Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

And no use for AR15 now.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

California roast beef sandwich :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey…..you deleted my post! Wasn’t nothing bad other than saying you claimed page 241 by being sneaky………then you post a sandwich 🥪 with a large thick slice of bread and a mouthful of meat.

That’s funny……I remember Woody at work……..a bro but a cool bro……..would come in the lunchroom (no lie) and heat up a pork chop and slap in between 2 slices of week old bread. The pork chop was around 6” in diameter. The center (meat) was at best the size of a silver dollar with the rest fat……he’d put it in his mouth and spit out the bone then chew the bone until it was the size of a thumbnail…….

Woody would stop over here for a trunkload of horse poop for his garden……yep, he lined his trunk with plastic from work and we’d load em up with the bumper dragging…….all smiles…

But……..Woody drove a Cadillac…..he retired at 68, lived 4 years and dropped dead on his front lawn instantly…..not too bad for the way he treated his body……

See Fred….this is how the other half lives…….we are not uppity. I hear California is planning a whole new city out in the desert…faaarrrr away from any other established civilization…... For real….its on the Fox News website……….they are getting away from the crime they made…….

18 degrees, little wind……———00
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

So now they're going to ruin the desert too?
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I did not delete your post but let me say that anytime I have seen someone not behind the scenes make up a scenario they they think went on behind the scenes they have been wrong, very humorous - ask GK.

I will see if I can find out about that ;-).

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Checked the moderator logs. Nobody deleted anything in the last few days.

😏 I can check with Jay Bird.

There was a bro at US Pipe that ate chicken wing sandwiches.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ya know Fred, it was most likely my fault…I have a habit of hitting the “preview” to proof read it and then something else calls for my attention and I forget to hit “submit” button. Thank you anyway Mr Colt.

Lordy Lordy it’s cold….16 at the moment……The news said we broke a record in the Philly area by going 715 days with no measurable snow. Maybe Al Gore is right,,,who gives a F as we will all be dead by then and a cleansing of Generation Z might be a good thing.

Have not bought a gun in a couple of years when most of my life Id buy a half dozen a month…….one time I came through the door 3 times with a total of 14 guns and none of them were junk…….which brings me to a new subject………Many years ago I handled a few Manhatten revolvers which were like a Colt except they had double the cylinder notches….one for locking while shooting and the other for safety………I think I’m gonna hunt one down for a play session.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have a bad memory of a Manhattan revolver, Westley Richards had one for sale along with Colts and Remington cap n ball revolvers the boss had brought back from the States, this was before Manhattan revolvers were really collectable and was priced at only £60.00 and I had had my eye on it, while I was working down the in showroom some children came in which was very unusual but the girl who worked in the showroom said it was ok for them to look around, I noticed one little kid tuck his hand up his sleeve while looking at some miniature but very expensive firearms, long story short I caught the kids outside and searched them and recovered a miniature pistol worth about £250.00 my reward was £5.00 off the price of the Manhattan, feeling a bit P'd off I told Westley Richards to stuff it, in later years the price of Manhatten revolvers skyrocketed and I can't look at one now without regrets. At the time £60.00 was more than three weeks wages for me.
Manhattan-Navy-.36-Calibre-Percussion-Revolver-uk-antique-for-sale-x1882a_1024x1024@2x.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Never even heard of a Manhatten. My 732 H&R has an odd little quirk. Can’t open the cylinder unless the hammer is at the first notch.

My little glitch with posting is hitting Done then not Submit. Works a bit different on different forums. And on the phone here there are different options than the computer and my wife’s IPad is different again. And we don’t want to get into auto spell 🫠

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That sucks about the Manhattan GK. I've never seen one. There's really very few original cap and ball revolvers here. Few SAAs for that matter. I don't think there were a lot of handguns here back in the old days. I think they were a luxury not many old justify.

My glitch is proofreading AFTER I hit submit. And sometimes not even then.
I do everything from my phone, and I'm not very good at typing on phone keyboards.

Headed to camp this morning. We did a recon yesterday. Don't think I'm going to get in with the truck. Gonna have to take the sled, but that's ok. Give me a chance to run it. Gonna get a fire going and clean everything off. I haven't been up since the last few times it's snowed.
It's 4 degrees this morning.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ugggg…Foe degrees…….it got down to foe-teen last night……and den it gots to about 26 now……….

Back in ‘98 when the BIG auction came and people from all over the country came to it there were several Manhattens….one was cased with all accessories and fully engraved. I appraised that one person owner who was dead in 1960 and his family held on to it for 40 years. It was around 400 guns. I wished I could have bought them all…..mostly Winchesters, Colt SAA, D.A 1878’s, Philadelphia Derringers, a s.load of engraved and presentation Colt c&B from the Civil War, 2 LaMats. One of the 3rd model Dragoons was English made, full engraved, boxed with all……I had money for one good gun and I chose a Winchester 1886 carbine,,,rare gun in 45-70…..

Me and Tommy talk all the time about that auction saying we should have mortgaged our houses for more of it. The auctioneer was so happy with my appraisal he gave me a $500 bonus. We argued several times before the auction especially on rare guns like the LaMat and a pair of NEW 1876 Winchester muskets…..but they brought what I said they would.

Jay…you type on a phone? I hate those as it takes me an hour to write a message on mom’s phone. I hit 3 letters at once….get one of those “pencils”……

I just dropped off a Lincoln log so long it could have been the main bean on Lincoln’s cabin.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:09 pm And no use for AR15 now.
You will when your the only white guy left in the LA region when the new city is built…..🤣

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:47 am
Old Savage wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:09 pm And no use for AR15 now.
You will when your the only white guy left in the LA region when the new city is built…..🤣

Now that's funny right there.
You gotta give it to Six. That's funny.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well it's winter in Brighton! Holy smokes!
It was 6 degrees in the camp when we got here. After shoved so we could get in. There's a tractor under the blue tarp. It took an hour to dig it out. She started right up though. I'd read thise tractors were excellent cold weather starters, and that's what I wanted.
We let it run for an hour while we got some coffee on. Had some soup and then I have to take the sled and make some trails. Then clean off and around the sheds. Beautiful day here. Got my 4.75 SAA along.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nice pics dude…..for real, wish I was there…..especially after seeing the Wild Turkey on the countertop…..

My favorite pastime of all pastimes is woodsloafing in the snow with a 32-20 taking potshots …..knots on trees, rocks, etc.

It’s confirmed by the township, even though most of our residents knew it……we have coyotes…….peoples cats are missing and some guys security camera 🎥 showed a coyote…..killing his dog by gripping his neck and swinging it around…..

Diesels are known to be slow starters in cold weather, probably due to the compression……in cold weather say below 30….my Kubota will start but usually run on 3 cylinders for 10-15 seconds and then the 4th cylinder will kick in……..

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A real Winter Wonderland you've got up there Jay.... :mrgreen:
it must be five or six years since I had any Wild Turkey I will have to change that :?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks boys! Wish you were here too. Could use some help shoveling. :D
Haha naw......just hackin on ya.
Beautiful day. Got the tractor covered back over. Having a last bit of coffee then probably head out. I got a bunch more pictures I'll post later.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

All back home.
Here's a few more from a little snow cleanup.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I see your back dragging’……….do you have a float on it?…..I’m sure you do…..on deep snow I’ll set the bucket horizontal and take out everything except about 4” and after that’s out of the way, I’ll backdrag with the float.

After running hydraulics for 44 years I can make an area, whether it’s dirt, stone or snow and make it look like it was laser beamed.

That reminded me of seeing original documentary’s from Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa where the GI’s would bulldoze those slant eyed Japs into big ditches…..wonder how much good stuff got buried with them…..my brother was telling me AK’s were all over the place and no one wanted them but out of the entire Army there were guys like me and you who would be sending them home in pieces……he also said lots of US made guns like Thomason’s, grease guns and even some BAR’s were around but you usually had to pay the guy who had it…Thompsons and M-14’s were high on the list…..

Picture this Jay….you and me are in battle and we see a new AK laying on the ground and we start fighting over it despite the bullets flying around….like in Saving P.R. where the guy risks his life to get a Luger.🤪

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Nice-looking place, Jay! And I like your little tractor.

