Training for CCW (and home protection).

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Training for CCW (and home protection).

Post by AJMD429 »

Lots of options, and probably the best is to travel to go to one of the high-end places like Gunsite Ranch, but few of us will ever afford the time or money to do that.

What most of my friends and I have done over the years is just get together and casually shoot cans or paper targets or steel, and sometimes it's even a stretch to get some of them new shooters to bother to sight in their guns...! Clearly that's not adequate, because about the only thing accomplished is the shooters do gain some muscle memory with manipulation of their firearm. Even that comes at the cost of a lot of ammo consumed, and unless there is formal attention being paid to gun handling, poor safety habits can creep into the mix.

I've gone to some classes over the years with emphasis on the legal aspects of self-defense, and gone to a few that involved focusing on aiming and firing accurately.

But for any drills involving reloading or handling a jammed firearm or shooting with the weak hand or shooting from a position that is awkward, have all been things my friends and I have had to dream up on our own.

I find some video suggestions from the internet are better than others, and over the past couple years I've really grown to like this guy's videos. At first when I would see comments on his videos, the predominant sentiment seem to be that he had no credibility because he was just some young kid who mostly learned from video games.

https://youtu.be/GlPckDqa-Qc?si=_4jpu3cWvmZJ6Moy

But from what I've seen, more and more serious people are paying attention, and find his training videos and philosophy useful.

I guess what I like is that he doesn't just hop on whatever popular bandwagon we are supposed to hop on, but instead tries new things and new products and doesn't hesitate to call prestigious products awful or entry level products adequate. He seems to be all about practical ways to get the highest percentage of the population capable and equipped as possible.

If nothing else, he has built a huge and apparently very successful business with a very pro gun and ethical set of standards. There have been several instances where he could have ripped off customers but went in the exact opposite direction.

https://youtu.be/eSDglFmJGeE?si=sRsikYQwVV0OgUPn

The video above I found of interest because it was a handful of people who are in law enforcement and just having kind of an impromptu training session with him. He may be someone who 'has never worn a uniform', but if you watch the way he works with those shooters and homes their skills, it's hard to see anything negative about it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "