Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

I know that guy…that’s Jim Pikes, who founded Pikes Peak…..and there he is, loitering underneath a “no loitering” sign……but…he has his Mercedes SL500.

That’s all…I win 233.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. May as well spend it. Every day it's worth less anyway.
I agree with Six, and historically I've done the same. I almost always bought new and take impeccable care of my stuff. Last few years Ive kinda switched gears and look for older stuff in good shape. I avoid electronics like the plague. With this country's spiral down, parts availability, cost, and my ability to fix stuff myself is getting harder. That's why we bought a 30 year old tractor, an old trail bike, and we keep the old TJs and Dodge.

Sorry about your light buddy.
I lost a Streamlight Pro-Tac sometime over the last couple weeks. I HATE that cause I never lose anything. I have to check camp, but I don't think it's there. I think I had it clipped on the Molle straps on my rifle scabbard in the Gladiator. I think one of the grandkids might have kicked it off the strap then out the door somewhere.
Bugs the h3ll outta me.

Hey, where's GK? Hope he's OK and hasn't been thrown in the Tower for having his shotgun. He should move here.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm still here, I guess that I'm not on the most wanted list yet as the cops haven't even contacted me about a visit to check my one gun armoury security, they have to give me notice they just can't show up................ apparently :roll: but the Tower and chopping block are still on my mind.

Temperature still in the 40s but the rain is getting very boring. I have been here for 12 months now but hopefully when my son comes back from NZ things will pick up. My son has being doing a lot of hunting over there and the last I heard was that he was teaching some kids to hunt, this youngster is leaning in some beautiful country.
IMG-20231205-WA0000.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad you're ok buddy. Good for your son! I know what it's like to have one far away. It sucks.

It was 1 degree here this morning. Little nippy, but thankfully no wind.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nice pic GK……I notice the sound suppressor. We would be able to have them too but there’s a certain segment of society that would abuse it by installing them on their “homey guns” and blasting away at innocents.

Another rainy day with flurries….miserable..miserable…..

Did you guys hear about hook nose John Kerry? He was talking at some climate change convention discussing the emissions from coal when he let out his own emissions.🤣 …….the audience busted up laughing……..

Yea Jay…….if I had a nickel for every quart of oil, lube, polish, wax, tarps, fuel stabilizer, and condoms I’d be as rich as Old Savage.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Went up to camp to get 2 stand seats today. They were both WAY up in the corner of the lot. I was going to haul the sled up but the trailer is going to need some tinkering.
So I figured I'd try the kids 4 wheeler that's there in the shed. We got to camp ok with the Gladiator but it was dragging its guts a little in the snow.
I'd left his wheeler hooked to a solar battery tender and it fired right up! It's got 26" tires and chains on it, but it was still scratching a little, especially coming back up the hill. It only got to about 15 degrees today. After the wheeler ride, and messing with wrenches getting the seats taken off the stands, my hands were pretty well frozen by the time I got back to camp.
We cleaned the roofs on the sheds, shoveled the camp deck and steps, and around the tractor cover. Supposed to warm up and rain this weekend! WTH? Man, I could do without that. THAT is what makes the mess. If it would stay 10 degrees and snow all winter, there'd be no issues. No mess.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sounds like you had a great day…mine was miserable….rain takes out what little enthusiasm I have.

On those trickle chargers, can I leave one on the Kubota 3350 24/7? I have a charger that has 3 voltages…2-12-75…….Should I unhook the negative? In the winter when temps get to 20 it’s a slooooooowwww starter because of the diesel.

Supposed to be 50 and sunshine tomorrow……maybe I can do something with the leaves.-00

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Miserable here too yesterday, rain and more rain so I didn't even go outside, today doesn't look much better temperature 49f high and showers.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I leave the tenders on all the time. I use the cheapest at Tractor Supply. They cycle off when the battery is fully charged I think. I have them on my Jeep in the winter, the 4 wheeler, and have a factory Harley one on my bike year round.
They work great, and really extend the life of your battery.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Happy Birthday OldWin..... :D I hope you and Kristy celebrate in style... 8)

I have spoken with the cops and they are coming next week to make sure my old sixteen bore can't fall into the wrong hands... :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks old buddy.
Haha well we're both working tonight and she has been down babysitting the granddaughter today.
I DID go to the dump this morning. Just another day round here. I never forget how lucky I am though.

