The real Super Bowl winner

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

The real Super Bowl winner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

In my view, the big winner last night was hegetsus.com. I couldn't believe what I was seeing as the foot-washing ad unfolded. I am totally impressed with this outfit and its aims. I had never even heard of them, and I hope the investment made in buying that time repays the organization many times over. May the Light shine on every human heart!

https://hegetsus.com/en
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Re: The real Super Bowl winner

Post by Drawdown »

Yes it sure was good to see this message on there! I've been seeing commercials of theirs for several months now on few other stations.
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I don't agree. What it showed was Christians wasing the feet of people who in general denounce the Christian Faith. Lets not forget that Jesus was washing the feet of his deciples. He was not out washing the feet of people who denounce him. He was not out saying that is okay to live in such sins as depicted in the commericial.

Of course we as Christians should not hate anyone. We are called upon to love everyone but also share the gospel so that other's may enjoy the promise land one day.

This video white washes Christianity. It says hey......if you're gay, if you're an addict, if you're someone who denounces the faith its okay. It's saying we will be accepting of you even though you are not accepting of us.

Maybe I am not getting my point across in the best way.

Jesus does love everyone. We should love everyone and treat everyone good. That is a given. I just feel the hegetsus people are dumbing down the faith instead of spreading the real word. We as Christians should not judege people but rather love people. The bible is clear on many things though and some people today want to normalize perverse behavior to make it fit today's times.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

You forget that Jesus washed the feet of Judas and treated him just like He treated the rest of the disciples. He knew Judas was a lying thief who was stealing money that was dedicated to the work Jesus was doing. Yet He washed the feet of Judas with the same love and compassion that He washed the rest of the guy's feet.

The biggest problem with religion is treating those who are considered "in" differently than those who are considered "out." Jesus didn't do that. He treated the hookers and the drunks and the tax people the same way He treated everyone else and they loved Him and followed Him. The religious fought Him and complained because He didn't do things the way they felt He should. But He loved them! Even while they were murdering Him He prayed for them saying "Forgive them Father. They don't know what they are doing."

That's still true. Most of the time we don't know what we are doing or how we are treating Jesus today.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Who watches the super bowl? I gave up on all nfl games when they started the kneeing nonsense.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I think the real winners might be those who didn’t have time to watch the game.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

JimT wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:56 am
The biggest problem with religion is treating those who are considered "in" differently than those who are considered "out." Jesus didn't do that. He treated the hookers and the drunks and the tax people the same way He treated everyone else and they loved Him and followed Him. The religious fought Him and complained because He didn't do things the way they felt He should. But He loved them!
I think the biggest problem is the same today as it was in Jesus’ time and which may have been recently (and perhaps not in a religious context) repeated by Elon Musk.

Religious people care about looking good while doing evil.

I have washed feet. It was a humbling experience and I think it’s good to do things to humble yourself. But I don’t know that it’s right to do it on camera to show the world on an expensive commercial.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I had a super bowl of chili that my son-in-law made!
That's the closest I have ever come.
:lol:
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Interesting how divided the opinions are about this commercial. I think the washing is an act of both love and humility and I don't care whose feet are involved.
I posted a similar thread on the Texas Hunting Forum and most of the responses were incredibly negative, to the tune that this was phony woke liberal Left faux Christianity and blasphemous and disgusting. Wow.
I have been learning a lot about God's love from a deeply appreciated friend. I don't think that God as I understand him would be at all offended, appreciating the motivation.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Over the years I've learned that I get just as much enjoyment by watching thr 1st 10 minutes & last 5, maybe more as I don't have suffer thru the drivel spewed by the so-called experts(?)!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

I saw these messages on commercials beginning?IDK, several months back. And I must admit, sitting here thinking like me usually does, I felt negative about it, why? I first thought they was depicting the Jesus the way the world wants to except him, and that's in many ways! Not the Jesus of the Bible, the authority!
But upon recent research, their message is to present the Jesus of the Bible, The Way, The Truth, and The Life-Light!
When we judge Christianity by the People-Chritians, well we'll always find something wrong in it, me included for sure! But, that's Bible also. Like Paul himself said, "in me lives no good thing"! For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God! And after Belief, Acknowledgement, and full Faith in our Saviour Jesus Christ, from that point on, we're still in this earthly body, of a sinful nature, taken on at birth!
But the true believer, who walks in faith in his Saviour, has "The Righteousness of God thru Faith" its freely by grace imputed to him. by the atonement of Jesus! Rom 5:1-12, Rom 10:1-17.
If the basis of the commercial, and I have no doubt now it is, is to present the Jesus of the Bible, then it is of God, based upon His Word, The Bible!
Jesus turned away no one, who was seeking him, and just like then, Lotta people don't know even the first thing of God's Salvation through Jesus Christ!
Just as Paul went into Atens, on Mars Hill, Acts 17, and he saw the statue "The Unknown God ", he used this, something they could understand, to show that God through Jesus, even those ignorant of him, could turn and believe in the True God!
This commercial is speaking to millions, and trying to relay a simple message to a lot of unknowing people, in this same way!
So as long as it's The Jesus of the Bible, it's profitable! God said His Word would not return until Him Void! Isa 55:11

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

Just read this from my evening devotional, by Charles Spurgeon from the 1800's, said to be "The Prince of Preachers"!
All I can say, Amen!!!
20240213_180112.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Very nice devotional Drawdown. Thank you.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Drawdown wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:24 pm Just read this from my evening devotional, by Charles Spurgeon from the 1800's, said to be "The Prince of Preachers"!
All I can say, Amen!!!20240213_180112.jpg
Amen guys, thanks.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV3AnTUPiDY

Remember, while loving the sinner, we are still called to HATE THE SIN (and certainly not enable more of it)...
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

What?! Superbowl? When was that?

I'm with you, Jim. Since I don't own a TV, I couldn't have watched it. I don't feel like I missed a thing.