Looking for one missing item and you find the other one you've been looking for

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Looking for one missing item and you find the other one you've been looking for

Post by 2ndovc »

Looking for a magazine for a .22 that I have no idea where I put it and finally found the 10mm cylinder for my Blackhawk that's been missing for months!
I was starting to think I was going to have to send it back to Ruger for a replacement when I found it yesterday. Had my whole closet emptied out and pulled out a backpack I haven't used in a while. Don't even remember taking that one to the cabin, but there it was in a pocket on the top of the bag! :shock:

I've liked the 10mm for years, but they have started to multiply.

I'm sure I'll find the missing magazine when I go looking for something else. :?

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ysabel Kid

Re: Looking for one missing item and you find the other one you've been looking for

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I hate it when I misplace anything. Drives me absolutely bonkers. Happy that you found the 10mm cylinder, Jason. I hope you find the .22 magazine soon!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Looking for one missing item and you find the other one you've been looking for

Post by Grizz »

we discovered that the quickest way to find something that's missing is to buy its replacement. works every time it seems . :lol:
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Much rather find a cylinder than a magazine. That magazine will be alot cheaper to replace.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Turdyturdy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Turdyturdy »

Lost the 32-20 cylinder to my 32 Ruger Buckeye a few years ago. Never found it so I called Ruger to get it replaced and was told that gun had been so long out of production they would not even consider making a replacement cylinder. Guess I will just have to keep shooting 32 H&R.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

My old man lost a magazine that he "hid" in the house, never did find it, years later I had to clean out his house, I never found it either....Wherever he hid it, it's still there...
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

2ndovc wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:01 pm Looking for a magazine for a .22 that I have no idea where I put it...
The easy answer is -- you'll always find it in the last place you look!

The hard answer is -- how many other places will you have to look in first?

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Darryl, "Look in the last place first" -- didn't one of the characters from the Hundred Acre Wood say that?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Grizz wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:36 pm we discovered that the quickest way to find something that's missing is to buy its replacement. works every time it seems . :lol:
That's how it works for me! :roll:
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:44 am
Grizz wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:36 pm we discovered that the quickest way to find something that's missing is to buy its replacement. works every time it seems . :lol:
That's how it works for me! :roll:
Same here. That's why I'd been putting it off. As far as that Rem. magazine goes, they've been discontinued and a replacement will cost twice what it should, unless I can find one at a show. Then I'll find the original. :o

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Earlier in the month, I was looking for some Lyman decapping pins I just knew I had. While looking, I moved a pile of stuff and saw a plastic bag??? Picked it up and it was a bag of new 22-250 brass :o . Did find the decapping pins. But only after I went to the LGS the next day and had them order me some.