300 Blackout to 600 yards

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

300 Blackout to 600 yards

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/7c0v6zfyozY?si=8DB9tQklCdEDaVdG

I like stuff like this.

45-70 to 1,000 yards, 22 LR to 300 yards, 32-20 to 400 yards.

I've seen YouTube videos on all those, and find the challenge of even just elevation to be impressive, much less for windage conditions.

Of course even if the gun is consistently accurate at long ranges, unless you know your range VERY accurately you will not have a first-round hit.

The subsonic rounds seem disappointingly inconsistent at longer ranges though.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Re: 300 Blackout to 600 yards

Post by wvfarrier »

Ive run 300blk supers out to 400 and even that was tough....he has some mad skills
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 300 Blackout to 600 yards

Post by COSteve »

I set up a Henry H001 .22 lr with a Lyman rear sight to give me a chance at 300 yards and found the results interesting. While I could dial in the elevation, the wind made the prospect of actually hitting what you were aiming at almost random. Even when there was no apparent wind at all the drift between shots at 300 yds was measured in feet, not inches.

Maybe an indoor range with the ventilation turned off would allow one to shoot at those ranges but outside in the real world 300 yds is a joke. Don't get me wrong. I shoot my Henry at 100 to 125 yds every time I take it out and at that range the drift is much more predictable shot to shot.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are