Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

No, I can see it buddy. I don't think it's pessimistic at all. 8 say it all the time when someone calls me pessimistic.
"I'm not pessimistic, I'm a realist."

These days, the words truth and pessimistic are easily confused.

Won't work? I'd think he would be hopeful and shut up. If it don't work, they can't "kill" him again by law, unless I'm mistaken.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

On opening on a bright note….YOU WIN and it’s the magical number of 240. I’ve been waiting what, 4 years? We never go to a hundred on the other threads but with Uncle Joe Stalin gone, we made it to 240….and you won!

Whadda want? How about a case of Bush’s Beans? They only put 239 beans in each can. Whew! It’s over and it’s really going to be over for you after you eat those beans.

On a serious note, I too, am a realist…….in Maine, your still OK and will be……here, its getting bluer everyday…..for the first 20 years of living here blue votes never got out of the single digit and the county seat, Media, you had to be a registered Republican to get a job in the courthouse.

Rain storm again! All of these warnings coming over the TV and the phone……major flooding and wind damage forecasted.

Hittin it bro…..can’t handle the 2-3 a.m.’s anymore….
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. I'd say 240 ain't bad. That's a lot of talk about all kinds of stuff. Most of it don't matter or amount to much, but some of it did. :D
I used to think we'd be ok up here, but I'm really doubtful now. Bunch of commies running it to pander to all the flatlanders that moved into Portland and the coast. The vast majority of the state is still pretty far right, but they got the numbers down south. Won't be long.....
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Viewpoint, really want to be a realist? Sooner or later you will find out your viewpoint doesn’t matter so take any one you like. Switch off if you like and keep them guessing because theirs doesn’t matter either. ;-)

Now on to a question for Six. I have a Super Blackhawk looks like 67 manufacture. It has a plum colored grip frame. What can you tell me about that?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

“Plum colored” grip frame”: ….I know their loading gates from early flattops will turn plum,….going out of my head….maybe it’s because it’s steel as opposed to aluminum grip frames that were black anodized. Steel grip frames would be blued and if the gun was not handled much it would naturally turn the color you see. I got it in my books but I’m too lazy to go down there right now…remind me later in the day.

Keep who guessing Fred? I don’t talk to anyone other than you guys except for the rare phone call I MAY pick up or business oriented. Yea, you’re right in what you said though.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OS, I found this on the Ruger Forum.

The phenomenon we note in blued Rugers known as "plum" coloration has been the subject of considerable discussion over the years. This is usually explained as being the result of certain elements in the investment-cast steel Ruger uses for certain parts reacting with the bluing bath. We know that Ruger offered to re-blue guns in the early days if the customer wished, but did not guarantee any different results than seen on the original finish. Whether you like this deviant color is pretty much a personal thing, with some liking it almost as a "variation" and others disliking it as a manufacturing failure.

The matter came up on RugerForum dot net, and IOWEGAN addressed it from his position as a gunsmith with considerable experience in re-bluing Rugers as well as other guns with similar "problems". With his permission, I offer up his commentary for our edification and information . . .

"There are six reasons for guns to turn "plum". First is the temperature of the bluing salts, which must be maintained at exactly 292 deg F. If the temperature is lower, bluing won't take properly. If the temperature is just a few degrees too high, parts will turn plum. Second is the concentration of the salts. Because water boils off, the salts tend to get too concentrated so bluing tanks must be equipped with a water replenishment system to keep the salts to water ratio at 10:1 (10 parts water for one part salts by weight). If the mixture gets too concentrated, parts will turn plum. Next is "time in the tank". If parts are left in the bluing tank too long, they will turn plum (1/2 hour is normal). Bluing salts do "wear out" so they must be replaced fairly often. When salts start aging, gun parts turn plum. Last is the alloy. Some alloys require special additives to the bluing salts or the parts will turn plum no matter how well you maintain the tanks. In most cases, parts will turn plum right out of the bluing tank. When alloys are the cause, it may take several years for the plum color to show up. I can't fault Ruger for alloy issues during the first few years of production but after that, there's no excuse. Several years ago, it was common to see a brand new Ruger SA with plum parts ... so the alloy was not their only problem. I think Ruger was "guilty" of several of the above issues but they are doing much better now (same alloys).
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Thanks for the info, GK....personally, I like the plum color.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes that plumb color doesn't bother me either I have had a couple of guns that had it.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I like the plum. I also have a Heritage Rough Rider that has a plum frame. It is actually a Pietta and in the coveted 45 LC caliber as stamped on the barrel. I have a stainless Taurus in the same caliber.

Six, your words are read world wide but talking to a range of people in different backgrounds I do not feel compelled to any one viewpoint. Keep in mind I am a professional interrogator looking for specific medical/legal information required by law in records. Takes various approaches to keep people on track and focused. Then there are the golf internet sites and the chiropractic ones with the docs and the golf course itself and the gunshop often with overlap. Oh and family, cops firemen. Everybody has their own take on things.

In single actions I like to have different iterations. I also have an Iver Johnson that is really a Uberti. These guns have been marked variously 45 Colt, .45 and .45 LC with staunch advocates/defenders in each category.

Oh the golf guys, now there is a quagmire, 65 angels dancing on the head of a pin.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes my close compadre….YOU are a man of science and prefer an absolute definitive answer based on science……but I, a man of the redneck breed only concern myself with LOOT……I like LOOT, because with LOOT, you don’t give a f. what color the gun is, only how much money you can get for it.

Pennies and nickels won’t get you far, but $100 loots keep your feet on the ground.😜

I had a long night, being house bound with this nasty weather does not give a person a reason to get the heart rate up and therefore, less need to sleep.

Good ole GK came up with a scientific answer….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Look at ole GK! Quite the over achiever rounding up info!

Well another before work cleanup. I HATE when we get weather on the weekends. All told, I have about a 15hr day when I'm working. The LAST thing I want to do is add in a dooryard cleanup to that.
Oh well. That's the price of living in paradise i guess.

I really don't care that much about money either. I know I should, but I don't. The way I see it the last few decades, money is a rigged game too. Matter of fact, pretty soon they are going to take it off the table all together. The ultimate control.
I concentrate more on if I'm generally happy. Same for the guns. While I don't want to OVERPAY, I'm not that concerned about how much I'm going to make on it. Chances are it's nothing. It's more about if I like it, and am happy with owning and using it. The ONLY exception is sentimental value.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

All of the shooting I’ve done along with the tools, moulds, etc never cost me anything…I’d wheel and deal guns and use the profit for the game……..I’ve been told by mom, “why don’t you just work overtime”?……..well, I know the old crab and when she saw those big paychecks coming in she’d find a way to spend it……….guns are cash and carry at gun shows (mostly) so no one, including the IRS knows the profit…..

Big paychecks mostly go to the politicians to be spent on liberal agendas……

33 degrees, windy……..got the wood stove smokin’ away…….belly full of Italian sausage……….ate a half can of Bush’s beans and the fermentation should be ready about 10 a.m. so tomorrow when I need to go to the barn, I’ll just stand in the landing and let loose and the pressure will carry me the 30 yards I need to go….effortlessly……..——-006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Overtime is a waste of your life. No way its worth it. May have been long ago, but not now.
My buddy figured it out last night (this is the kinda stuff he does), the state spends 27 million dollars a month on food stamps. He saw an article that said the state has come out after that storm a couple weeks ago and gave all those food stamp people extra. And, if their power was out for 4 hours, they get a bunch more for their "loss".
Of course, if you were at work for 12 hours while your power was out, and lost 2 freezers of food and had you pipes burst......well.....your just SOL.

This right here is an example of why the commies have won. And will continue to.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes…..”Reliance on government” directed at lazy people who feel no shame by being bums is their aim…….you and I have had the best of it…….our kids will struggle later on and I worry for our grandchildren.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Me too buddy.
I figure in the case of my grandkids, while they may not Excell "playing the game", when the gloves come off, they will be a force to be reckoned with. Especially against today's pansy kids. Those 3 in Alaska are some tough monkeys.

My kid got the oldest (5) a complete working model of a V8 engine for Christmas. You put it together and can see how everything works in relation to everything else. It even has belts. They went out in the garage and he worked on it till he had it all together and understood how it worked. Now that's some useful information. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Talk about high end guns … yowser! Here it, is the H&R 732. It says 32 S&W but it is actually chambered for the much more powerful 32 S&W Long. Wiped it all down with RIG. This one was made in 1981.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OS, I would feel mighty well armed with that H&R over here in the old country, it would sure beat a sharp stick.

Still dry and temps in the 30s nothing doing here not even any wildlife to look at from the window.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Supposed to be 62 today wind in the 30s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Used to see a lot of those H&Rs around here. Almost all were in .22 however. They are really fairly serviceable revolvers. A lot of the ones I've handled had less than stellar triggers, but they were way better in construction and materials than today's inexpensive handguns.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Probably like this 650 I am thinking.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yup!
Used to see a lot if the High Standards too.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Lots of action going on……..Jay……your kids are usually a reflection of their parents…….yep….you got some toughun’s up in Maine……..here in Pa. the girls beat up the boys……….

That’s a nice utilitarian revolver you have there Freddy…..I had one of those for about 3 hours…..well, I did shoot it but when I put it in the safe and closed the door all of the Colts, Smiths, and Rugers started fighting citing segregation was demanded……

Low 30’s…expected to drop to 20 tonight.

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Why did you even put it into the safe?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've never had any of those revolvers. I DO have one of the old Iver Johnson top breaks in .32......funny story.
My mom's uncle lived down in Portland. He drove a deuce and a half in the ETO during the war. He's the o e we got the old 240 John Deere from. Anyway, he was rich compared to us so ot was always neat to go down and visit. One time he called my dad and said an old lady he mowed and plowed for gave him a shoe box with an old revolver in it. He figured where we were into guns he'd give it to us. My mind went wild picturing a cavalry Colt or Frontier Six Shooter in minty shape. We were going to score for sure! It seemed like an eternity before we got down there. Then I finally made it and opened the box.....
And there was the IJ with the rotted bore and pitted chambers.
Story of my life. :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh! I almost forgot!
I also have a High Standard Sentinel. I've never fired it, but it's in new condition. It was in with a mess of guns that got dropped off at my dad's when my uncle died.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Walt wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:20 pm Why did you even put it into the safe?
That’s it! Walt, you passed the gold standard! Well done! I too, have a limit on what goes in the safe and if the gun is worth less than $50 it will not be in the company of fine Winchesters and Colts.

Never could figure out High Standard…..they made some of the finest semi auto .22 pistols ever made but their revolvers are clunky…well made and durable….but clunky.

But for Fred, there’s another reason and that’s the laws.

My
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

My place wasn't child proof when we HAD children. There were loaded guns everywhere, but the kids could handle and understood guns at a very young age.
The only time we policed up the hardware was when other people's kids were around. Most were pathetically uncapable and immature.
That ain't how we rolled here.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Doctor Six, I have a High Standard Supermatic Trophy and it's a fine, very accurate .22lr. The trigger is among the best, better than the 2 Ruger .22 autos I have, both of which I added Volquartsen and Tandemcross trigger parts to. They're a whole lot better than original but not as good as the High Standard. The only negative thing I can think of is that the High Standard can't be dry fired without an empty in the chamber because the firing pin will dent the barrel face.

I was never attracted to their revolvers (or shotguns) either.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I have exactly one High Standard auto. The first one. This old worn Model B belonged to my grandfather. It was a gift from my grandmother, and gramps constant companion. Gramp was a Maine game warden in the Allagash prior to and during WW2.
The old HS has accounted for more game, up to and including piles of deer, than I will ever shoot. During the war, the only ammo you could find and afford was .22.
Gramp carried a 64 Winchester 30wcf, and a 6" Colt Army Special. 38 also. He shot most everything with the HS, and was an incredible shot.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Some great pictures there.

Here is a 357 Western Marshall and a Bowie from Sheffield, England.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you OS. I have a ton. Some I'd posted a few years ago in the thread on my grandfather.
https://levergunscommunity.org/viewtopic.php?t=70403

Haven't seen one of those Western Marshall's in years. Nice knife too!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred,…That’s a nice Western Marshal. The polish on the bluing looks like it was done by 6 drunken Pollacks in varying degrees of drunkenness. 🤣. Were they made in Germany? (the guns as the Pollacks were made in Poland)

Yea….I like those High Standards…only had one and it was a Model A…new in the original box from I think 1940….so I sold it…….

At an auction one time was a Model S….its a smooth bore to which like 10 were made…….i near had it for a grand when some idiot in the crowd hollered that it was a NFA gun……and couldn’t be sold.

I’ve seen tons of them, even the expensive target models like Walt has……..just never caught on with me. Did have a 1952 Colt Woodsman that was also new in the box and I shot that one……..forgot how many Rugers I had…absolutely terrible triggers.Only one left is a stainless Competition Target model with the slab sided barrel.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I bet Gramps was good with that H.S…….guys in those days bought 1 (or a similar small number) handgun and used it everyday……we jump around too much these days…….its really neat to see pictures from back in the day with the gun….

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Really great photos and story Jay, I love that knife too.. :mrgreen: I often wish that I had a .22 pistol when I was gamekeeping it would have been useful but alas our stupid gun laws ment I could only legally use it for target shooting at a police approved club. I did later buy a .22 revolver but never got real good with it.

Frosty morning but blue sky with a few clouds,
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks guys. Gramp was was also ambidextrous and could shoot with either hand. Gun or bow. He took third in the state one year with a bow.
After gramp passed, we were up to Canada Falls lake one time fishing. Dad, me, and Uncle Gilley (Gilley is on the far left in the pic with gramp shooting the HS). We rouned a point and Gilley starts chuckling. I asked what it was about. He said they rounded this same point one day with a canoe. Gramp was in the bow, and Gilley said he spotted a kingfisher in a pine on the shore. He told gramp he bet he couldn't hit it with the HS, but by the time he got it out of his mouth, the kingfisher took off. He said gramp drew that pistol slick as you please and shot that kingfisher out if the air.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Six, one of my Rugers is like yours, a MKIV Competition model with the flat sided barrel. Yep, the triggers are terrible. Volquartsen sells a trigger kit that includes a part that allows the gun to be fired without the magazine inserted and also a trigger which has take-up and overtravel adjustment screws. That kit makes it into a very shootable gun.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Walt……yes, the over travel is terrible…..the pull isn’t bad after around 15K rounds….but I haven’t shot it in 5 years or so…..think I’m gonna box it up and drop it off at the auction house.

I see Jays gramps used a longbow…..a real “man’s bow”……

In the pic with the guys there sure is a pile of firewood…..in those days, guys would stay upstate in the cabin for at least a week, sometimes two…….by the time I got in the game it was “Friday——Wednesday” ……..now, nobody goes upstate anymore…….

We had the first snow in two years that amounted to more than flurries….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Snowing like mad here.

I really dislike those Ruger .22 autos. Then again, I'm weird with. 22 pistols.
Full disclosure, I do have a Ruger .22 auto. It's a 22/45 Lite. I pulled the stupid loaded chamber indicator (aka: malfunction inducer) and installed a Tandem Cross block off. I also removed the mag safety and helped out the trigger. I also did the "slingshot mod" so the bolt can be dropped without doing 6 things at once.
I bought to replace my Smith and Wesson 422 (an awesome. 22 pistol). I hated to, but my kid wanted the 422. Sad part is it's still here. Anyway....I detest a heavy .22 pistol, so it really narrows the playing field. The Ruger isn't too bad, and it shoots ok, but I like the 422 better.
I'm probably the only one in the world, but I don't like the Single Six either. Too heavy for what it is, and the new models have crappy triggers. I much prefer any of the Colt SA .22s. Way better guns IMO.
And it ain't a brand thing, cause I dont like the Colt Woodsmans either. Way overrated IMO. My dad loves them, and when he got one he felt he'd really achieved something in his life. Only thing it ever did for me was lodge a piece of brass in my cheek. My dad was beside me and fired it. The extractor slipped over the rim, fed another round, and when it angled up the feed ramp and hit the spent case, the bolt detonated it out of battery.
Good times.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, if you clean the chamber once in a while and keep an eye on the extractor as to cleanliness and a sharp edge along with buying ammo that’s not $1.99 for 50,000 rounds those things don’t happen. 🤪 OK, the b.b. is over with….🤥

On to the Uzi…..the ones from Israel are the only ones worth fooling’ with..the Model A and the Model B……everyone wants the Model A and is by far the most collectable and you know why? The Model A can fire out of battery and can be made full auto easily……and that’s exactly what happened to me on my Model A….i was ripping off 30 rounders when something happened and all that gas flew in my face. I found the case…split in half.

Just came in from shoveling the walkway…….everything is ice………talk about “crunchy snow”, you can hear it a mile away.

22 degrees and falling…….cabin fever…….think I’ll fire up the big Kubota and drive around the yard.

Two of these are NIB with one that’s not far off despite having around 4K out of it…..had 4 but gave my son one which I regret…..the manual says to clean certain parts every 5,000 rounds…….those Jews know how to make a gun….after all look what they have to deal with as to the sand N.’s..——006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Still snowing here. All fluff and puff, just as it should be.

Haha yeah, well that's on my old man. I haven't cleaned his guns since I moved out.
I've never had or fired an Uzi. Im not much if a subgun guy. However, if I were going to jump through the hoops to get a full auto, I'd get a submachine gun. I view any legal full auto as nothing more than a range toy, so a submachine gun is the cheapest to shoot, easiest to maintain, and has a longer lifespan. The Uzi is a fantastic design though. I also wouldn't mind an MP40 or an PPS43. Oh! And also the Sterling and Swedish K.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The MP40 is a rat-a-tat gun…..chugs along like an m3 g.g……

The best machine gun for practicality is the m16….you buy the gun and after your 12 month wait replace the complete upper and beat the replacement upper to hell while saving the original upper for its value.

It in all common sense, it’s easier to just have semi auto use. Full auto gets boring fast and sets up huge red flags…….told you before I could have had many different ones on the semi cheap as long as I promised to sell it back to the same class 3 dealer when I decided I had enough of it…….not worth the price or the aggravation….

As I get old I’m happy with Joe Bidens suggestion……double barrel shotgun.🤪

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. I agree 100%. I've had many chances also. No interest at all. No way its worth the cost and hassle.
Even as a combat tool, full auto is way overrated. The only effective use of it is in a belt fed machine gun.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

How about this 249 SAW? (Belongs to a buddy of mine)……but I got to shoot it….belt fed with metal links.
IMG_5525.jpeg

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Now THAT is cool! That'd be a good time.

Man! I was out blowing snow till midnight last night. Still have some to do this morning. At least it's light and fluffy.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The only sub machine gun I have fired was a SA61 Scorpion, it caused a minor S storm in the village,, folks wanted to know what was happening in the woods.. :lol:
skorpiongun1504a.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

See? Even in England, you've done more than me. I've never shot any full auto.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My local toy shop owner has authorisation to buy prohibited weapons mainly for deactivation, he asked me if he could try a few guns out at my place, I had a ball untill the landlord informed me the villagers were panicking thinking war had broken out... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. It don't raise a lot if eyebrows here cause people have them. I just haven't had the opportunity.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

75 M16s on the line all going full auto on a signal with all tracers at night, quite a light show. ;-)

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

No use for M16 since the military.