove as we like to sleep around 60 which was the temp in the house when we got up around 10 or 11. Semi cold outside now..around 40.

On another note I'm beginning to dislike the Yellowstone series....there's too much on the show that does not happen in real life...

For the first time in my life I heard one of our dogs pass gas last night...(for real)..it was a little "squeak" and then I smelled it. Horses make lots of noises....when we had them I could hear it in the back yard when they were in the barn.

Birdman of Leverguns
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Actually have a Model 83.

No doubt you guys live a more rustic life than I.

A friend has this which he really likes.

Well outside fire pit at the party last night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Can't beat wood heat! I despise forced hot air. Have oil fired furnace that does our hot water and heat. Since the 70s oil crisis we have heated with wood. Got to where I couldn't keep up a season ahead on cutting, splitting so we went to pellets, couldn't be happier!

Cold & windy here too. Too many people in SoCal for me!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

First time in over 30 year’s I’ve not cut 3-5 cords of wood. The pellet stove came with the house, I told my girlfriend that we’d give it one year, then probably go back to a wood burning stove.
Hope to be ice fishing Christmas weekend. On the battery drills, I have the Milwaukee M18 fuel on my ice auger and it works just fine in -30 temps.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

harry wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:10 pm First time in over 30 year’s I’ve not cut 3-5 cords of wood. The pellet stove came with the house, I told my girlfriend that we’d give it one year, then probably go back to a wood burning stove.
Hope to be ice fishing Christmas weekend. On the battery drills, I have the Milwaukee M18 fuel on my ice auger and it works just fine in -30 temps.
Pellets are convenient and easier to handle than wood.
My oldest son burns them in conjunction with oil. My biggest issue is they are a controlled commodity, just like oil. Wood, while a pain, is something that can be bought for cash, bartered for, or in my case cut for free (other than saw and splitter gas). I have 200 acres of woods and could heat my home on blow downs alone.
Pellets are great for older folks or those that can't physically put up wood. If you have to buy your wood anyway, Pellets make as much or more sense.

Those battery augers are insane! They work well here too. The ones that don't, are the ones that run on the small propane tanks. If you don't keep them warm, it's a no-go. No good up here.
I have an old 2 stroke General that must be 60 years old. It's actually a post hole digger and weighs a ton, but still runs great.
We bought a new Strike Master 4 stroke a few years ago. We have been very happy so far. It works great, but ain't made like the old one. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I have the best ice hole maker in the history of the world........the gun of my choice.......just shoot a 12" circle with 30-06's and hammer it down. But first, I'd need ice...we don't get much anymore except in Jan-Feb.....even then , it's rare to get 6" or thicker.

I'm with Jay.....wood is free for me too...well, have to load ammo for it. I can go out back and get it also.....HATE to be dependent on anything I have to pay for or is made.

There's this new "authentic" show out on cable....it's called "1883" and is about the beginnings of the Yellowstone series.....it takes place in 1883......so far the main star is using a later issue '94 carbine (30's -40's with a post front sight.) then he used a scoped 1885 High Wall with Uberti's type color case hardening. EVERYONE uses a single action Colt or Colt style handgun when in reality few had the money for a Colt.

Then the other day I was watching Bonanza and Little Joe was afraid to cross this crevice in the stone about a couple of hundred yards high so he threw his rifle 20' to the other side on solid rock but was afraid to jump over after it so he left it there and went home. Told pop and he said, "but Joe, you left your rifle there? Why that was your favorite rifle!....another '94 with the short forend. He winged it like it was a Rossi.....clanklty clack.

Wood baby.....WOOD!!! If your home and the winter is dragging on, your low or out of pellets and the revolution is hitting us, who you gonna call for pellets? Ghostbusters? AOC?
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

All my wood is free I just have to buy fuel and oil for my chainsaw. When I go into town I look at all the bagged firewood and kindling and realise I would be quite rich if I bagged and sold what I have at those prices.. :wink:
IMG_20200516_152429.jpg
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

No ghostbusters, I just take the pellet stove out and the shop wood stove slides right in. I have a couple cord on hand all the time. I PLAN ahead! :lol:

Yeah i remember that episode of bonanza. All the westerns had mistakes but only those who are true gun people see the discrepancys. As a kid if anything that involved aircraft, flying would be picked apart by Dad. Being a professional pilot, flight instructor, time in just about every type of aircraft from a Piper Cub to Boeing 757 he sure did see the stuff that was wrong.

