Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

OW, was wondering mostly about the drying process. Thanks.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey bro…..let’s see…you have so many Jeeps I forgot what I wanted to say………oh!…..how come you don’t winch it? If that’s your “Maine” Jeep (hey! You like that…”your Maine/main Jeep?”) and a dirt driveway to the camp which can be made impossible by your amounts of snow, it makes sense……..

If you decide to use your JD for plowing it might be wise to weight the tires (if they already are not) with calcium/weights and a set of chains. While the bucket will get you out 95% of the time by the tilting maneuver. Mines about the same size as yours and trust me, when you’re on a slope and there’s ice underneath, all four wheels will spin. Im kicking it around for chains…..even leave my mower deck on which is a good 500 pounds. Considering I have not plowed the driveway in 2 years the expense of chains is smart. 🤣

Just unloaded 2 big wheelbarrow loads of food from Costco……my wife is getting so laid back she won’t even shop anymore. From the bedroom to the bathroom to the kitchen to her mega chair that has everything on it…..this thing has USB ports, moves every which way and the same on the other side where her stupid dog sits which will bite me if I try to take the spot…..I told her I’d put a little refrigerator, hot plate, microwave and a 5 gallon bucket next to the chair and she could live her whole life on it. She says, “oh no! I have to keep an eye on you!”
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred…you WIN! ….come on over and I’ll gift you moms chair.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ww have an electric dehydrator. I can get the make and model if you like.
Once it's in there, you vary the time depending on how thick or how much is in there. Thinner pieces may take 8hrs, buy thicker ones may need to stay longer.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey bro!
Yes, the tires are loaded. We'd really need cleat chains to effectively plow. The best rig would probably be a front mount blower as the road would close in with a plow. Not enough room to push it back.
I don't see me doing it though. I will run the Gladiator in as long as I can, then go to the sled.
We got about 8" of snow up there today. I guess summer is over. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

A “front mounted blower?”………hell, we all could just invite our wives for a cookout in the snowed in driveway and move them every 15 minutes. By about 8:00 PM they’d have the snow removed and the frozen ground thawed out.

I still can’t figure out how snow remains on the ground at Moms sister’s farmhouse. Must be 200 of them talking about anyone who isn’t there. If you look due south you’ll probably see a glow from the heat those mouths produce going a mile a minute. You ought to hear em..”oh that no good lazy “Luigi”, he’s a bum.”…..and 10 minutes later “Luigi” walks in the door and they offer him a sandwich. Then they say how “Angela” makes all these babies and is a slut then “Angela” walks in the door and they offer to set up a baby shower.😂😝. 👌🏿

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

People who always run other folks down but smile and offer you a beer when you meet are the worst kind.... :(

I'm hoping that the snow keeps off until I have finished my dentist and doctors appointments, the roads around here are treacherous with just rain let alone snow and ice.
Last winter we got not much more than a light sprinkling but heavy snow is forecast this winter so if it snows like it has rained all summer I'll be living on canned beans till Spring :lol:

My newgun safe arrived today just waiting on the 16 gauge now.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Happy Thanksgiving boys.

Yeah, I don't care for that kind of behind the back talking either.
snkbittin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by snkbittin »

Happy Thanksgiving all! ..Im not on here near enough ..I hope with wintah setting in ill get some more time..Hope your all well ,,Enjoy your day
Fords..Shelbys..John Deeres..Winchesters..Colt..S&W and O scale RR’er
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

All well here, thank you. No problem. Stop by whenever you like or get a chance. We hicks don't get uptight over much. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

snkbittin wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:47 am Happy Thanksgiving all! ..Im not on here near enough ..I hope with wintah setting in ill get some more time..Hope your all well ,,Enjoy your day
Thanks Snake Dude……I’ll be entering the “asylum for the aged” next week….I actually thought yesterday was Thanksgiving until around 4-5 o’clock….

Well boys…around here it’s just another day. At my in-laws there’s 20 kids all running around with no discipline and that S drives me nuts….

Go out to the go-rage and continue working on my homemade leaf vacuum set up.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We had a big crowd at my parents place. Biggest we've ever had. Had a great day and a good meal. Ton of food here. Kristy had to go into work for a few hours tonight, then she's out for a week.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Turkey, plenty of stuffing and 100 year old carving knives.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Obviously Thanksgiving isn't a big celebration over here so the only Turkey I had was a bag of Turkey flavour potato chips or crisps as we call 'em..... :cry:
IMG_20231124_115820.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well there's a first for me!

Turkey flavored potato chips. Whodathunkit?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Big chips

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My new to me 16 gauge has arrived so tomorrow a three hour round trip to pick it up... :D I've really got to get to know the local gun dealers but the ones I've met so far are the uppity types.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We will require pics GK!

