God sends a lesson in the form of conjoined twins

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

God sends a lesson in the form of conjoined twins

Post by Bill in Oregon »

This is a more in-depth obituary for the Schappell twins who have something to teach -- to me at least -- about dignity under extremely difficult circumstances, and trust in God.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/22/heal ... =url-share
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: God sends a lesson in the form of conjoined twins

Post by AJMD429 »

Wow…just wow…

Humbling beyond measure.

Thanks for sharing.

The Hansel twins have been amazing as well, but it appears that they have had a far easier path than the Schappell’s - much less physically wrong, and at least they face the same direction…!.

https://www.today.com/parents/family/co ... rcna145275

None of us likely have any thing so hard to deal with.

I see “…Lori worked at a hospital laundry in the 1990s and enjoyed bowling…” …I’ve seen patients wanting disability for both severe and minor reasons, but NEVER one with that much going on who WANTS to work…!

Reba sang pretty well too…

https://youtu.be/xRLGUMArxnY?si=bLcUE2smZwsHVEgF

Certainly a case I can see where gender could by ambiguous; sounds like they may have been one XX and one XY, but not being fully developed and having spina bifida, and importantly, sharing hormones via circulation when puberty hit, could really make things challenging.
I always wonder how they keep from having a bunch of neck pain or something when they are joined like that.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Doc, yes, humbling. All my worries -- ALL of them times 100 -- don't amount to a hill of poo compared to what these two souls endured, with grace. I am sorry that God has to slap me in the face with a large frozen halibut to get my attention so often, but I love Him for trying.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Wow, just wow...

I have an identical twin -- in fact, after being studied by a hospital in Boston, they told us we were in the "top 5" for being most alike from the over 500 sets of twins they'd interviewed (and tested using a variety of methods). The birthmark on his chest is a mirror image of the one on my lower leg, and we think that's where the egg "split" -- and it would have been an awkward spot to be co-joined, for sure!

We don't go to any twins events or anything -- but we did date identical twin sisters once back in high school.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

humbling for sure. it highlights how stupidly short my fuse gets betimes !