What I always get a kick out of is the guys hiding up in the rocks, with rifles can't hit a thing but the guy they are trying to ambush on horseback has no problem making hits from his bucking horse from 100 yards away.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...yea....those little bundles of wood for $10 are out front of near every supermarket......just goes to show you how today's college educated people could not survive on their own. No wonder the public, by and large are on edge.....

We here on the PI thread don't need anyone to do anything.....I even have a built in air compressor that does not use gasoline....runs on Bushes beans....

You know Gunny....go watch one of these outdoorsman reality shows......last night a guy had two branches that fell on the roof of his wood shed......ripped the gutter off.....and he needed help from a neighbor ......biggest part of the branch was about 6" and you and I could have pulled them off with our hands....by ourselves.....but noooooooo, he had to call his neighbor who got a chainsaw and had to chop it up and then they pulled some with a four wheeler.....heck, a fast load blast of anal gas would have blown it off....

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just playing devils advocate here but with a lot of these. ' reality ' shows i take it with a grain of salt that the people are probably not as dumb as they appear. Its the producers that make them dumber.

Well out in the cold all day , was nice in the sun but we ate lunch inside and the sun was already behind the trees when we got back at it , we had to put on our jackets. But NO MUD today- ill take that any day! Nothing worse than mud under foot unless its in yer drawers. ( sorry Fred)
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup! It was zero here this morning. Crispy. Warmed up to about 20. It was nice today.

Hey, any of you guys got a model 55? I bet my buddy Six does. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Naw, just a 55 Chevy...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes Jay......I have a model 55 and it's a NICE ONE......These guns were made at a time when it's rare, very rare to find a receiver that has retained it's blue.....Winchester either switched their steel or their bluing formula right after the war (1) and guns made in the twenties flake their blue from the receiver only the rest of these guns retain their blue....

Anyway, mine is serialized in its own serial number range (4 digit) .....chambered in 30 WCF. .......TAKEDOWN......near mint everything but the receiver has flaked......of course an original Lyman tang sight.....yes....it's a NICE ONE.
You want it? It's going to go this winter, along with that mint 62, a '94 SRC in the same condition as the 55, and a '95 in 30-40.....got two,of them.......don't think either one of the '94's has more than a couple of hundred rounds out of them...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:06 pm Yes Jay......I have a model 55 and it's a NICE ONE......These guns were made at a time when it's rare, very rare to find a receiver that has retained it's blue.....Winchester either switched their steel or their bluing formula right after the war (1) and guns made in the twenties flake their blue from the receiver only the rest of these guns retain their blue....

Anyway, mine is serialized in its own serial number range (4 digit) .....chambered in 30 WCF. .......TAKEDOWN......near mint everything but the receiver has flaked......of course an original Lyman tang sight.....yes....it's a NICE ONE.
You want it? It's going to go this winter, along with that mint 62, a '94 SRC in the same condition as the 55, and a '95 in 30-40.....got two,of them.......don't think either one of the '94's has more than a couple of hundred rounds out of them...
Oh man! I shouldn't have asked. I WANT them ALL. Probably can't afford any. :D
You see very few 55s up here. I've never owned one. The 95 and SRC sound nice too! I have several 94 SRC's, but....... :D
I know I'm a weirdo, but the post WW1 "flakers" don't bother me one bit. I see that as part of Winchester history. I think it was a combination of bluing formula and experiments with steel. Regardless, I think it was an attempt at improving their receiver strength.
My theory is reinforced by the 454 experiments done by a forum member. The rifle that lived longest was a Winchester from this era.
One of my half mag 38-55s is a "Flaker".

Hey Gunny......you got a 55 Chevy!? :shock:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Maybe I does, maybe I doesn't (I doesnt).
Flaking blue, I dont buy the blue 'flaking' as blue is a corrosion process, albeit a controlled process but its just rust. I ran the bluing department at school my 3rd year. I have seen the suspect receivers at shows but I never paid them much attention, guess I should take a good look at one next time. It was interesting to see what guns would turn that perfect blue/black,, we tried higher & lower Temps to try and get hard stuff to not be red but never could figure out how to black a Ruger loading gate for example.
I believe like brother Jay that its a result of the steel formula.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:09 pm Maybe I does, maybe I doesn't (I doesnt).
Flaking blue, I dont buy the blue 'flaking' as blue is a corrosion process, albeit a controlled process but its just rust. I ran the bluing department at school my 3rd year. I have seen the suspect receivers at shows but I never paid them much attention, guess I should take a good look at one next time. It was interesting to see what guns would turn that perfect blue/black,, we tried higher & lower Temps to try and get hard stuff to not be red but never could figure out how to black a Ruger loading gate for example.
I believe like brother Jay that its a result of the steel formula.
You're freakin' killin me man! The 55 is just awesome. Love em.
Yes, "flaking" is misleading, as you know.
More likely, it is a variation in the absorption and "depth" of the corrosion. I suspect that they couldn't get the alloy to mix uniformly and the hardness at the surface varied.
Either way, these were some of the toughest 94 receivers ever made.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

No...no...no..no....the flaking is not actual flaking...more like a quick disappearance of the blue all by itself. That makes sense.

As for snowflakes melting..they are gonna be melting real fast next November.

I wish I could find underwear that would flake.....the brown disappearing all by itself.

I'm going to bed...more fun tomorrow.---006

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes, the mix of alloys does some interesting things when blue salts are involved. Some stuff that went into the tanks would turn red, apparently very high carbon ( hard) . You could also tell if something was welded on as the color would be different. Stainless didn't take blueing , we used to parkerize with a black formula, had military green too. Neat process, you could almost watch the phosphate build up. Then there is Belgian blue, works very well for soft soldiered ribs like most all the old shotguns were. Deepest darkest blue black color. I still do Belgian blue , salt blue is an EPA pita!

Naw Jay I was just busting nards, if I had an old car it would be a pickup. I'm not a car person, I prefer to climb into and fall out of my ride!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm with you Gunny. I like old trucks.
There are old cars I really like, but I couldn't stay out of jail. :D

I like the old NAPCO conversions done on the Chevy Apache's, and of course, the old Dodge Powe Wagons and Willys pickups.
Being a four wheel drive guy, that's about as far back as I go. Getting into the 60s, things get interesting. Coolest has got to be the 67-68 Jeep M-715 built for the military. To this day, the heaviest duty rig ever built by Jeep.
Biggest downside in the 50s and 60s were the archaic drivelines with divorced transfer cases and weird, closed knuckle oddball axles. In the 70s the running gear hit its stride with the the perfect balance of durability and driveability. I stand by my belief that the 70s produced the best all around four wheel drive pickups, regardless of brand.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'm just like Gunny...I like to fall out of my vehicles....forgot how many times I did that......and never got caught......I knew a guy who was so wasted he just went to sleep at the stop light...major intersection too....

Vehicles made in the sixties and seventies were JUNK.....BAD JUNK! .....they may have had good iron cased transfer cases and transmissions but the rest of the vehicle was JUNK.....late sixties early seventies was the worst.....rust out in 3 years....sub frames rotting away, engines falling down,(that happened to me) control arms giving out, dash boards lasting 2 years, tires and tune ups that lasted 10-15 K.......they should have grouped General Motors, Chrysler, and Ford into a conglomerate called Rossi.

Now, Jay is rested from his weekend fun and the Gunny is doing ??....Fred's out in the golf course and GK is sipping bourbon by the fireplace, while Tom is AWOL....it's cold in Minnesota so I'm a bit worried about Pitchy having his tongue stuck to the John Deere.

Anything else? Went down to 24 last night.....and it's 40 now....cold for me but warm for Jayster.. .

Might fire up the Stihl .....got a dozen or two of 5' red oak logs...some a couple of feet in diameter......---006

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, another of life's mysteries......how can a dog eat a plate of spaghetti but know not to eat their veggies?....beans and garlic.--6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Garlic is BAD for dogs!! Unless its a Transylvania Sooner hound! ( it would do it on the carpet sooner than going outside!) :lol: As for the beans, just being polite, not wanting to stink ya out!

What was i doing today? Freezing my toes then slipping in mud once it warmed up. At least the siding is almost done!

I heard today that if you own a Toyota, have and use the auto start feature they are going to start billing you 8 bucks a month!! Guess they are trying to recoup the money lost by not having vehicles to sell because china hasn't been making computer chips- wouldn't ya think all the major manufacturers in this country would get off the butts and DEMAND we make our own chips? Naw that would be SMART!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Amazing!.....on the Toyota deal.....$8 a month equals a c note a year......I cannot believe people are that lazy to go out and prestart their vehicles.....and I don't want to hear air conditioning or windshield ice....you can roll down the windows or use windshield de icer with your windshield container thingy.. ...heck, I don't even see a need for electric windows. My 2005 Rubicon was the first vehicle I ever had that has air conditioning.

Vehicles today get fast heat, unlike Ole Yeller which never got hot.....

They have step bumpers for the tailgate, lights where you don't need them, cruise control that stays with the person ahead of you, automatic dimmers, seat heaters, and a million other things that you only use to brag to your friends about.......my one buddy showed me his $75K GMC and showed me the tailgate....I told him, "you don't even use the bed of your truck." "You live with clean clothes and never got your hands dirty in your life." " In fact, you spent 35 years driving Corvettes and now that you moved to the semi rural area, you think your a woodsman". I continued, "everyone thinks they are a DuPont now, plus, you can't even change your own oil...get away from me!!!! NOW! ...all over a tailgate. :D

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Now didn’t that seem just a little bit too tempestuous. :shock:

Maybe chill out a bit 😎
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Quote from Six.
They have step bumpers for the tailgate, lights where you don't need them, cruise control that stays with the person ahead of you, automatic dimmers, seat heaters, and a million other things that you only use to brag to your friends about.......my one buddy showed me his $75K GMC and showed me the tailgate....I told him, "you don't even use the bed of your truck." "You live with clean clothes and never got your hands dirty in your life." " In fact, you spent 35 years driving Corvettes and now that you moved to the semi rural area, you think your a woodsman". I continued, "everyone thinks they are a DuPont now, plus, you can't even change your own oil...get away from me!!!! NOW! ...all over a tailgate. :D

Be kind.... it's more important than truth.
Listen....you can hear OldWin laughing.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

23f here.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Obviously you have never driven a Cummins powered vehicle, talk about not heating up! You trust me the heated seats are very nice to have!
However you are right that there is a lot of stuff that is unnecessary. One of the guys in the club just ordered a 2022 Ford Raptor, no idea when it's coming in because Ford can't get the anti collision chip. He is complaining how dumb it was to trade his truck in before the new one was ready- well duh!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

My man GK!
Now THAT was funny.

Six is right about the vehicles though. Ridiculous.
This idiot work just bought a one ton Dodge double cab Cummins. He paid 68k for it. I heard his his payment is 1300 a month. Still gonna rust out in a few years.
I'd walk first.

I've been putting off trading for 2 years. Mine is a 2014. I have 98k on it. It goes good but it will start rusting soon.
Just hate to spend the money.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thats exactly why I'm still driving my 07. Sure I'm making payments on the other truck but in my line of work I NEED to keep tools in one, know how much of a pita it is to have to unload everything on Friday to go play on the weekends??
Besides if I have 2 diesel trucks I can pee off twice as many ecoterrorist prius drivers !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

My issue is once I put my Jeep up, I don't have anything that will go in the woods. My truck is useless, as are most nowadays.
Looked at the Jeep pickups, but there is no bed and they are way overpriced. Otherwise, they would be a good option.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Jay, one of these would get you in and out of most places.....
Townley-Six-LR-V8-Land-Rover-Defender-6x6-Pickup-5.jpg
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

As for myself I still want one of these......
Willys-Jeep-WW2-1536x1195.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:56 am Jay, one of these would get you in and out of most places.....
Townley-Six-LR-V8-Land-Rover-Defender-6x6-Pickup-5.jpg
Yes! I'll take it!

The MB's and early CJ's are incredible rigs. Most guys in my club wheeling them trailer it if it's a long way to the trail. Only because they just won't keep up with today's traffic.
I don't know if you've spent any time in one, but I challenge anyone to not have a stupid grin the whole time you're in it. :D
"Festus", my 1959 CJ5 invoked that same reaction.
More than the sum of their parts.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

GK that is the only Jeep I had driven until I got the Patriot.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Also drove these assorted vehicles.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OS and Jay, we see a lot of Jeeps over here but alas I have not had a chance to drive any... :( one of the funkiest 4x4 vehicles I have had was a tiny Fiat Panda, it was fun and quite capable of keeping up with the big guys...
60d6c43f176109a0074711e8f36f79f5 (1).jpg
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Shirley shares your love of the big and powerful off roaders.....
Horndeanshow005.jpg
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

i tell ya...some things people say stick with me.....and these sayings could not be more truthful with a large dose of common sense.