Big chips of what?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes…pics of GK’s new 16 are a must……and you have to name it, like Davy Crockett called his rifle “Old Woody”.😜

Things are not so good here….we had nothing to eat so maybe you guys can start a go fund me page, even if it’s for soup. This is what we started out with yesterday….
IMG_1254.jpeg

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Big chips of stuffing from the bottom of the roaster. Sheets actually.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey dad…..that’s my way of thinking along with the humor…..that little Greta actually thinks she runs the world. What a little worm. The only one who speaks the truth is Kamala….she was cooking on a gas stove yesterday….typical self appointed elitist.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A heck of a journey but worth it. The three hour round trip took four and a half hours, first hard frost of the year and icy roads plus the usual road works and when I get there they say I can't pick it up as the seller didn't fill in the purchase on my license, however I know these guys and they found a way around the problem by saying they bought it from the seller and sold it to me. Our gun laws get dumber by the day. Anyway the gun is so tight even I had a problem putting the barrels on, it doesn't look like it's been fired more than a couple of times, there's a light mark on the Beechwood stock and a tiny blemish on the outside of the right barrel, it has been fitted with a recoil pad and is a tad on the short side so maybe it belonged to a girl or youth who couldn't work the action and gave up on it. I will now have something to do getting it up to standard. The daylight was fading by the time I got home so the photos I took are not very good . By the way as it's a HAMMER GUN I am naming it Thor... :lol:
IMG_20231125_152229.jpg
The Landrover is not to scale and I'll try to get better photos tomorrow.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well GK…..she sure looks clean and undoubtedly only has a box out of it…..I had a hammer gun that I sold Griff and I used it in CAS to the tune of 3-400 rounds and it never did blow up….was an old damascus Belgium gun. You gonna blow some squirrels out of the trees to feed Nate’s foxes?

Yea, she sure looks new after a double look…nice checkering……should make a nice gift for the winner of page 231

I’d take a Russian gun anyday over an Italian or S. American junk. Russian guns remind me of British military guns…ugly but battle worthy……..never could understand the vast amount of difference between a Best Quality British double shotgun or double rifle and a Webley revolver…or an Enfield….

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

It probably won't get used untill I move away from Somerset, but it will watch a lot of westerns with me while I keep working the action :wink: the breech face shows hardly any marks from firing but boy is hard to open. That's the reason for it only being $92 bucks someone was too lazy to smooth it out ... The last one I bought was a 12 gauge and was hard to close because of a tight extractor, I would have kept that one but the hammer springs were in need of lightening and that's one thing I hate messing with.
IMG_20170614_164624.jpg
As you can see this one looked new as well. I paid a little more for the 12 but not much.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

So the pic is your old 12? Nice looking shotgun buddy. Can't wait to see that 16 piling up the meat. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:47 pm So the pic is your old 12? Nice looking shotgun buddy. Can't wait to see that 16 piling up the meat. :D
Jay by the look of the top lever it was ment for Maine..... :shock:
IMG_20231125_181629.jpg
CLICK TO ENLARGE PHOTO.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh cool! Yes, it surely was.
Man, it's chilly here today. It was 13 degrees this morning. I've been out with the grandson while he was riding his battery 4 wheeler around. Cool!
Dad ran up to the lot to "start his 4 wheeler". But I think he wants to get in a last few hours of hunting. Man, I didn't get much. I don't care. I e had fun with everyone here. Today is the last day of regular firearms season. There's 2 weeks of muzzle loader hunting, but I don't do that.

I ordered some parts for the sled thus morning. Needed a choke cable, a battery hold down strap, and a nut for the tether cord.

I'll have to go up and retrieve my treestand seats, blinds, and my trailer with the 4 wheeler and trail bike in it.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Glad you're having fun up there Jay the Deer will wait till next season, I have a question your Deer season is quite short so what can you hunt all year round in Maine ?

I don't want to bore you guys with my Russian toy but the action was so stiff I had to wear leather gloves as the skin on my right thumb was disappearing. I must have opened and closed that action more times in an hour than it ever got opened in the last Forty years. I don't think it has ever seen oil or grease and a burr was scaring up the lump on the barrels, a few seconds with a file and some emery cloth and it now it's almost slick enough for CAS.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I figured you'd have that shotgun all tuned up in no time buddy.
Yeah, our regular firearms season is only about a month.
Bow season starts Oct 1st. Muzzle loader is either a week or 2 depending on the zone, and comes after regular firearms.
I think the only thing with no closed season is coyotes.
Rabbits runs from October 1st til March. Probably the longest season on actual game.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

“Meant for Maine”? Oh…oh…..the little refrigerator with weeds around it stamped on the lever or is it the deer hanging in the garage with no tag on it and it’s in July?…..that would also work for around here to, at least my house.

Well…me and mom just got back from picking up my new vanity plate, a stop at Tractor Supply, Home Depot and finally eats at Applebee’s. At Applebees, I was sitting on a wood bench and I tried to slip one out…….that went over as good as a “mistake” in church…Mom ain’t talking to me as the people next to us whipped their heads on an instant 90 degree angle. What really made her mad was after the “noise” I made, I said to her rather loudly, “What’s the matter with you??!!