Thanks for the pictures.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That shed you have is about the size I need along with the wide front doors for the Mo Jack 750…….I just don’t see a need to spend 15-20 c’s for one…..what’s your opinion on cheap metal sheds? I figure about 5 for a decent one that’s 8x8 and I’ll be dead before it starts to rust.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Walt…he sure does have a gold mine there. If it was mine I’d be enticed to build a small house there and live in it.

I had to run a few errands today and by the time I got home I was fit to be tied…..first it was 2 Lessie’s at the bank just a jawing away with the teller……then at Home Depot I pick the line where a guys card doesn’t work so managers had to be called to the register. Then at Pet Smart, some ritzy liberal woman jaws away with the cashier…….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks Walt! We have fun messing around up there. It's only 17 miles from home, but we have 200 acres to play on.

Hey Six,
That was Band of Brothers. Hoobler wanted the Luger. When he got one he ended up killing himself with it by shooting his femoral artery while it was in his pocket in Bastogne.

Anyway...I DO have a small house there! :D
I did do some back dragging. I had to be careful as the tractor was scratching for traction just driving in the snow. Had to use the locker when pushing snow. There was a crust about halfway down, so I'd drive over it first, then plow it up working backwards a bit at a time.

The shed is 8x8 and my middle kids 4 wheeler is in there. He bought the shed. I think he paid 800 for it. It's fairly rugged, cause that sucker had some weight on it in snow and ice.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Band of bro’s…what’s the difference……I really enjoyed both of them…even the movie in Okinawa where they climb that rope ladder and the tough guy shoots the slant eye with the BAR and saves Doses life……Every time someone has a BAR in their hands I get excited. I watch those movies with a helmet on and bring up the BAR, the Garand, and the Smith Carona……..and after the movie is over I shoot a few rounds out the door.

People who actually served never do that stuff….I'm a wannabe.

Does the JD have 4 wheel drive?…….yes it does 6……ok Jay, then buy a set of chains for it……..awe 6, those things are expensive……..well Jay, there’s only one time around the Merry Go Round and you can well afford the few hundred dollars they cost………I dunno 6 as I’ve been saving up to buy the whole set of “Keeping Up With The Kardashions”………😝

Yes,I know, even with 4 w.d. it’s relatively easy to get stuck. Last summer I had the big Kubota buried up to the axles. Didn’t have the loader on so my neighbor drove in his backyard out to where I was (not the dooryard) and pulled me out with his Tahoe.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

IMG_1400.png

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

About 5 below this morning. All my sled trails up to camp should be set up enough for good walking this morning. The wife could probably wear her spiked heels.😁

Yeah, I was saying that yesterday. Be nice to have a set of skidder-type cleat chains. But when you're poor.....
Yes, it has a float. I used it backdragging yesterday. I would also plow with the bucket up about a foot for the 1st pass most times. I couldn't take the whole depth and go more than a few feet. While hard to plow, it would be perfect snowshoeing. About a foot of nice powder on a thick crust with another foot and a half underneath.
I wish I could have stayed over and done some loafing.

A guy I worked with for years was an armorer in Vietnam. They had one of those tractor trailer machine shops with everything they needed. He told me he saw some wicked stuff. When they found weapons caches, they would chopper them in in thise big cargo nets under a Chinook. He said he would spend a week cutting them all up with torches. Made him sick. Lot if it was brand new. Mostly type 56 Chinese AKs, but a lot of WW2 stuff too.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Snowing pretty good here……..m a y b e. I’ll get some clothes on and fire up da Kubota.

Period correct Remington box but with Winchester lubaloy ammo along with a round of IMI Industries in the cylinder. Newer Smith Chiefs Spl with wrong grips.
Meantime in Shawshank……..
IMG_1403.png
IMG_1405.png

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Weird!
I e got an old flat latch Chef's special with newer wrong grips. It's mostly Kristy's gun. It sits on her nightstand.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, it’s good to see your out of bed and I assumed you know I watched Shawshank again…..😇

That’s what happens when you get old and frail…..same movies, sitting in the house, whacking old Peter…..I beat him like he owed me money then a half hour later I beat him again as a reminder not to be late again on the payments…..🤥

We did have all all day snow thingy today…got another 6” on top on the 4” we already had……..for the last several decades, after the first decent snowfall I’d break out the 1889 Marlin and fire off a dozen or so rounds at the 142 yard steel plate….dont know why but I think it’s because it was the first 38-40 I ever had and with a mint bore it’ll do 2” at 100…..love that gun…it’s a solid 90% er. even after 3500 rounds.

