Interesting on EDC belts

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Interesting on EDC belts

Post by AJMD429 »

I don't know how many folks here wind up wearing a belt professionally as part of their job, but I suspect quite a few of us as civilians lined up toting some gear and trying to organize it.

https://youtu.be/m3bnXgYQkyw?si=j0tqSDtyVGVMT5Zq

Certainly many of us would have are CCW/EDC, plus potentially a multi-tool and perhaps extra magazine, something to hold a phone (or two), and we all probably should have at least a tourniquet if not some other first aid gear. That all adds up.

It seems like a good idea if everything is on a person's belt that they might need for basic problem solving. I find that an untucked shirt or sweater is sufficient to be discreet enough to not distract or disturb other people, although I'm sure anyone street-wise would be able to tell I have more than a middle-aged belly under the sweater.

Curious as to what solutions others have wound up with...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Re: Interesting on EDC belts

Post by jkbrea »

I just carry a firearm, knife, and cellphone in my pocket. If I'm carrying my 7 shot S&W 3", then I'll sometimes throw a speedloader in my pocket. If I'm carrying my Sig Xmacro, I don't usually carry a spare. It holds 17×1 which is the same number of rounds I carried on duty with a revolver when I started.
I will admit the tourniquet is a good idea. I need to learn how to use it. The old Army method and even L.E. when I was in is outdated. Dang..I'm old!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I like the money belt feature on some of the modern edc belts
----- Doug
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I try to carry as little as possible, not more than I need. So I go the opposite and don't really even care for any belt to hold extra stuff. If I'm out hunting or fishing, I often carry a small backpack for anything beyond my handgun, as it's easy to shed when I stop, and beyond my gun nothing I need readily accessible.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Does my tool belt count? Some days it feels like a 100lb rucksack!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!