The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by GunnyMack »

Vet just called, Claro's knee surgery went well! Says she is doing fine, will spend the night with pain meds. I can pick her up tomorrow morning. Pics to follow.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ya know Griff...people put too much emphasis on cookwear.... ...just stick the food in some aluminum foil and put that on the exhaust manifold of your vehicle.

Well...made it to Costco...finally....2.1 miles away.......

It don't look like it but this is $628 later.....

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad to hear the surgery went well for the pup, Gunny.
Get well soon Claro!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thanks bud!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I'd rather see people in pain than dogs........hope your little buddies get better.

Our little Shih Tzu, Miss Apple didn't want to eat this morning so we bought a cooked chicken at Costco for her and she hardly touched it. .......so I ate it.---6
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Gunny...YOU WON PAGE 56!!!!!! Send me the bill for Claro's surgery so I can forward it to Jay.---your pal---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

A dog not eating- that's not right! Oh wait Miss Apple isn't a Labrador which would eat the chicken feathers & all ! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, prayer up for Claro.. and once again I set up the winner... Six, gonna have spaghetti ofen? :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey now hey now. I care and all......but I'm just a poor hillbilly kinda guy. I can't afford that stuff. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Griff wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:44 pm Yep, prayer up for Claro.. and once again I set up the winner... Six, gonna have spaghetti ofen? :D
At least twice and sometimes three times a week.....love it.....mom has fifty different ways of making the sauce. My favorite is with fresh Amish sausage.....ya know. Sometimes you have to hide the sausage. :D

It's 1 and im hitting it.......big day tomorrow......don't know what for but I'm sure something will aggravate me enough to put my pants on and get started on something.---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

1!? I haven't seen 1am in a very long time, probably the last time I drove to Canada... 5 years ago?

Yesterday we finished gutting another kitchen! No idea when the cabinets are being delivered. The GW house should have the new copper roof finished today- 3 day process.

It's ok Jay the Vet takes payments, I'll get better details for you later when I pick her up!

Huh, who would have known our US surgeon General was such a young guy! He looks like he is about 30 yrs old!

Ok, I'm looking at rebarreling my 77/22. Shilen makes 3 different contours- factory, a mid weight of about .610" and the heavy at .920. With the 2 larger diameters I'll have to open barrel channels on my 2 stocks, I made a high dollar very figured fiddle back stock and I reall don't want to reinstall all that fiddle back, leaning to the factory contour. I gotta take a pic of this stock for you guys st see.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Smoke lamps, as promised
20200305_071328_copy_800x600.jpg
50 cal case, with 375 h&h to hold wick
20200305_071209_copy_600x800.jpg
20200305_071131_copy_600x800.jpg
This is what we made in school, cap has hole drill through for 38 case, drill out the web and use cotton wick with diesel or kerosene ( diesel kinda tough to get lit)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just got Claro home, I guess they didnt walk her at all! She tinkled for half a minute there in the parking lot, twice more when we got home and she took a bloomburg!
20200305_105654_copy_800x600.jpg
Otherwise she doesn't seem to be in any pain, but have meds for that. She just scratched her left ear so I dont think its bothering her. 8 weeks of rest with a final Dr check . Leash walking only, Now to keep her calm...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OK...i get it with the smoke lamp....I never have been good at visualizing written words.......yes, you could keep something like that close by...soak the wick a little and just use the wick and the case...keep it in a zip lock baggy. But then, a Zippo would work just as well for small things like sights. Oh well....I'm too old to learn new tricks.

Wow.....Claro is dropping off a Schumer.........I feel sorry for dogs as they don't understand pain.....afraid to ask the final bill on that......but....when you get it...send it to me and I'll forward it to Jay.

Looks like nice weather out there......gonna see what I can get into.---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Surprisingly she doesn't seem to be in pain, but she did have pain melds this morning. I'm quite sure she is kinda confused about what happened but the vet report says the ligament was 100% ruptured- no way that would have healed. As for the final bill, well let's just say it was less than the estimate of $4500...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha a picture is worth a thousand words.
Glad she is doing ok Gunny.

As far as the bill......so you'd put me out in the cold? I'd have to sell my house to pay that. :D

That's some good info on the old 44 in that other post. I hate that it is such a pain to deal with compared to 38. At least in my experience. It's amazing what can be done with such a slow moving bullet.
The longest shot I've made on a deer was with the 44 back in 91. Don't get excited, it was only about 70 yards. :D
Nice 8 pointer though.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Glad Claro is on the mend. If you were closer, I would stop off at a local feed store and get her a moose shoulderblade to chew on. It should keep her busy for an hour.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Naw Jay you can make payments, let's say $1 a day, 10 years or so you should be paid up! :D

Awful nice of ya Piller, Maybe an hour & 1/2! But I'd have to ask you to get 3 so Parker & Winnie stay occupied too. :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's really big of you Gunny! Man! You really are a buddy. All heart. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well the cone of shame had to be put on! She started worrying on the stitches. She didnt get any pulled but a few drops of blood on the floor.