Well, hopefully the cops don't give you a hard time buddy. Friggen ridiculous. Tell em what they want to hear. Play the game and then hopefully they'll leave you alone for a while.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jays a Sagittarius?….mmmmmm…born traveler, adaptable, free thinker, hates rules…..

Happy B day dude!!!!!

Thanks for the trickle charger ….im gonna buy a half dozen……I hear they shut off auto….will see.

SUNSHINE AND 50….Headed out

GK……rules suck but we all have to deal with em….right now, mom is hollering for her coffee…

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. Sounds like they have me pegged pretty well!
Yeah, they work great buddy. Newer stuff drains on the battery even when it's off. Those tenders fix that drain.

Thanks buddy!
Last edited by OldWin on Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I put a new quality battery on Ole Yeller earlier in the year and it was dead 2 months later…..I now just pop off one of the terminals. When I want something to start it had better start or I’ll smash it to smithereens. Never could get past self destructive behavior.

I tell ya Jay, I may have it down pretty good with mulching leaves. I was out today with the Z and with the mulching blades and homemade chute stopper the yards looks like it’s owned by someone who has money….i got em all fooled.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha cool pic!

See? Redneck engineering is the best kind. Glad you got it sorted out bud.
I didn't get all mine. Between the weather and the kids coming. I have a few maple leaves out by the back fence. I'll have to get them in the spring after 3 feet of snow sits on em for 4 months.
That'll be fun.
Last edited by OldWin on Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks bro……..Maples (Norway) have big leaves and it’s not a good thing to let them lay for the winter as fungus develops under the leaf.

You got to try what I do……just get a piece of plywood and bolt it somehow on the chute, make it an inch or two below the bottom of the dick. Regular blades will probably work. Run the rpm’s up high and go slow going in the same direction and by the time you reach 50’ they will all be gone. Mom says to me after I was done, “where’s all the leaves after you chopped them up, over the fence where my sister lives? 🤪 I told her, “yep! Let em sue me.”. Man, she got hot telling me I’m always starting trouble and then I told her “no, they are all ground up with the grass and will provide fertilizer for next year. Dang whiners!

deck—-00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. I could get them if my back lawn didn't look like this now. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang…..I’ve been down here too long….whens it start snowing there, mid July? Hell, in that case you could fire up the snowblower and shoot the leaves over to pops property………dog turds and all…..heck, while your at it you could pinch off a few yourself.

We are supposed to get major rain on Sunday……I hate the rain like you hate crunchy snow.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No dog turds! I HATE that. They are picked up while warm.
Whether they are the dogs or mine. :D

No, not July. Usually not till the middle of August. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, you got those dogs that leave Lincoln logs…..my dogs leave tootsie rolls……my BIL has a Bull Mastiff and he tells,me those turds are the size of radiator hoses from a 58 Pontiac. This guy has turds for brains always complaining about how much it costs to feed that monster.

So you throw your turds over at Pops yard? I bet the grass is green there. The easiest way to do that is to “drop” it on the holder for a sling shot and slam a few his way. If they are still warm you can get them to stick to the windows.

Speaking of grass I made my final cut today, mostly to clean it up, even it all out, etc.

Hey! You working? ….or just putting in time until you clock out?

If those “babies” your dropping are done in cold weather, they will steam so just tell pops they are little kids from West Athens…..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Just putting in time. You know.......
Yeah, when we say, "Hey, come on over for some steamers.", people think they are being invited to a clam feed. Nope. :D
Quite the pileup on the Interstate today. They closed it for a while. Of course, it's the stretch we travel, like it always is. It's been really cold, and now it's warming some. Puts a lot of moisture in the air. When that settles on the still cold road....whoopee! Morons go for a slip and slide.
When I drove home this morning it was fine, but I saw the potential problem coming. We left a little early this afternoon but the interstate was back open and it was good going.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The roads around here seem to be wet even when it's not raining, I think it's all the runoff from the hills so when the frost bites black ice becomes a real pain in the butt.
Sunny and quite mild today.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It’s so common here…….the yuppie couple, “oh! We have 4 wheel drive on our SUV!”. …….then they go 60 mph on a back road and end up in the woods…..

“Steamer clams?”…..never did like clams or oysters or none of that slimy stuff……I’ve had a few bearded clams in my day but I don’t even like them anymore….

Solid rain all day……..got up at 9 and went back to bed at 12-4.

The pressure is off to find a 45-120 Sharps…Vance bought the brass. I originally bought 10 boxes back in the mid seventies to make 45-90’s out of…..those RCBS basic brass do not wear out but were only made a couple of years.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I won't eat oysters. Won't eat fried clams either. I hated steamed when I was a kid. Now I love em, and will pass over lobster for them. I like lobster, but it ain't worth the trouble of messing with them for me.
Now, I don't eat clams at home or in a restaurant. I only have them when Kristy and I go to "our place" down to Boothbay. It's just a thing we enjoy doing, and try to get there a few times a year.

Warmed up and rain here too. What a mess. When I left the house it was 33 degrees. It was the same in Newport, 25 miles to the east. By the time I got 10 miles out of Newport, it was 47. Crazy.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Six.
I check out a page that has old pictures taken up here back in the day. I saw this and meant to post it. Another short mag carbine. See, I told you it was a thing here. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That's a neat old photo Jay, just a thought that is probably wrong but could it be your area was more civilised than further out west ? or perhaps you guys always had good taste when it came to rifles ?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I have no idea what the reason is. Or, if there even is one.
I know one big difference between here and the west is there was little horse mounted travel. Being so wooded and thick, they were only of use on established roads.
Sometimes, it's just a style thing. A local that was thought highly of had one as such, so that configuration became popular. Like it's been here now with Remington 7600 carbines in 30-06 with peep sights. They are everywhere since the Benoits and Hal Blood became famous for their hunting stories.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Joshua Tree Natl Park
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes, it’s a “cultural thing” that grows from a particular need………Pennsylvania is known for its pump action rifles because in the public lands there’s a hunter behind every tree and a pump is a lot faster than a bolt gun…….in Maine, the woods are thick and most likely people walked a lot so what better rifle than a ‘92 with a half mag……..

Jay….is that rifle a half mag or a 2/3rds…..I can’t remember but I think mine is a button mag and the one in the picture looks like a 2;3rds which would make it exceedingly rare.

Jay..your job today is to do the research to find out who owned that rifle, then follow the trail between buyers/thieves and get me the final name who has it now…..in return, I’ll spot you 50 empty 9mm brass that’s Berdan primed and made from aluminum.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Huh! I thought that was a 94, but it's hard to tell.

I did some digging, and come to find out, the guy dug an outhouse for my grandmother's sisters milk man.
The woman next to him with the revolver is Bonnie Parker's older sister, Gertrude. She was so mean and nasty they sent her to Maine to keep discipline in the logging camps.

From what I've seen, the 92 and 94 carbines with 2/3 mag are more common than half mags by a fair amount. Most examples have shotgun butt, but carbine stocks aren't rare. Most are either a ring delete option or post standard ring examples anyway.
In the 92s, the 38s are by far the most common. In 94s, the 38-55 was very popular pre-WW2. The 30-30 and 32 were popular too, but after the war very much so (for obvious reasons). The scarce ones are 32-40, of which I've had one. I sold it to a friend who simply fell in love with it. In the 92s, it's the 32-20 I don't see many of. I don't see a whole lot of 44s either. The 38 reigned Supreme here by a ridiculous margin that most Winchester people couldn't comprehend.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

There's a fair amount of short mag rifles too. Both these are 38s too.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

In the second pic, the ‘92 rifle is a rarity……you don’t see many ‘92 takedowns, especially with the rare mag tube length until you get to the Model 53…

Ya know, I don’t know what that rifle is in the picture either. You can see the bore so I’m thinking 38 or 44. Why would someone choose a shotgun butt over a carbine butt on a low recoiling rifle makes no sense.

What’s that other one…a ‘89 Marlin?

Fred’s picture of dry nothing with spiders…….I read where there were some murders recently in Joshua Tree park…. The desert is nice to look at, in pictures……. I’ll take the green anyday…….

We had some nasty wind today…45 mph…….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I thought that too with the bore size, but it could be a 38-55 too. IDK bud haha.

That 92 is a sweetheart. Carried but cared for like a baby. As new bore, clean and tight action. It's the one with the little stock plaque.
Yeah, the Marlin is an 1889. Like all Marlins, it's stupid accurate. I just really like the look of the 89 over the 94.

Now don't get me wrong, I much prefer the look of a carbine butt over shotgun, but those old hicks was smart.
The shotgun butt shoulders like lightning as much as I hate to admit it. Especially when you have a lot of clothes on in cold weather. Pains me to admit, cause I think a standard 92 or 94 saddle carbine is one of the best looking rifles ever made.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Bonnie Parker’s sister? Mean? Well, there’s baaaaad genes in that family……..must be inbred……..yea, a women telling loggers what to do.😂
She looks like she has a wandering brown eye, all three of them.

