toying with the AR .22 WMR

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

toying with the AR .22 WMR

Post by Grizz »

Anyone doing this? I am thinking of getting a 10.5 inch 22 wmr upper for a pistol that I can mount a scope on at a price I can afford. Next month...
If that comes together I might find a reason to need a silencer, and wonder what the best option for that would be, dollar wise as well as performance. I see silenced 22 WMRs online and they are impressive.
anyone gone thru this with tales to tell?

thanks for looking
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: toying with the AR .22 WMR

Post by GunnyMack »

No but I saw an upper for the 5.7x28 that uses the 50 round magazine from the PS90. Got a bit more oomph from the 5.7. Although it's a carbine length, not sure if they make a pistol upper- no it wouldn't work as the magazine is quite long.
Nevermind :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

The can is a good idea. 22 WMR's are some of the loudest guns I own and I have no idea why that is.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

No, but it makes much more sense than 22LR, since 22WMR is .224! On the other hand, why not just download 223 to 22WMR velocities and change the buffer/spring to accommodate the change in pressures?
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

10.5 inch upper.png
1894cfan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:44 pm No, but it makes much more sense than 22LR, since 22WMR is .224! On the other hand, why not just download 223 to 22WMR velocities and change the buffer/spring to accommodate the change in pressures?
THAT'S A GOOD IDEA . . . I was thinking about just using the 556 pistol, but it's scaling way up from the wmr --- I can carry 500 rounds in a cargo pocket, and not have to hand load. I can see it both ways but it's gonna take a long time to shoot thru the wmr with the derringer. :lol:

this started as looking for a single shot pistol, and they cost more than the AR, so nothing is off the table. checking it out.
thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Another alternative is looking into the KaliKey.com. Turns an AR into a straight pull bolt action. I've got both the original and the LoPro. Like the LoPro LOTS better since the charging handle is lots smaller. HTH
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

1894cfan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:09 am Another alternative is looking into the KaliKey.com. Turns an AR into a straight pull bolt action. I've got both the original and the LoPro. Like the LoPro LOTS better since the charging handle is lots smaller. HTH
thank you, I'll check it out.