Wildfire

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JDL
Levergunner 2.0

Wildfire

Post by JDL »

Any update on the Texas wildfire and how it started?
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Wildfire

Post by Bill in Oregon »

The big one, the Smokehouse Creek Fire was still at 1,076,638 and 15 percent contained, with cause under investigation per the Texas A&M Forest Service this morning.
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

The NBC Evening News said this afternoon that an Xcel Energy Electric pole is believed to have broke and the electric wires
started it, but was still under investigation.

JBowen
JDL
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JDL »

JBowen wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:32 pm The NBC Evening News said this afternoon that an Xcel Energy Electric pole is believed to have broke and the electric wires

JBowen
I find that very interesting as it's so similar to the story line they used about Maui. Hmmm....I was trained that if it walked like a duck, sounded like a duck, and swam like a duck.....it just might be a duck. Better put my tinfoil hat back on. :) God Bless y'all.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

JDL wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:14 pm
JBowen wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:32 pm The NBC Evening News said this afternoon that an Xcel Energy Electric pole is believed to have broke and the electric wires

JBowen
I find that very interesting as it's so similar to the story line they used about Maui. Hmmm....I was trained that if it walked like a duck, sounded like a duck, and swam like a duck.....it just might be a duck. Better put my tinfoil hat back on. :) God Bless y'all.
YEP
It is not the critic who counts
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Saw that as well. A fire victim has already fired the first lawsuit against EXCEL. This is what started the deadly fire that destroyed Paradise, California.
Ultimately it will be the ratepayers on the hook.