Good ole Jay says, "It's more important to be nice than truthful". Since he wrote that I've been paying attention to how people talk when I'm out and about......people pretend to be nice when in fact their inner dialog is saying, "go f yourself". I know because I've done it a million times myself.....

OK, some guys are cruising around and there's a girl in the vehicle with you and someone blows a f......one guy will say, "oh Six, I see you just bought new air fresheners."

Don't get me wrong, if I was FILTHY rich I'd have everything in a Jeep that they make, plus more...like a Hemi engine and 42" tires....but it the regular guy who wants to make people think they are rich and gets 100K vehicle then has to work weekends to pay for it....then.....they can't afford it when something goes wrong.... :D

I have a buddy I used to work with who I still see and talk to once a month...I kinda took this guy under my wing and tried to show him how to live comfortably and not have to work weekends........he lives in a trailer park......yea, I couldn't live in one but it's a way of life with him and he wants to be the BIG SHOT in the park.....so....he needs a lawn mower to cut the grass when it can be done with a pair of hand shears...for real......a strip of grass 60' long and 6' wide so what's he do? He buys an Ego self propelled electric mower for $650 and brags to me how he can get 32 cuttings on one battery charge....

Like I said, if you can easily afford it get it but don't s your money away.

Ahhhhh....crazy windy today...was gonna unhook and restretch 150' of fence today but I'd rather work in the rain than 30 mph winds.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

And then you have the opposite examples of people like Old Savage who can easily afford a Rolls Royce but settles for a $1.98 Patriot. How about it Jay? What's your opinion on Patriot Jeeps....I'd rather have a Rossi. :D

Now, on to bigger and better...GK, our English compadre has the big stuff.....I'd love to have a tank....oooooohhhhooooohhh

Ooooohhhhoooooohhhhhh ..did you guys hear about the guy in Camden , N.J. who went wild with a backhoe the other day?......20 miles from here as the crow flies.....he took a heavy duty backhoe and went on a rampage ...flipping cars and running into people's houses..even flipped a cop car.....then they shot him....

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh, I'm sorry, I should be nice...that's a lovely Jeep you have Old Savage.....very nice and clean.

"it's junk.....j.u.n.k..........I'll give you my old wheelbarrow for it..... :D ----006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Six,

I've never driven a Patriot, and honestly doubt I will.
However, my oldest son had an all wheel drive one as a company car. He said for staying on the road, it went pretty decent in the snow (I'm dubious, due to its light weight, but Ive never driven one so.....). He did MUCH prefer it to the Ford Escape they gave him next. The Ford was a much more expensive vehicle too.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I dont listen to people unless they are inner circle, not many of them!

I was brought up to hold doors for women, but I will hold a door for anyone. If they say thank you I reply in kind, if they look at me like I have 3 heads and don't mutter a word ill raise my voice and say YOUR WELCOME and go on my way. Knowing I'm a better person than they could ever be.

I got a ride in a Patton tank when I was a kid. Friend of the family was in the Guard and there was an open house that Dad and I went to. Of course I couldn't see anything but I knew what power it had, both horse & firepower.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe in England anyone can own a tank/APC and drive on the roads?

Backhoe guy reminds me of a video I saw in gummsmiff skool, was a guy on a bulldozer (stolen) and the police were pumping him full of 9mm's and he just didn't stop. Wrecking cars, drove through a building, ya know- good fun! Finally someone landed a headshot and that was that.

Got home and had to do a little surgery, back of my Achilles heel had what I refer to as a doghair drillbit. Yes a black hair had penetrated the skin and worked its was along until the whole thing was buried. Had to open up with a needle so I could get tweezers on it. It was about 3/4" long.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Eeewwwewww.....dats nasty....but I got you beat.....one time I felt this thing between and under my toes, right in a little nook....it was a tick...blowed up! Mom never forgave me for that.....I hear about it every time I accuse her of unhealthy habits...."Go pick your tick!!!". That happened back in the seventies.