Back in the day with people in far out places like Maine, Mn.upstate logging areas………..a lot of weird stuff went on…Savagery deeds……I heard that sport, “Corn Hole” originated in Maine.

But here we is civilized….

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Green means bugs and humidity but what you see is too dry. Little water there. Not far away are towns. And a New York pizza place. Bud Light isn’t selling.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My preferred habitat is woodland, well I have to be where the Squirrels are at... :wink: however I thought the Sonoran Desert was fascinating and so vast that I wouldn't mind living there, I think that not seeing many people has a lot to do with it as I'm not only growing old I'm also growing more antisocial ... :lol:
sonoran-desert-sunset-color-superstition-wilderness-az.jpg
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

On a serious note Fred, the western geography is nice to look at and it’s vastly different than here…..but it’s personal thing with me and western topography is mostly all brown….we have enough brown around here during the winter months and I like to see green…….right now it’s mostly brown here except for a few holly trees……

In the winter months when depression starts shifting gears I’ll go to my secret place where I have buckets of $100 bills. I spread them out with the green side up and I instantly feel better. I place the “green” on the basement floor which takes up most of the basement, then I’ll ring the whole thing with Double Eagles, all from the 1860’s…..My doctor told me he does the same thing but with only $50 bills. My neighbor does it with $5 bills and Biden supporters do it with play money or they steal outdated green paint where they paint old newspapers.

Speaking of green I have a bucket load coming Saturday…..more on that Saturday night.

You see othe below pictured 1894 SRC? It’s nearly new and still has stiffness in the action. It’s one of the last SRC’s that came out of the factory in 1926. These rifles were made during a time when Winchester changed something in their bluing process and the blue quickly flaked away…….its going to be in the classified soon. I can’t take it with me…..

Everyone has their own prefered color. I like purple.
IMG_1284.jpeg
IMG_1283.jpeg
IMG_1299.jpeg

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ohhh that's super nice buddy. Me like. :mrgreen:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Were you the one who found the “Maine Penny”? I just watched this program called “Strange Things” or something like that and someone found a Viking coin with Olaf the Peaceful stamped on it…..they went on to say that a woodsloafer on a Harley in Maine found it while he was hunting for empty beer cans to get money for cheap Russian vodka and that he was living in a homemade trailer where he had a strip joint that doubled during the day as a denture manufacturer for people with “summer teeth”.

I got a hell of an imagination, don’t I?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha it wasn't me.......but it COULD HAVE BEEN. I guess that's the scary part. :D
I changed the oil and rotated the tires on the Gladiator yesterday. That was a cold job.
I ran through the local gun shops. It's like there's one on every corner now.....with nothing in them. I miss my old buddies place. Gonna stop up and see him today. I gotta get better about doing that more often. I get busy with everything and it gets put off. It shouldn't.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Penny Jay,
Yup….your living a busy life….remember the old saying, “never put off until tomorrow what can be done today”.

My buddy Gary stopped over yesterday and we were, as usual, discussing old Winchesters. He was telling me about the Allentown show which is normally a super show for the old stuff……he told me about most of the old time dealers whom we’ve both knew and how they died off. Because of the internet, good guns have vanished as southeastern Pa has been the holder of all of these nice guns with lots of condition.

No, it ain’t what it used to be but I can say I experienced all of the glory days of collecting…….

Never did I think it would change like that. Me and Gary are partially responsible for that as we boff have most of the inventory that used to be around here….🤪. 🤥.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well I didn't hurt it much. I was young, but still late to the game. As usual.
I never really made a job of it either. I kinda took em as they came. And most out of my buddy's little shop with the wood stove.
I don't care so much now. Don't get me wrong, I still love old Winchesters, but I don't have the desire to spend the cash they get for them now. The fun of buying em is kinda gone. I still like having them though. Glad I bought my few when I did.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I agree……it was a game when hardly anyone knew what they had but someone told them different………now, everyone is an “expert”.

Still a lot of sleepers out there with excellent potential but it’ll take 20 years to find out along with youthful enthusiasm, neither of which I have.

