I know what he means

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

I know what he means

Post by Bill in Oregon »

As a native Oregonian who cannot abide what the "progressives" have done to a state that my family has called home for 140 years, I watched this with a lump in my throat, as Mark and his wife prepare to leave Oregon and the Cinnabar Ranch for Cody, Wyoming. Godspeed to you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q0Uc3pxeHk
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Re: I know what he means

Post by Drawdown »

Believe me I understand! Have enjoyed lot his videos, looking forward to more, and the Wyoming Armory! I subscribed finally, it's getting sad everywhere!
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

Yeah, you can tell it was hard for him to leave with so many roots there on his and his wife’s families, though he said he won’t miss the woke politics.
In his first video in Wyoming he is pretty excited with his new adventure.
I enjoy watching his videos.

JBowen
Galloway
Levergunner

Post by Galloway »

Does anyone know the particulars as to why he left? And were those videos shot on his land or blm? It appeared to be paradise.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I know exactly what you mean. I grew up in Northern California in the 50's and 60's when it truly was the 'Golden State'.

No, it along with all of the 'Left Coast' cities have devolved into dung heaps.

That's why I escaped to Jefferson County in Colorado back in 1980 where even though the Denver area has gone Lefty, the rest of the state is still decent.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

And I grew up in the Santa Clara Valley in what USED to be known as The Valley of Hearts Delight in the late '50s and early '60s. In the Mid to late '60s most all the farm land was plowed over for housing and business! In other words they "paved paradise and put up a parking lot". :cry:
That's in the south bay of San Francisco bay area in Kalifornication, for those of you not familiar with the area.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I hadn't realized the Cinnabar Ranch was between Paisley and Summer Lake. Dad, brothers and I used to hunt ducks at Summer Lake Wildlife Refuge. Fished some of the high mountain creeks in the Paisley Ranger District. It's spectacular country.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Galloway wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:42 pm Does anyone know the particulars as to why he left? And were those videos shot on his land or blm? It appeared to be paradise.
Pretty sure it was the logistics of being the new owner of Wyoming Armory in Cody, Wy. and not wanting to keep commuting from SE Oregon to Cody multiple times a year. He originally said he was keeping both places and his Cinnabar Ranch would remain as home, but I thought that was pretty optimistic thinking when I heard that.
Obviously they're not selling the Cinnabar, and will still be there occasionally. It's just logistically easier to make Cody the base, and live there more than in Oregon.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The thing that really gets me is that many of the folks fleeing idiotic leftist blue states and cities, going to red states and cities, then turn around and vote for the same moronic lefties and left policies that they fled in the first place.

Are they really that stupid - or do they just want the happy part of the country to be as miserable as they are? :evil:
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:41 pm The thing that really gets me is that many of the folks fleeing idiotic leftist blue states and cities, going to red states and cities, then turn around and vote for the same moronic lefties and left policies that they fled in the first place.

Are they really that stupid - or do they just want the happy part of the country to be as miserable as they are? :evil:
I think those who do that are not as conservative as the areas they move to. They may consider themselves too conservative for the leftist blue state they came from, but then decide the state they moved too is too ultra conservative and try to vote in changes.
I've often wondered why they couldn't learn to be more conservative since it's likely most are older folks when they finally make that move. Why would they want to change the politics for so little time they have left to live?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/