Just one Blackhawk

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: Just one Blackhawk

Post by buckeyeshooter »

As far as a single action, one of my pair of 4 5/8 stainless Vaqueros that I had made into 44 magnum/44-40 convertibles. As far as only one, My 1978 vintage Smith and Wesson 29 in nickle with a 6.5 inch barrel with presentation case and goodies. I have shot 10's of thousands, if not a 100,000 rounds through that 44.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Tycer wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:56 am The Buckeye 32-20 / 32 H&R convertible.
Same here. Any of my other Blackhawks can be filled with a different item.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

I've had the one I need a 4-5/8" barreled SS 357 mag since my Maui Days, but I would love a SS Target Bisley 44 mag with a 5.5" barrel.
Blackhawk.jpg
Superblackhawk Bisley 44 5.50.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

When I bought my .44 mag and .45 Colt Bisleys years ago they were available only in blue and came only with 7 1/2" barrels. I had gunsmiths shorten the barrels to 5 1/2" and I've been very pleased with them. Having steel grip frames, they are more comfortable to shoot than standard Blackhawks with their alloy frames, not only from a weight standpoint but also because the Bisley frames distribute recoil more effectively.
High Desert Hunter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by High Desert Hunter »

Well anymore I have trouble shooting more than one at a time, so depending on the day, I would choose the 32-20, 357, 44, 45 Colt, or 480. Some days its all about the Freedom Arms 454,which I shoot with mid range loads.

Dave
Chaser
Levergunner

Post by Chaser »

horsesoldier03 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:45 pm The only Blackhawk I have. It was nothing impressive when I got it, but we got that fixed so I will let it slide.
Horsesoldier plucked the image straight out of my mind. If I owned one it would look like his only in .44-40. And since I'm wishing it would shoot as well also! :D