Anything for you OW!! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh no! I hate those cones. Every time they put one on me I complain about it for days till I get used to it. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh?! Did your lovely wife have you neutered?- sorry I just had to ask that :lol: (you kinda opened the door for that! )

Well I opened my bottle of Truoil today, it's like 90w oil! Phooey! Pour some out, add some mineral spirits, hopefully it'll keep.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha nice!
I didn't even think of that! Good one buddy!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

This sinus thing is on its way out! I've been feeling a little better every morning, this morning when I woke up I could feel the 'rough edges' breaking up when I coughed, chunky stuff to spit out- it's a good feeling!
The bionic brown hound had a good night, ate like she hasn't seen food in a month! Drank a bunch too.

Well back to the GW house today, hope the forecasted rain holds off!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
sumpter
Levergunner

Post by sumpter »

Thanks for the pic, made my day..
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad your feeling better Gunny.

Looks like we got a new visitor. Welcome aboard.
Nobody must have warned you. :D
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

cold and rainy.....Gunny's working, I'm pondering..and Jay is setting up his next victim......you know, Buffalo coat style.

Absolutely miserable outside......going back to bed...--6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh come on Six!
So you get up just long enough to hack on your old buddy? I'm hurt dude. Really hurt. :D

Besides, we don't even know if this nice fellow has any cool guns. :D
Don't you listen to ole Six.....it's just a coat.....like any other coat. It gets cold up here. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Sumpter ,welcome!
Dont mind us, we be a little nuts- harmless but nuts :D

Did a couple things at the GW house, most importantly took pics of the new copper roof!
20200306_085120_copy_600x800.jpg
20200306_083113_copy_600x800.jpg
No rain here yet but it sure feels like it's going to snow!
Home now, Claro has had her mid day pills, antibiotics and painkiller. Of course she got food all over her cone and Winnie and Parker had to lick off the canned food now the cone is soaking wet!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Dang Gunny.....that looks nice.......educate me..I thought it would be one continuous pice of copper....how do you do it..solder and then the rubber treatment?...

Let's get this Sumpter dude to expose himself a bit more.....he may have some nice Winchesters & Colts that he don't know the value of......
Come on Sumpter...what's your gig? :D Jays coat has empty pockets.....
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I didn't do the installation but each piece of copper has a folded edge that interlocks to the next, the fold is then flattened and soldered. Each piece also has a tab on 2 sides that gets nailed to the roof.
Oh the boss took the old leaking copper roof to the scrap yard, 540 lbs @$1.60 lb- that'll fill the gas tank in the boat a couple times!

Yes, we need to hear about Sumpter's bear attack too!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Feeding time
20200306_164457_copy_600x800.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Nice picture of the dog Gunny....mom says she looks sad and wants that collar off her neck. :D

Ya know..off the subject...this corona stuff is getting out of hand......new cases all over the place.....Costco in western states are foooded with customers and Costco has now limited what you can buy........Fox News is saying 95% of antibiotics are made in China!!!! That's all they have to do is sneak a bad virus over here and refuse to give us the meds until we sign over the deed to The United States......

WTF???!!!!! Donald Trump is right...we don't need those chinks.....who knows, maybe they orchestrated this whole corona deal.

I'm sitting extremely good and I'm starting to get uneasy.

Maybe that what this country needs to come back to their senses....---6
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Relax
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:42 pmRelax
Deep breath... hold for a count of 3, let it out slowly...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Fred...I ain't relaxing...it's not the virus I'm worried about...it's the dang collateral confusion thats following.....I already lost close to 20 g's in my 401. :D (that's for real)...I can see it now......gas lines...food issues.....martial law.....unable to drive to the gunclub......mandatory closing of all gun shops....closure of gunshows......limit at the liquor stores... :D ....it's never gonna end.