Patriots are what they are....not for the rugged outdoorsman but fine for Fred's lifestyle.....always in the sunshine with clean clothes on. Fred lives like important people live...suit and tie...always saying "thank you", pays his bills with a plastic card, goes to the theater with his wife who probably wears a diamond the size of a golf ball. NEVER passes gas in the vicinity of anyone else.

In the military Fred would be a Colonel while the rest of us grunts would be grunts....well, Gunny and Jay would be E-6's or so...GK would be a General......I'd be a raw recruit burning poop with diesel fuel......a nobody.....

TOM (Fordwannabe) would be AWOL.....see? There's always someone to look down upon. :D

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh man! The tick is worse than the ingrown hair!
I hate freakin ticks. We never had them here till a few years ago.

Yeah, this kinds of vehicles wouldn't hold up with me. My poor truck barely does. I feel like I have to baby it as to where I'm going with it all the time. Oh well.

An E6? Wow! I musta fooled somebody. I think that's what my kid is.
But he just scares them into giving him rank. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
You and your boy are intimidating looking.....that's why I'm always NICE to you.......Geeze, I sure don't want you flying down my driveway, barge in the house, and beat me up...I'm an old guy...bad enough you took half my guns. :D

You want to hear something ....well, it's whining and bit.864@ and there's nothing I can do about it as mom wears the pants around here.....

(background info) Mom gets those rider carts with a basket on the front....one day I was behind here walking and watching her just throw stuff in the basket...never once looked at the price.........I told her about it and she said for me to go you-know-what myself.......fast forward to just a few minutes ago.....mom comes in the door back from shopping at the Amish market where we get 95% of our food.....she's tells me Ishmael who owns the meat department told her that he overcharged her last week and she had money coming to her and she told Ishmael to just give her credit.........so.....she tells me and I asked her, "how much did he overcharge you?"....she said, "don't worry about it"......I pushed until she told me, "ahh, it was a hundred and something."

I'm a peon and use wood to heat the house and she has no mental value as to money......I mean, like, wouldn't you catch "a hundred and something?"

Cold and very windy here.....was about frozen after coming in from splitting a couple wheelbarrows of wood....

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:28 pm Amazing!.....on the Toyota deal.....$8 a month equals a c note a year......I cannot believe people are that lazy to go out and prestart their vehicles.....and I don't want to hear air conditioning or windshield ice....you can roll down the windows or use windshield de icer with your windshield container thingy.. ...heck, I don't even see a need for electric windows. My 2005 Rubicon was the first vehicle I ever had that has air conditioning.

Okay, I have to respond. Just before I retired last year I bought a new truck.
It has everyone of those goodies plus a whole lot more. Why? Because I WANTED them. It's now my daily driver. I ride around in comfort all while carrying stuff in the bed. Now it doesn't snow here. But when it's cold I do remote start the truck and have the cab and seats all nice and comfy when I get in. Why? Because I WANT to? Besides I like all of the new gadgets. I can open my gate and garage without searching for a couple or remotes. I can check if it's locked, I can find it on a map. Should I ever really need it emergency services are just a push of a button away.

As to maintenance, I can do it myself. But I don't always want to. So I save my want to for these two and let my buddy's garage do the new one.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

jeepnik wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:38 pm
Sixgun wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:28 pm Amazing!.....on the Toyota deal.....$8 a month equals a c note a year......I cannot believe people are that lazy to go out and prestart their vehicles.....and I don't want to hear air conditioning or windshield ice....you can roll down the windows or use windshield de icer with your windshield container thingy.. ...heck, I don't even see a need for electric windows. My 2005 Rubicon was the first vehicle I ever had that has air conditioning.

It has everyone of those goodies plus a whole lot more. Why? Because I WANTED them. It's now my daily driver. I ride around in comfort all while carrying stuff in the bed. Now it doesn't snow here. But when it's cold I do remote start the truck and have the cab and seats all nice and comfy when I get in. Why? Because I WANT to? Besides I like all of the new gadgets. I can open my gate and garage without searching for a couple or remotes. I can check if it's locked, I can find it on a map. Should I ever really need it emergency services are just a push of a button away.

As to maintenance, I can do it myself. But I don't always want to. So I save my want to for these two and let my buddy's garage do the new one.