I never even got dressed today just lounging around. I have a fair amount of stuff that needs taken care of but, well….its one of those days.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah I didn't do anything today either. The wife babysat the granddaughter here today. My wife had a Dr appointment so I watched her for a while.
When the kids from Alaska were here, we took the oldest grandson ice skating. Kristy fell on her butt. Didn't look like a big deal, but she did something. Went to the doctor today and they sent her for an x-ray. Hopefully it isn't anything much.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Most likely nothing……I too used to be an ice skater and when you fall,on your butt, you may take a tiny piece of bottom of your spine with the fall….goes away after a few days. Some of the stuff I used to do on skates was down right stupid. Where the source of the water comes in it usually don’t freeze there and we’d think nothing of jumping over these holes and landing 6” from the far edge, not realizing the ice was maybe 1/2” thick.

I imagine everyone ice skates up your way as it’s always cold but water don’t freeze around here like it used to.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I hope Kristy is fine and it's only a bruise and please tell her that her juju worked on the police firearms officer as he's was happy with the gun safe holding my dangerous arsenal of one shotgun. I can breathe a sigh of relief now :)
Funny how times have changed 61 years ago my first gun licence cost 50 pence (10 shillings) from the post office and you kept your gun by the kitchen door.
Never tried ice skating ⛸️ tobogganing was my favourite winter sport as a little kid.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've done that, but I don't think that's it.
The issue is she already has spondolethesis, where the lower part of her spine is separated and floats around. She got it from being a gymnast when she was young. Just want to make sure there is no further back injury.

Yeah, we skated all the time when we were kids. There was a rink over at the fair grounds about an eighth mile away. Spent some cold days over there. There was a little shack with a wood stove where you could thaw your feet, but they were never warm in those darn skates.
Last edited by OldWin on Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:15 am I hope Kristy is fine and it's only a bruise and please tell her that her juju worked on the police firearms officer as he's was happy with the gun safe holding my dangerous arsenal of one shotgun. I can breathe a sigh of relief now :)
Funny how times have changed 61 years ago my first gun licence cost 50 pence (10 shillings) from the post office and you kept your gun by the kitchen door.
Never tried ice skating ⛸️ tobogganing was my favourite winter sport as a little kid.
Glad to hear buddy! The Juju is strong in her!
We used to slide every afternoon after school all winter long. We would walk home from school, grab our sleds, and run down to the Armory and ball fields. We slid on dirt bike and snowmobile trails in the woods. Very steep hills ran down to the reservoir. We were crazy, trying to run each other off the trail and into the trees.
I think back on it often. We were tough back then. It would be around 0 degrees F, and we'd have jeans on with no long John's, soaked to the bone. There'd be 4 or 5 feet of snow. All the kids ran on top of the snow banks on side of the road on the way to school. There were little foot trails right in the top. By mid January, you were getting close to the bottom wires on the poles. When it started to get dark, we'd walk home with our jeans frozen stiff. Once home, I'd sit on the old cast iron steam radiators. I couldn't even feel it for a while, then it would burn like crazy. My legs would be beet red.
The next day, we'd do it all over. Good ole days boys. My buddies and I still talk about it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
Please spread our well wishes to Kristy….theres not much more important than the backbone for enjoying life……….

I remember those days…..long Johns? What were they? ……nice boots?…..sheeeeeee, our school shoes……we got one pair a year and it had to serve for everything and we dared not complain. Remember my older brother giving me some of his army coats and gloves

Sometimes I wonder if our parents were being cheap , didn’t care, old ways, thinking about their future or whatever because my dad managed to have decent cars and they went out regularly. People who lived through the Depression did not fiddle their money away. Plus, we KNEW we were out of the house the day after graduation from h.s……..plus, I wanted to be out of the house and on my own…….

For 3 days I’ve been telling mom, “I out to the woodpile!”…….but haven’t shown up yet……this modern heat pump is so efficient I only notice the electric bill going up maybe $30 for a.c. and heat….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks buddy! I will pass the well wishes on.
Just got word from the docs. Nothing broken, fractured, or made worse. They said she had a real bad bone bruise, which is painful as all get out.
Back in the day, I had decent winter clothes. Mostly cause it was a necessity if you were outside like we were in the winter. My parents never went out, and ran their vehicles quite awhile. We lived fairly well but there wasn't much in the way of frivolous spending. They were careful with money. I remember going to friends houses and and being surprised at all the snack food, soda, or other "extras" they had. None of that at our house.
Many people have heat pumps here but they are used mostly for AC. They will in no way heat a house here. They will help a smaller space, but that's about it.