Finally got a Flat Band

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Finally got a Flat Band

Post by JBowen »

Went to a gun show today and found a decent deal on a Winchester 94 Flat Band. It is probably better than average shape, but it has been used. It has what I believe is a period correct Redfield series 70 EH receiver sight with the hunter knobs. The sling swivels could be period correct too, but I don’t know. It is chambered in 30 wcf and the bore is nice and shiny.
This gun accomplishes 2 goals for me. I needed , eeeer, wanted a flat band for my 94 collection and now a I have a Winchester firearm from every decade from 1880-1890 to
2000-2010.
IMG_0468.jpeg
IMG_0467.jpeg
IMG_0466.jpeg
IMG_0465.jpeg
IMG_0465.jpeg
IMG_0464.jpeg
What is your thoughts on the Redfield sight and the sling swivels? Are they period correct? How much value do they deduct from the flat band 94?

JBowen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Finally got a Flat Band

Post by Pat C »

I believe those are Judd's sling swivels I have a set somewhere. 50's,60's maybe not 100% Screw holes added for side peep. Still a nice old as found deer rifle from the day.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Very nice looking 94!

For me having that old Redfield on the 94 would increase the value & i dont have a problem
putting a sling on the swivels, the Redfield is maybe 50s? not sure but i do have a few of them

Brad
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

ollogger wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:53 pm Very nice looking 94!

For me having that old Redfield on the 94 would increase the value & i dont have a problem
putting a sling on the swivels, the Redfield is maybe 50s? not sure but i do have a few of them

Brad

+1 and congrats! My flat band came with the Redfield 2x barrel mounted scope/base rig that came out in '63.
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I thought the add-ons were from the late 40's to 50's.
We have a few nice sunny days coming up and I have a range trip planned to see if she is a shooter.

JBowen