You believe a gallon of Behr stain/waterproofing was $51.68

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I’d have that shotgun running like grease on teflon in an hour… a Wolfe spring kit and some polishing would do it…..import regulations probably make the manufacturers use overly heavy springs. In CAS I had my Lefever like an early Python.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ooooohhh! The old "wood bench rattler". Only way it could be better is if it had that "pre diarrhea" smell. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It did, along with a follower……….one guy told me to go upstate.

All classic tags start with a “C”.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice buddy!
We can't get "antique plates" till the vehicle is 25 years old. Old Red makes the cut. Then you don't need inspections or anything. The fee is really cheap too. The catch is you're not supposed to haul a trailer, work it, or put a lot of miles on.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Anything that forbids me from hauling a trailer is fine by me, I hate towing anything, my ex wife on the other hand was hauling horse boxes like a professional :oops:
Nice one Six.. 8)
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok gk now what is the make of that shotgun and the details? Don’t think I have ever seen one like it.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:07 pm Ok gk now what is the make of that shotgun and the details? Don’t think I have ever seen one like it.
It was made in the Imperial Tula Arms Plant started by Tsar Peter 1 of Russia in 1712. Model name is Toz 63, 28" chrome lined barrels, 6lbs 14ozs choked full and 3/4 could have been made in the 60s or 70s USSR. It's the third one I've owned plus a Toz 66 which is the same gun in 12 gauge. I kinda like em... :D
IMG_20231125_152003.jpg
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The only restrictions we have is that you can’t use the vehicle to go to work……and believe me, “I ain’t workin’ and I make no bones about it.”…..Johnny Rebel………here I thought I was going to save a bundle on car insurance and I find out I’m already in the category of “do nothings” and won’t save a dime…..

I bet good ole GK has been doing a lot of fondling……..there’s nothing like a new toy to play with…….maybe an adapter for .22 and you could shoot CB caps in there for “no noise” fun.

Rain all day….absolutely miserable.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Fondling is right, it's nice to know I can defend the old homestead once again :lol: I have a .410 adapter and am looking for a .22 smooth bore adapter but they are nearly all in 12 gauge.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Interesting from the dooryard site

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I can’t see where it would be hard to make…when I was going to gun shows there were tables full of barrels for sale so you bring your micrometer…after measuring your barrels……and buy one that’s about .080 thou under…cut off the barrel to about 12” and insert with a spacer that keeps the .22 barrel slightly off center for primer strikes on the rim fire…….heck, if you measured it I’d do the work for you.

On the other hand I could just buy the proper way to do it and send it to ya…..you in?

Jay…..”Classic” is for vehicles 15 y.o. and higher….”antique” is 25 and then you’re exempt from inspections …….I’ll do that in 2030 if I’m still alive. You really don’t gain nothing with Classic tags….I kinda threw $300+ into a wind storm.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred….that makes about the same sense as going to a Polish picnic without any Pollacks…..🤪……or a Mexican picnic without any beeners….

But on the other hand, I’ve always wondered why the front sight on most handguns is called a Patridge sight.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

E E Patridge was an 19th century sportsman who invented the sight.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Never would have known..thanks Dad……

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Six, I live in England and our slave masters do not allow us to buy rifled barrels without the police granting permission via a gun licence for that particular caliber..
Same for shotgun barrels but not so specific only a shotgun license is required and any gauge can be had as long as its smooth bored..
If I had a 16g/.22 adaptor it would (for legal reasons) only be used for .22 shot shells any thing else could put me inside for 5 years.. :(
I have just emailed a photo of my shotgun cabinet to the police who requested it after making me dispose of my guns when I had to move to this anti gun anti hunting hell hole. Hang on to your 2nd amendment boys you sure wouldn't want to live here.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea GK…….it’s like they took a whole group of individuals who are like minded and forced them into other hobbies which they probably don’t like….

Nothing going on here either unless you want to count people trying to use the emergency door on an airplane.

Cold and windy…….I feel a long boring winter…..

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Weather here has turned colder with more rain and grey sky, I didn't mind at the old place always had plenty to do and a nice hot wood stove to sit by and roast chestnuts. I used to spend a fortune on feeding the birds but here if you put out any bird food the crows ( which I ain't allowed to shoot) grab it all, very few little birds here anyway.. :(
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Weather flipped out here yesterday. Warmed up to 45 degrees and poured rain yesterday. It stopped in the morning and cleared off, so we figured it was a good time to head up to camp and haul back the enclosed trailer, four wheeler, and my trail bike.
My oldest grandson went with dad and I. My kid was sick on the couch, and my granddaughter went with the wife and DIL for a shopping day.
When we got back the grandson and rode the bike around for a while doing wheelies and jumps for a while. Then he helped me clean it up for storage.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

A broken cast part under stress……reason for a post?….wheres Scrappy when you need him?😜

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It’s 25 here….1/2” ice on the dogs blue pool……

Did you say the “enclosed trailer” that you’re bringing home? The big camp you built?