Howdy from Georgia!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ikocher
Levergunner

Howdy from Georgia!

Post by ikocher »

I'm grateful that I was able to join. I had tried a while back but didn't see that registration had been opened. I've been stopping in to the forum as a resource for a while now when working on projects and researching ideas, along with reading the main page's articles. I had even looked into ordering an ACU'RZR at one point. Thankfully, I found someone who let me acquire theirs.

I'm a big fan of the articles section as they've been helpful. It's great to see names like Ashley Emerson as I'm a fan of the XS sights and the Ashley Performance rails I've got on a few of my rifles. Paco's article on .357 Magnum, along with a slue of other folks, help keep me ready for deer season last year when I switch to my Marlin 1894 CST for the 2023 deer season. It worked out great. Between the articles on the main page and what's in the LASC page, I've done a ton of reading and continue to go back to re-read.

Thanks again for opening registration and accepting my join request.

I don't have just lever action rifles but I've found that I generally prefer them for what I do on the regular. I like the semi-autos (traditional layout and modern alike) just fine but keeping hold of my brass during casual applications like hunting and homestead work is nice.

I'm not a purist but I do appreciate the traditional designs. Some of the new stuff does offer nice benefits while keeping things traditional does to. Usually weight savings but I'm a big fan of silencers as silencers make for good neighbors and I like to shoot on my property. I've got one more fun project coming this year before our newborn shows up. I'm building out an LA322 with all the "features" that should come out to be a real peach if it works the way I think it will.

I'm hoping I will be able to use this place to learn more and ask questions as I move along. Thanks again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm 104:14 - He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, And vegetation for the service of man, That he may bring forth food from the earth (NKJV)
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: Howdy from Georgia!

Post by AmBraCol »

Welcome to the forum! As you can see from the posts, we've a wide range of interests in the shooting sports so you should fit right in. Glad you didn't get purged with the spammers. :D
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I activated the account as the email looked genuine :D welcome to the fire ikocher... 8)
I do not see all the details that I used to, makes it more difficult to recognise friend from foe.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
ikocher
Levergunner

Post by ikocher »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:52 am I activated the account as the email looked genuine :D welcome to the fire ikocher... 8)
I do not see all the details that I used to, makes it more difficult to recognise friend from foe.
Well then thanks for seeing me! The old domain name tends to be eye catching. I get a comment every now and then about it so I haven't made any changes to something more common. I had a guy about a month ago make the comment that people who still use it are usually pretty old which I'm not by most peoples' standards (unless you're 5). It's at least a talking point.
Psalm 104:14 - He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, And vegetation for the service of man, That he may bring forth food from the earth (NKJV)
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

Welcome and your description fits most of us! Lever centered, but wings sprout out to all kinds of iron! Welcome and from what ive learned in a long life, Georgia Man, gotta love em most likely!
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Welcome and Congrats on your soon to be shootin buddy!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Welcome to the fire. Pull up a stump to set on and have a cup of coffee and enjoy. You fit right in with most everyone here.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Hi & Welcome from Wyoming!
Looks like a nice usefull group of guns, whats the semi auto?

ollogger
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Welcome
As you can tell we like pictures! Thank for yours :D
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
ikocher
Levergunner

Post by ikocher »

ollogger wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:50 am Hi & Welcome from Wyoming!
Looks like a nice usefull group of guns, whats the semi auto?

ollogger
The pictured semi auto is a Homesteader with more stuff than it actually needs. Buckets of fun to shoot though
ikocher
Levergunner

Post by ikocher »

JimT wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:34 am Welcome to the fire. Pull up a stump to set on and have a cup of coffee and enjoy. You fit right in with most everyone here.
I can do that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ikocher on Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Howdy from Western NC!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Welcome to the fire from Colorful Colorado.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Image and Welcome to THE Forum!

I think you'll find the general population here to enjoy most types of firearms, early, modern, those in-between! Some are even adore a pistol or two, or three, or... more!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
LeverGunner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverGunner »

Howdy from Kentucky. Nice ones you have there. Congratulations on your baby! I just one myself.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets.

Lead Alloy Calculator
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

Welcome from Arkansas. Glad to have you join us. You'll find something interesting on here most every day.

JBowen
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

Howdy back at you from Kentucke. Lots of helpful folks here. Glad you jumped in.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

welcome from the pacific northwest. looks like the top one is the Top Gun :)

grizz
LeverGunner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverGunner »

How do you like that forward mount on the Winchester 94? I have a replacement rear band with a stud and I like that pretty good.

Lead Alloy Calculator
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Welcome to the campfire! :D
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Just because I am kind of slow at times, curious if your Georgia is a State or a Country? Welcome all the same!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
ikocher
Levergunner

Post by ikocher »

horsesoldier03 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:21 pm Just because I am kind of slow at times, curious if your Georgia is a State or a Country? Welcome all the same!
Fair point. State.
ikocher
Levergunner

Post by ikocher »

LeverGunner wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:05 am How do you like that forward mount on the Winchester 94? I have a replacement rear band with a stud and I like that pretty good.
I take it you mean the sling? It works well enough. I used to have a Williams receiver mounted aperture sight and the whole setup had a sort of older military rifle feel to it with the sling. I used to carry my rifles when stalking in the "Africa carry" muzzle down method for fast deploy and that setup seemed to work well for it. Which is why the pad is in the place it is.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Glad to have you here sir. Owning two cans makes you a certified enthusiast. :lol:
LeverGunner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverGunner »

Thanks for sharing, I failed to notice the pad on the sling. I've carried that way occasional, experimenting.

Lead Alloy Calculator