SOLD Early Savage Model 1899 saddle ring carbine, .303 Savage

The place to post items FOR SALE, WANTED TO BUY, WANTED TO TRADE, or AUCTION ALERTS.

Moderators: Hobie, rjohns94

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

SOLD Early Savage Model 1899 saddle ring carbine, .303 Savage

Post by Bill in Oregon »

This oldy but goody is the only saddle ring carbine 99 that I have owned -- a nice, handy rifle with a serial of 32.XXX that dates it to either 1902 or 1903 depending on the data base searched. It is in very good overall condition. Barrel is 20 inches and the bore is A- or a very high B+, sharp and clean. Metal shows honest use and considerable care over the past 122 years. Wood is nice, but there is a thumbnail-sized chip off the upper wrist at the tang. You can see it in the photo under the Marbles's tang sight. Has the brass window cartridge counter and the early loaded chamber indicator on the bolt top. Included are the original barrel sight and tang filler screws, Lee .303 Savage dies, three boxes of Wisconsin Cartridge loaded 180-grain softpoint ammo in PPU brass, a partial fourth box with fired cases and five commercial rounds and most of a box of the bullet that made the .303's reputation -- the 190-grain softpoint from Barnes. This carbine puts that bullet into about two inches at 50 yards over 29.5 grains of LEVERevolution powder.
Asking $900 plus $50 shipping. The rifle has to go to an FFL or Curio and Relic license, but I will ship the ammo, dies and brass Fedex ground. Not looking for trades, thanks.

yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Re: FS: Early Savage Model 1899 saddle ring carbine, .303 Savage

Post by yooper2 »

If didn't have a pair of 99Fs I'd be all over this Bill. Great little rifles. The Hawk 190gr bullet is also an excellent option for the 303 Savage.

Eric
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

yooper2 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 pm If didn't have a pair of 99Fs I'd be all over this Bill. Great little rifles. The Hawk 190gr bullet is also an excellent option for the 303 Savage.

Eric
Yup, that's a treasure. Daughter made a lot of meat in AK with hers. It's the kind of thing where you'd like to line up three animals to cut the harvest cost by two thirds !

It's a great offer for a working food producer . . .
LeverGunner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverGunner »

Very nice. I didn't know that the 99 was ever offered with a saddle ring.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets.

Lead Alloy Calculator
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

SPF fellas.