Right now I'm watching "Sanford and Son"......he sprung an oil "gusher" in his front "yard"....he dressed up like an Arab and an Arab just showed up and wants to buy his property......I tell ya, they don't make comedy like that anymore. :D ---6
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Six, you're over-acting... listen, I gotta get back in the Rose and travel all around to make a livin'... And I hear those stupid dust masks don't work... I ain't worried... either it's my turn, or it ain't. Simple, now hook up the mower and mow the fields before I go back to work.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I looked at every antibiotic in the inventory tonight. ONE was made in China. 6 were made in India, 3 in Slovenia, 4 in the Czech Republic, 2 in the State of New York, 1 in South Carolina, 4 in Jordan, 2 in Ireland, and 3 in Israel. NO!!! 75% are not made in China!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

piller wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:04 amI looked at every antibiotic in the inventory tonight. ONE was made in China. 6 were made in India, 3 in Slovenia, 4 in the Czech Republic, 2 in the State of New York, 1 in South Carolina, 4 in Jordan, 2 in Ireland, and 3 in Israel. NO!!! 75% are not made in China!
Okay, thanks for confusing us with facts... :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six does have a point, the public is in a panic, even though the large majority wont be effected by the virus. If you believe the Chinese it was an accident, many years ago The Simpson's did a show about this kind of thing , a worker in China sneezes in a box and it gets to Springfield where its opened and a green cloud floats out- we know this cant happen right?!

I'm more concerned with the panic buying, food, fuel. Fuel shouldn't be a problem as I'm going stay in my house away from people if it comes to it.

As a whole we never should have brought anyone here by plane,train or boat- they should have been kept away. I know they are US citizens but for the greater good they should have been kept away until it's all over.

Oh well time for coffee.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ah, the power of propaganda.

Everyone gets their info from a media they admittedly don't trust. From a media they have sat and watched for the last four years do anything they could to make Trump and his administration look bad. They are doing the same thing they do when reporting the weather, or anything else for that matter.
Ultimately, the worst part of the situation is the part of it THEY created, not the actual thing they are reporting on.
Will people die from this? Absolutely.
Will it effect a lot of people? Yup.
But what would be going on with it in your actual locale if it wasn't for the media?
You're probably in more danger if you reach for the last six pack of t-paper at the Walmart.

You will know it's bad when you see.....
Military enforced quarantine zones with deadly force authorization. Once infection reaches a certain percentage, areas will become "dead zones".
Cordoned off hospitals with authorized entry only.
Age limits on treatment.
Government takeover of all transportation
"Temporary" FEMA centers in all major areas for possible "relocation" or "evacuation" of "high risk" individuals or population groups.
And the best parr? The government will take control of the smug "media". First amendment and all!

The first order of government is to maintain it's power and control.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

320,000,000 people, how many deaths? Six, you are as prepared as anyone to weather the storm if there is a storm, And if there is you can't stop it. 20k? I am down much more than that. It how many times has this sort of thing happened before. There are at least 100,000,000.armed citizens and the local police are likely on your side. There are a lot of retired military, more than the regular army. The logistics of locking down this country are impossible. Likely a big buy opportunity for the big boys. Just sit and figure what might be going on.

And the sky actually did fall on your place and look what you did.

Btw, antibiotics are for bacteria, this is a virus.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, pics of our 40+ year old wok and my new Matfer Bourgeat carbon steel pan. Now, the Matfer has no manufacturers markings. On the label that comes on the pan at the end is a statement that says that these are made for the food service industry and professional chefs, discolorations, scratches and other are inconsequential. In other words get over it, might be the fit and finish of a shovel at the hardware store. ;-) Not at all like momma's new Blue Diamond pans. .

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

A little early morning humor or reality ;-)

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Good one!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OS, that's priceless. And should be the official medium of exchange for a vegan burger...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

I hate words...everyone has their own perception of what the other are attempting to convey........I AINT PANICKIN'!!!!....... :D

Mr. Buffalo 🦍 is right....the fake news media has their message and most of the time it is "f-e-a-r".....I don't "fear"....I prepare for the results of it by the liberals. I ain't gonna get caught up in any mad rush as we all need consumer goods to a point. I stay prepared for at least six to eight weeks.....longer if need be....may run out of milk, bread, and eggs but I'll survive....well, I can always gather eggs from the geese out back, make my own bread and milk mom so I guess I'm good to go. :D

Anyway...waking from a blissful night of ten hours......bunked the match...cold and very windy...forty mph....

Once again, that rich guy in California has the very best of cookwear.....I don't dare compete with him. If I do he will "wok" me good on da head. I learned something new on the antibiotics thingy....not for viruses? Well...NOT ACCORDING TO THE NEWS! :D :D learn two new things everyday..

I like the joke...monopoly money....vegan burgers...yuk! ....mom came home with them one time and I threw em out in the yard.....even the foxes wouldn't eat them....a few lasted a month with me running over them with the Kubota a few times.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Vegan burgers are high in estrogen so if you are going through menopause they are good for hormone replacement :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

They also have a laxative in them.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And Six, you demonstrated yourself as a true survivalist in the tornado incident not to mention the table saw anf the Tran Am. You survived the three Ts.