Nothing wrong with that at all.
The difference is, you can most likely AFFORD it.
Like I said above, the guy I work with who bought the one ton Cummins, and is making 1300 dollar payments......can't.
THAT.....is stupid.
Oh! By the way......like the color.
Still like the Scrambler better. :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:21 pm Jay,
You and your boy are intimidating looking.....that's why I'm always NICE to you.......Geeze, I sure don't want you flying down my driveway, barge in the house, and beat me up...I'm an old guy...bad enough you took half my guns. :D

You want to hear something ....well, it's whining and bit.864@ and there's nothing I can do about it as mom wears the pants around here.....

(background info) Mom gets those rider carts with a basket on the front....one day I was behind here walking and watching her just throw stuff in the basket...never once looked at the price.........I told her about it and she said for me to go you-know-what myself.......fast forward to just a few minutes ago.....mom comes in the door back from shopping at the Amish market where we get 95% of our food.....she's tells me Ishmael who owns the meat department told her that he overcharged her last week and she had money coming to her and she told Ishmael to just give her credit.........so.....she tells me and I asked her, "how much did he overcharge you?"....she said, "don't worry about it"......I pushed until she told me, "ahh, it was a hundred and something."

I'm a peon and use wood to heat the house and she has no mental value as to money......I mean, like, wouldn't you catch "a hundred and something?"

Cold and very windy here.....was about frozen after coming in from splitting a couple wheelbarrows of wood....
Haha oh come on! :D
You're way more scary lookin than me. Probably not my kid, though. :D That's one tough monkey.

I'll tell you what.....
My take is that your wife is used to being taken good care of. She has spent her life being taken care of, and in turn, has taken care of you. You have said here on the forum more than once that she is a great cook. Your house is in good order and clean. Your children support themselves and were obviously raised well.
So......a hundred and something bucks......?
Yeah, I'd want it. But is it really worth it? :D

And I will let you all in on a secret. You might think I look like a scary badash, but I'm scared to death of my wife. :D
Now, you've met her. Little bitty thing and all......but I'll tell ya bud, she's like Freddy Kruger with 38 snubbie! :D
Please don't tell her I said that! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

To take a page from the Sixgun playbook, can I have it ( the Scrambler)? I always wanted one, only 1 in this area that I know of and its now a rusted hulk.

When I ordered my 07 I got all but 3 options, sun roof, back seat entertainment screens and Bluetooth ( who'da known that would still be around?). I love my leather seats with warmers!

Jay any woman that can shoot is a woman that deserves every respect. Good buddy of mine, all 245 lbs and 6'4" and his wife of 5'2" and 96 lbs @ 9 months pregnant will loose every time! For pete's sake don't give her a SBH 44mag or she will take ya for every dime ya have, kill whatever animal at any range!

Yeah ol ticktoe I get the occasional dog hair drill bit, with as much hair as these three produce it's inevitable! I'm still preferring that over the chicom shots! Heck I'd prefer broken knee caps over those deathjections!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

jeepnik wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:38 pm
Amazing!.....on the Toyota deal.....$8 a month equals a c note a year......I cannot believe people are that lazy to go out and prestart their vehicles.....and I don't want to hear air conditioning or windshield ice....you can roll down the windows or use windshield de icer with your windshield container thingy.. ...heck, I don't even see a need for electric windows. My 2005 Rubicon was the first vehicle I ever had that has air conditioning.

[/quote]

That makes sense...."because you want those goodies"....you obviously can also afford them and that is what money is for.....my argument goes to people who CANNOT afford to buy them, let alone maintain them......I've seen it too many times....people outspending their income on stuff they will never use........you and I come from a generation where bills come first and whatever is left over is to be saved and once you reach that magical self imposed dollar savings, you spend what you like to spend it on. Well done!!!

I cut grass with a machine (actually 2 of them) that costs more than what people drive to get to work...or to the welfare office...whichever. ...it's hard to tell which pays more nowadays. :D

I also think nothing of taking a 10K Winchester out in the woods to hunt with....one time a game warden asked me, while doing a routine check......"is that a real Winchester 1886 SRC or is it a redone Browning?"

Around here the Yuppies have moved in and buy these 750-1 mil dollar houses.....the front room has a couple of sofa's along with some pots and pans in the kitchen....rest of the house is bare. :D

The above is the rule and not the exception.------ :D --==006