Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

Wow that is really cool. There's just nothing that old here. That would be neat to see England and Europe. Just to see such old things. I am fascinated by that.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well Jay you have won page 249 so you can take a weekend break for two at Bamburgh Castle..... 8)
s880zzok1o951.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Would like to tour the castles and of course the golf courses.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:00 am Would like to tour the castles and of course the golf courses.
OS there's plenty to choose from... 🏌️
2024EventFlyers_14_600x.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's just beautiful. If I make it over I'll hire you as my tour guide. Don't know if I can afford your rates, but I'll want a thorough tour of the pubs too! :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:31 pm That's just beautiful. If I make it over I'll hire you as my tour guide. Don't know if I can afford your rates, but I'll want a thorough tour of the pubs too! :D
That's good as I work for Beer.....🍺

We can even hire a Landrover to travel in.
Northumberland-Pubs-600-crop-1.gif
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:46 pm
OldWin wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:31 pm That's just beautiful. If I make it over I'll hire you as my tour guide. Don't know if I can afford your rates, but I'll want a thorough tour of the pubs too! :D
That's good as I work for Beer.....🍺
Hey! It all works out. There's such balance in nature. :D
And we can hire your son to be the designated driver! :D
I'm shopping tickets now! :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Jay how come you post more often when you're at work ?....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha, well I'm not at work yet, but on average, that's when I have the most free time. :D
It's a grueling, and difficult experience. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Jay, I think you will laugh at this, it's one of the reasons I love old LandRovers.
It's a bit long but it had me in stitches :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/374150785 ... WDuG2&fs=e
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha that's friggen priceless! All I could think of was a Benny Hill skit.

And my old 59 Willys Jeep. It was much the same. I miss it..... :D

Oh, and now I'm at work. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I thought you'd find the series one funny :D the woman in the wet dress wasn't bad either .. :wink:

Another grey day but temps in the mid fifties is saving me money on electricity, where I hope to be moving to has a wood burner I believe.. :)
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. It's no secret I got a soft spot for series 1 Rovers. I'd rather have one than an Aston Martin.
I like the old Brit bikes too. Just because......

Hey! The wood burner is good news buddy! I really hope this all comes together. You're due for a break.

I really hope I can get some favorable conditions to get my tractor home. There's been too much snow in the road and I don't want to get it stuck. But, I don't want the road down to gravel and lose it in a quagmire from frost going out. It's a dicey proposition. :D
I've got to change all the oils and filters. I have a hose I should replace. I have to put my skidder attachment on, and give it a good going over and grease.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

What? Woman in a wet dress, cut out too soon :o Here is the Irish soda bread.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Just had a WhatsApp video call from my son, so far everything is going ok job and house wise, we will be living nextdoor to each other, he's looking at the local toy shops tomorrow as he will need some new guns....... :D

The soda bread looks good OS... 8)
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good stuff, sounds like things are working out.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

It looks like I got my old job back as Spambot Zapper, I managed to get new members someway that they can sign on and at the same time opened the forum to spammers. :roll:
It takes time to sort out spammers from gun guys and girls and more time to Zap 'em.. :twisted:

More good news on the home up north ..... :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Great news GK! I'm really glad to hear that. Family is everything. That will be a much better situation for you for sure.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

All going well my son starts a new job in April with a house on the sporting estate and I have the choice of two houses on the estate that I can rent at a lot less than I'm paying now, my son has known the owner of the estate for some time.

Where's old Sixgun got to ? we are in danger of becoming too civilized without regular PA redneck input... :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm truly happy for you my friend. That will be just great.

I was just going to ask that same thing. Been MIA for a few days now.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Headed for the lot this morning to take a little walk. Figured I'd check and see if I had any trees down in my trails. None! Couldn't believe it.
Looks like the deer are moving around again. Had a big hawk glide by, and saw a couple ducks in the beaver pond. In places the snow is still making it hard to get around. I even saw a couple "tree huggers" (see pics).
I picked a nice spot and stopped and "boiled up". Had some tea and a granola bar. Nice day.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Nice pics, been to New England skiing but never Maine in the winter. Saw hawks and ducks here today 72°.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I notice there’s not much in the way of big timber……from the logging days?……still snow I see….we are getting normal here…last week I had shorts and T shirt on………maybe I read all of these posts wrong…GK hanging in NZ.?….GK….move away from those snobbies…same reason people are flooding out of blue states…….

I’ve been crazy busy with projects….these 3 month winters had me so cooped up and I’m glad they are over so when the weather broke a couple of weeks ago I’ve been outside…..

Of course, fun never goes away…We were watching “Cops” last night and the cops got this guy on a DUI…..I told mom, “don’t he look like Fred? 🤪…..so I take a few pics and look at the captioned words on the last one…….I didn’t notice it until after the pic was taken…..….except the real Fred probably has more teeth……I “think” the program was in Vegas but it could’ve been Maine or upstate Pa…
Or for that matter, about 20 miles southwest of here….

What’s with the guy dressed up like a woman? That IS a guy ain’t it?

I swear, this guy looks like Old Savage….but with less teeth.

[
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

One of the nice things about being retired is being able to take your time doing whatever you want to do…….this is the base for the new resin shed………5 FIVE DAYS just for the base……one day to think about it, one day to get 2,000 pounds of stone, one day to make a box out of 4x4’s, another day to get another 4,000 pounds of stone…(modified)…..and another day to tamp the stone…..have about 1,000 pounds left over.

[
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Great photos Jay I cannot think of a better way to spend time (without a female of course) than walking the woods with a Winchester... :mrgreen:
Why tea and not cowboy coffee? I nearly always brew up tea when out in the sticks but I thought you guys preferred throwing it off the dock.. :wink:

Welcome back Sixgun and also with some interesting photos but I'm not sure that heavy labor counts as an excuse not to post on the Politically Incorrect thread .... :lol:

I know Old Savage has a lot less trouble pulling dames than that old toothless doppelganger ever had........ :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Welcome back! You have been busy. That looks really good. Way more fancy than my "pallet foundation".
At one time, these areas were old farms and fields that grew over. And logging too. None has been done here for some time, however. There are some real big hemlock and fir though. Jeep looks good!

Thanks GK! Yeah I like tea also. Back in the day, we brewed a lot of loose tea cowboy style in an old agate coffee pot. Canada has the good stuff, so we get it there by the brick. Today was just a tea bag. It's easier when "on the trail". I like Twinnings English breakfast about the best.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Lots of action but I still say Jay needs a 32-20 or a 25-20 for woods bumming………woods bumming used to be my favorite pastime when bored…….sometimes I’ll pretend to be woods bumming out back with the 14 trees that are there……..takes me 34 seconds to walk through.

Good ole GK can woodsbum in NZ and never see the same area twice…..but he’d probably prefer a pub. Sure can’t blame him.

Funny thing…last night after dinner I ate an egg salad sandwich before I went to bed and as soon as I got up up I passed a 15 seconder……..yep, smelled like egg salad

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Six, I ain't going to NZ I posted ages ago my son has come back and is now in Northumberland UK..all being well I will be moving up there too...
I used to like wood bumming with a .22 so I could blaze away at pine cones if the Squirrels weren't co-operating.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've just never been into the "dash twenties". I have one relic 1873 in 32-20 but that's the only one. I've loaded and shot 32-20 for others on a few occasions though.
I just usually use a .357, 30 carbine, or something else. Even 38-40 or 44 magnum with lighter loads.
I actually thought of taking a .22 rifle to plink around with, but then I'd need to carry a handgun (I never carry just a .22), and I knew it would be tough walking in places. Packing a six shooter would make it harder. Years ago, it wouldn't have phased me, but I'm starting to age out if that stuff.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea….funny thing……me too, as in “never just a .22”. Kind of makes you feel under gunned.

That’s good that GK isn’t moving because I heard N.Z. doesn’t have internet service, plus, they banned all AR’s which are still legal in the UK….but only the full auto versions are legal.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Have my thoughts on this but I will wait.

Clouds here.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Moving the New Jersey a few miles down the river to the Philly shipyard for a paint job……..I should have gone to see it.
IMG_1588.jpeg
IMG_1589.jpeg

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Freddy the Fox is HOT!!!…….the crow ate his dinner and he toad me dat he gonna bust a cap on da crows head……

I hate the bedrooms and the screens….the lens focuses on the screen…..I toad momma dat I’s gonna git rid of da screen and she toad me dat a cap will be busted on ma head if dat happen.
IMG_1601.jpeg

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

WTH?
So, I took the dogs out last night at 10:30. I came in and went to bed. I got up this morning and shuffle out to get a coffee, look out the window, and......WTH? There's like 6 or 8 inches of snow in the dooryard.
Well, I was blindsided. They said we were going to get a little but I that was tomorrow and maybe an inch. It's been a really mild winter so I didn't see it coming.
Oh well. Fired up the blower again.....
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh, so here's an addendum......
I'm sitting here finally having my coffee and I look at the weather.
They're saying an inch more tomorrow, 8 to 12 inches Saturday, and another 5 to 8 Saturday night.

Welcome to Maine!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Welcome to Maine..... :? I had just started to watch "The Killing of Jacob Marr" a slasher type horror movie set in snowy Maine when I read your post...... :shock:

Sorry you've got more snow to shift we haven't had any this winter other than one little flurry that came to nothing.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've never heard of that movie. I'll have to check it out.
There's another called Blood and Money, with Tom Berringer. It's set here in the Allagash during deer season. Not too bad. Tom's got a Python, so there's that. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Watching a “slasher movie”? Just take a drive to Philly and you can see it in real time. You’ll even get a triple bonus and see a shooting movie, a carjacking/robbery movie, and a prostitution documentary all in one day.

“Snow in the Dooryard” sounds like a horror movie to me. It took me until the last few years to understand why old people move south. We have had wicked wind for the last couple of weeks.

I’m going to Home Depot and just walk the aisles to blow some money…..last time I went I noticed American Flags (not the cheapies) are up to $45 for a 4 x 6.

You guys see the illegals in NY mocking our system on how easy it is to be a squatter and live off other peoples sweat? I’d like to see them try that S here at the compound……they would have a “birdcage” jammed straight down their throat with 3 pounds of pressure on a little piece of metal that weighs 2 pounds.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wind is bad here too! Blowing friggen snow around all day. Winter finally came the end of March.

Yeah. It's a horror movie everywhere now.

I haven't been in Home Depot in a while. The closest one is about 20 miles away. I like to go look around o ce in a while though. Tools mostly.

Both front struts blew in my mother's Grand Cherokee. It's a 2018 and only has 40k miles on it. Of course, the roads here don't help. They all look like they were under a mortar barage for a month. Really bad.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

My wife and I got back from our trip yesterday. We had gone to Oklahoma City to visit our daughter, her husband and their 2 1/2 year old daughter for a few days and then drove down to the Ft Worth area to visit our son, his wife and their new baby girl. I hate being away from home so it's wonderful to sleep in my own bed, pee in my own toilet again. We drove about 1350 miles over a week and the drive from Amarillo back to the Albuquerque area is the same old fight with the 18 wheelers jockeying for position in the passing lane. So glad to be back.....
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Glad to hear that you had a good trip Walt and yes there's nothing like your own bed... :) It seems to be the way now that families spread out so far parents require a private jet to just to see them regularly..... :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad you got home safe Walt. Its no fun fighting traffic.We are going to visit our son and his family in Kodiak, Alaska the end of April. They couldn't be any farther away and still be in the US. Needless to say, we ain't driving. It's always great to see them, the grandkids, and Kodiak, but it's a grueling trip.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Walt is back in town!…..Sounds like a successful trip……..yep, there’s nothing like your own bed…….

Still cold here…40…..3” of rain coming tomorrow……..—-006

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Mid 50s here and fairly sunny for a change.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey GK!…..

Watched a few videos on the “Battle of Britain”…..never knew those Spitfires were so ferocious……even the P51 wasn’t a whole lot until they got their Rolls Royce engines……..all most like comparing a Rossi to a Westley Richard’s….

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes that Rolls Royce engine was quite something at the time.. :)
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice pics in the Skinner post buddy. I love that Merwin. Good stuff.

The biggest advantage the P-51 had over the Spitfire was RANGE. Far and away. I think there was a ceiling advantage too, but I'm not 100% on that.
The other thing is that everyone hears "Spitfire" and pictures a different version. A P51 and early war Spitfire really can't be compared. This plane didn't even resemble itself from the start of the war to the end.
In many ways, it was the same with the bf109.
There is no denying that the Supermarine Spitfire is an absolutely beautiful machine. In flight it just exudes grace and class. More than the sum of its parts.
The US planes perform, no doubt. The F4U, the P47, and the P51 are all bad azz planes. But that's exactly what they look like. All business. A different kind of beauty. I see the same thing in the 109. In flight, it just looks like a predator.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Jay….I hear ya….l may be and am probably wrong….as I can’t talk “expertise” between the flying machines like I can Winchesters @ Colts but it sure seems like Japan, Germany, and England had it right from the git go and the U.S, had to learn. Yea, the foreign machines all had their weaknesses but from what I read and saw the P47 had the best combination of all attributes…….kind of like why my Winchesters can outshoot any Rossi ever made….and I’m not laughing.—-00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes! I went out and cleaned the driveway last night. This morning there must be another foot in it. Don't know what we got all told, but it must be around 2 feet. WTF?

The Germans and the Japanese's biggest advantage going into the war was they already had been flying combat in Spain and China. This gave their pilots experience and their military time to refine planes and tactics. We and the Brits didn't have that.
The European fighters didn't factor in enough range. While they didn't need range per se, it still translated into time over target. This hurt the 109 in the Battle of Britain.
And yes, the P47 was a fantastic plane. It amazes me how such a huge and heavy fighter could be that effective. However, it was mainly ground attack and bomber escort, and at that stage of the war, Air supremacy was already established. The P51 was a better dogfights, but the P47 would take more abuse and was more reliable with the P&W R2800.
The other plane worth mentioning that I didn't earlier is the F6F Hellcat. It had a great record in the Pacific. I have often wondered how the Corsair and F6 would have performed in the ETO. I think the Corsair would have excelled. It was the longest serving prop fighter we had.
The P38 deserves mentioning also. It required different tactics, but was an excellent plane, just like the Mosquito in RAF hands was.
I'm on a FB page for pics of Maine back in the day.
Someone posted this pic of an F4U that belly landed in a farm field down by Brunswick naval air station back in September of 44. If you notice it has RAF markings. The RAF had a training squadron here. The RAF used Corsairs too, picked them up here and flew them home after training. They say there are 2 more on the bottom of Sebago lake.