Weather and cold drives me crazy and the only thing that keeps me going is knowing that I’ll be cutting grass in 8 weeks.

Ole Yeller is braving the elements

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well I just got to work. So I'm crawling through my river of zhit now. :D
I can voice for this 1889s. I have a 2/3 mag rifle in 38-40 with a mint bore. That sucker shoots like no tomorrow.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I have a Chief Special made in 1953, a square butt model 37 and a model 642. The 642 never shot well so just for grins I tried to put a range rod down the barrel. It stopped solidly under the frame, about half an inch from the breech face. I know that on large bore Rugers and Smiths and probably others, some barrels were over tightened and got compressed at the threads. Sizing bullets way down, then entering the larger bore past the threads cannot be good for accuracy.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

My wife has a no lock 442 that looks like it's been run over. It has a set of Barami hip grips and has been carried and shot a lot. It shoots pretty good, but not as good as the old flat latch chiefs.
My oldest son has a square butt 37 and my youngest has a no lock 442.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

My square butt 37 shoots pretty well. Back when I shot a lot, I could get 4 shots out of ten on a 15" gong at 100 yards offhand. A few times I did better, sometimes worse.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I don't think I've tried and of the snubbies at 100. If I do, it'll probably be my Detective Special. It shoots really well.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Nice gun, Jay....beautiful! Thanks for the pic!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you Walt. Funny thing is, that Colt was new in the box till a year ago. I'd had it for 20 years and just left it in the box. The trigger and action is incredible. One day last year I just said "screw it" and took it out an put a 100 rounds through it. Great gun. I shouldn't have waited to long.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Halllllooooo!
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can here me.....

Everybody ok? Did our thread finally die? :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

No! You cannibal! Let’s start over…..Oh. hi Jay. I hope everything is well with you and the family. It sure is cold today so I’m going to pack up all of our blankets, even the ones on the bed and take them down to the homeless shelter.

Back to regular me….In two days the bedbug and disease infected blankets would be sold for a hit of crack. The giftees would somehow track me down and demand more blankets. Man, I’m 69 and have seen it all…you rich guys have been sheltered.

It’s cold…20…..going down to 10 tonight. I’m ready to be institutionalized……so cold outside with the wind blowing 30 and is expected to go to 50-60 mph gust leads to cabin fever……now I know why when I was drinking, I’d drink more in the wintertime than the summer.

Anybody out there????? Man! I was listening to that music before you were born…..when I was about 14 I had this new-at-the-time stereo in my bedroom and I was playing that Pink Floyd album. The song, “Careful with that axe Eugene” came on and my mother came bursting in the room and wanted to know what kind of music I was listening to. 🤪

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

This has been in my back pocket since they first came out…early nineties……like Walt’s, this is a 100 meter 10” gong shooter…off the bench…

Real snubbies ….except the 642 and the Colt DS……. And……..the Elmer Keith “Slip gun”….and……the 6 of-a-kind fixed sight 629 Tunnel Rat..

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Hey, cool guns, Six! Very unique 629 and that slip gun is a spectacular prize. I've never owned one of the family of Colt Detective Specials. And I've never owned a nickel plated gun either. What's up with the painted 642?

I do have a 2" model 64 (6 shot) which is a cool gun.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! Is that the DS that your daughter had? Did you finally get it back?

The other morning when it was 5 below, I was at the gas station fueling the truck, and the guy working there said it was 40 below way up on the border at hid mom's. Don't know if it was true, but that's cold.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Walt wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:08 pm . What's up with the painted 642?

I do have a 2" model 64 (6 shot) which is a cool gun.
Thanks Walt………they are really nothing to me as I’ve had them for decades…..

Right after I got the gun I ordered a can of OD greed from Midway, striped the gun of everything except the barrel which I covered…..spray painted it and baked it in the oven…..so that’s about 25 years of everyday carry so it held up pretty well. The reason? One is I just like it and the other is for defense against liars…..”oh yea officer, he pulled a gun on me”……..officer…..”well, can you describe the gun?” …..whiner…oh yes officer Jones, “it was black or possibly “shiney”…………..Well, let em describe that.

That’s the one Jay…….bought it new in 1975…..$153

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'll give you all your money back. Plus $20 for inflation. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Great photos of snow and revolvers, something that's missing here, I might get some snow but unless revolvers fall out of the sky I ain't likely get my hands on any.. :(

Raining here again temperatures in the low 40s .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Pay me inflation and $100…..Feb. ‘75….has the box and papers….theres an inflation calculator online…$153….====?..

Other than dat….well, I’m going to see how GK is…..Beam me over Scotty.

Something tells me that me and GK would make great drinking partners……

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I know I couldn't out shoot you and I doubt I could out drink you but it sure would be great fun trying......... while it lasted of course :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GK,
Near anyone can outdrink me……I totally 100% quit drinking at age 40 but dabbled in it again when I was in my late fifties and a bit in my mid sixties and again not so long ago…the last time it only took a 12 pack of weak 4% flavored seltzer water to destroy my body for a week…tired, bad mood, etc……

Now, if I could only drink say, about two sixteen pounders I’d be fine……a good buzz, laughable, still coherent, but once I start I either can’t stop or don’t want to stop. I don’t get all blitzed like some people do but I’m sure I get legally drunk. From what I read old people can’t process alcohol like they used to.

Besides, I’m f ‘ed up enough sober….but this cold temps and isolation in the house is hard……I still go outside and play but mom won’t get in a vehicle if there’s one flake of snow on the road so I stay here and rot.

But for fun let me explain some funny stuff…next post….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh Six! That doesn't seem fair........to me. :D

Yup. Ole GK is the best.

An American hillbilly in London?

Hey Six, we should chip in on a drone and we'll fly that Colt DS over to him. Obviously, I'd send mine, but yours is nickel, so it'd be better in the damp climate. And, you only have 153 bucks in yours. I have like 400 in mine. That's why I'm poor. I always overpay.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

When it comes to drinking, I'm an odd duck. Well.....I'm odd without the drinking, but anyway.
Other than my 3 workdays, it's odd if I go through a day without a beer.
Depending on what I have for supper, I have a beer with it, but only certain things. For some meals, no way.
If I sit downstairs watching movies in the evening, I may have 3 over the course of several hours. In the winter, maybe a Whiskey or 2.
When I was young, we used to make a sport of it. I'd see people puke and get sick and say, "if I did that, I wouldn't drink". I never got sick. Then, when I was about 25, it was like snapping a switch. If I drank too much, I got sick the next day, and it ruined the whole day.
Done. No more.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK, on to fun and games…..you know those shows on TV that portray real life instances like “I thought I could get away with it” or “Evil lives here” or “American monsters”? Then the show will recreate certain scenes…..

Well, the other night me and mom were watching “Almost got away with it” where a “bro” was caught robbing a bank and shooting someone and he was arrested……..the producers of the show interview him from jail where he tells his side of the story.

During a recreation of his incarnation he is walking in the prison where people congregate and he hears a familiar voice and he walks up to this other older bro. He say’s, “Hi dad, I thought I heard a familiar voice”. 🤪

The bro escapes from prison with 7 other guys….supposedly the biggest prison in New Mexico history….as usual the bros split up with the one guy (who is the focus of the show) and another are living on the run……they are spotted by cops who give chase……….the 2 bros run on a pig farm and jump in the pig area where it’s all mud, water, and pig poop…….they cover themselves with this “mud” and the cops walk right past them. The bro being interviewed said he stayed in that spot for 4 hours and then he slowly looks over at his buddy, and sees his buddy is sleeping! Yea, in that pig s. Mud and water…sleeping!

Then while on the run again the cops have this guy cornered in a building and the bro changes his clothes to look like a woman….wig, dress, boobs, and spiked heels!….he walks away and the cops don’t question him…..

They eventually get caught.

Jay…I wish I could do that…3 an evening…that’s fine. I used to have that much for breakfast.