Lever Gun Light Mount

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Lever Gun Light Mount

Post by jkbrea »

Ever since AJMD429 posted his homemade light mount on his levergun years ago, I've wanted one.
Only problem is hardly anyone makes a light mount for a carbine that isn't bulky, except Hill People Gear. Got it today and installed in about one minute! It's on my Winchester Trapper .357.
20240507_144119.jpg
20240507_144109.jpg
20240507_144105.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Lever Gun Light Mount

Post by GunnyMack »

That should work for things that go bump in the night!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:21 pm That should work for things that go bump in the night!
Yeah. I got it because we got wolves coming down lately. They killed an elk and deer downrange and crippled a deer in my front yard. Gotta keep my dogs in at night now. This mount is awesome. Beats holding a flashlight in one hand.
JMick
Levergunner

Post by JMick »

I've had my eye on that mount, I'll have to get one.
What model of surefire in the light? And does it have a momentary on?
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

JMick wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:35 pm I've had my eye on that mount, I'll have to get one.
What model of surefire in the light? And does it have a momentary on?
The light is a Surefire X300 that is pretty old. I took it off my duty Kimber 1911. It has a momentary mode by pushing the switch in slightly. It does have a slight wobble but I think they came with different adapters to make it snug. The light mount is $95. I'm sure it could be made much cheaper but no one makes them for a .357. I've seen some people try shotgun receiver light mounts but you have to use a lot of rubber lining to make it fit and it looks large.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I have several of those HPG mounts and use Streamlight Pro Tac lights with the switch mounted on the foreend
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Now that is nice and compact ...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "