Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

ollogger wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:53 pm Six,
hey just shot a bunch of rounds out of a Taurus m44 it has a ported 4 in. bbl.shoots sweet & it dont hurt, bought it cheep, so if it dont last im out 200 bucks, dont worry i didnt trade the 25-35 for it :lol:
Howdy Brad….$200? Not bad….you can beat the hell out of it and not worry……..

that last stuff I posted was on CBD oil…this is HHC….similar but with an atom added…or something like that……I had a post written on it in the general discussion but because no one comes over here, why should I go over there. 🤪 Then there will be whiners who say I’m talking illegal stuff so I deleted it……..as they claim, no one eavesdrop on this post…

I tell ya Brad, you get one hell of a buzz out of this. I’m surprised it’s even legal………you and Boots could sit on the porch and in an hour or so, you won’t even know your name…..

Tell Boots I said “hi”.—-006

You could try having it shipped…laws have changed a lot in the last few years….or just follow the crowd of wyoming plates.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I won!

Brad,
Here’s the link..they claim they will ship.—

https://mysticlabsd8.com/hhc/

ImageT]

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Thanks for the reply Six, will pass on that stuff, in 1971 a dump truck pulled out in front of me & i hit him doing bout 50 mph on a motor cycle, spent a month in the hospital, they got me put back together pretty well
but made a morphine adict out of me, getting off that stuff was worse than the wreck.
so after that i wanted nothing more to do with strong pain meds, had bikes after that but the last one was
20 years ago, kind of like cutting logs for 23 years, after awhile you loose your nerve & quit or get killed

Brad
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hear ya Brad…..I’ve always been a fan of “self medicating”. (Easy stuff like weed or beer.) The way I see it, if it makes you feel better, why not? This stuff is natural home grown and will surely help you with the kinks from the bike wreck……in ‘78 I drove a new Trans Am into a 200 year birch tree……head on…

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! What's going on in here?!
I'm sure we can get that stuff here. This state is crazy with the loose pot laws. Used to be vacant and closed down businesses everywhere. Now they are all pot shops. I swear you can't drive a mile without passing one.
Whodathunkit?

I never was into it, even when I was a kid. Probably just as well, cause I drank my share of beer.
And Probably 2 or 3 other people's too.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That’s just what this country needs…businesses that serve no meaningful purpose. I bought this HHC is a “wellness store”. Most all of the stuff there was vitimans, etc.

I guess I was a 50/50 guy…weed and beer. Now it’s nothing. This stuff here is for medicinal purposes much like a bottle of Wild Turkey is to an old guy…..but better, much better…alcohol will eats your brain cells up and cause all sorts of trouble with your cardiovascular system and digestive tract….weed, even in its raw form will never hurt you. I can’t think of any other meds that have less side affects.

One day you’ll be an old guy and I’ll be gone except you will remember, “yea, everything hurts, remember ole 6 told me about these natural cures.”…..,….and off you go, into a 3 wheeled car that’s electric to the vitiman shop. 😝

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. You mean it's gonna hurt worse than it does now?
Hardest thing I have to do is put my socks on. Ain't cause I'm fat either. Just stiff.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Here in NM the established pot stores are sueing the state to limit the numberof licenses for prospective pot stores because their profits are thinning.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Them there HHC gummy bears are available over here but you don't get many for your money, I ain't got too many mobility problems but I'll sure remember Six's advice when I do... 8) I never messed with anything but alcohol and nicotine back in the day and glad I did then as I couldn't afford to mess with either now... :lol:

I had to do a bit of backcountry driving today and our continually wet roads get real interesting when the temperature drops below freezing.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea….well 6?……..nuttin’…….back to bed?…mmmmm mom wants to go to Costco……….had a coffee so I’m buzzin’ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Zzzzzzzzzzz and it’s “Flight of the Bumblebee” ……..

Yea, it’s a no news day ….

DONT FORGET, THIS IS OUR LAST PAGE……….PAGE 239…………..Do you know why THIS IS OUR LAST PAGE?

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

No
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Me neither... :?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well gentlemen, I’ll tell you why page 239 is the last. It the EXACT same reason why food manufacturers only put 239 beans in a can of baked beans….one more bean or page would make it too f.arty. (240)

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well I sure fell for that one... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh man! Did the coffee do that?

Well, I finished cleaning up the snow. Nice light stuff as it's been cold.
Now Tuesday night......that's another story. Supposed to get dumped on, which is no problem. But, then it's gonna do the "new normal" and warm up and rain 2 inches with high wind. Marvelous.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What coffee?

Yea…we are supposed to get in the vicinity of 3-4” of rain. Ground is already saturated…….gonna be another one of those Springs where about a 1/3 of an acre can only be barely walked on and I have to cut it with a push mower.

Hey Walt…or Jay……..that big trimmer Walt posted the other day…are they self propelled? That would be the ticket for the swampy areas caused by too much stupid rain…….a self propelled lawn mower would last about 2 seconds but that big trimmer has fat tires…...I have no idea why I think the rain is “stupid”…….brain cells die

Edit…..never mind, I went back and looked at the picture and the wheels are skinny……….I used to do it with a p. mower and plow right through the mud…..49 years here on Feb.1……..HALF a century in the same house, some of the same guns, vehicle, lawn tractor, garden hose, wife, dogs, cats, chickens, horses and the only thing that’s appreciated in value are the early Winchesters…… (I lied about the garden hose and chickens as they can’t live that long)

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! Now there's a project idea!
Get some lawn tractor (I'm sure you can get get a 2yo John Deere for free beside the road down there), put some wheel spacers on it, and mount some 4 wheeler tires on it. Then you could mow thise wet spots. The mower would be light on thise big tires by spreading the weight out. Plus you'd have way better traction from thise tires.
Kinda like those hillbilly Mud Mowers up here, but with the deck still on it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jayster…….that is a great idea…….I toads you about the guy down da street…with the junk yard of lawnmowers…..I KNOW he probably has 20 of the 2-300 tractors that would fit the bill……but the tires would probably be $200 a piece and by the time I’m done with painting and a new engine I might as well buy one of the self propelled Dr Power jobs….man! they got all kind of S. They advertise in the American Rifleman.

I gots plenty of play loot now with more coming this month…..but I ain’t gonna pee it away….

One year about 4 years ago I used the big Kubota and just ran through it and I caused more work than what I saved and that’s why I’m gonna use a push mower or possible one of those trimmers….

I’m gonna go look on Dr. Powers website and see what day have.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Simple, take the door apart, my office in the upper left.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

F.human trash…probably will sell it for a hit of crack. Let em try that at my house or Jays house…

Trimmer…self propelled…on sale…1300
IMG_1338.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Equipment for concrete work. So, have to sell it to some construction outfit I would think.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, that's true Six. If you had the stuff it would be cool though. Around here there is a lot of junk like 4 wheeler tires on marketplace for cheap. I've no doubt you'll hillbilly engineer a solution.
If the Russians would have got Werner VonBraun after the war, we could have got a few old hicks to get us to the moon. And, it would have been a lot cheaper. :D

That sucks OS!
Six is right. This is one of the safest states in the country, but I had a German Shepherd and a Colt Detective Special with me while I was cleaning up the snow yesterday. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes Jayster…our security and personal protection comes from ourselves……you never know when an attack is being planned…..couple of days ago me and mom had to go to the bank and she waits for me…then gives me hell for carrying a gun into the bank…….”I told her, “NOBODY will herd me into the vault along with a shot to the back of the head.

Well, so much f rain I stayed in bed ‘till 1……pouring all day…pond is flooded and I have little rivers out front. So much open space around me yet I feel like I’m confined in a jail cell……this is why rich people like OS head to dryer climated areas. I guess I could go to Maine and live in Jays cabin but I’d stink up the place so bad Jay would have to burn all of the fabrics.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. A "gas leak".

It was 6 degrees this morning. So naturally, I headed to the range. Oddly enough, nobody was there. I had to thaw the lock as it was froze. Once I got it open, I left it in the truck so I could get it locked back up.
Hard to believe that after today, and 6-8 inches of snow tonight, it's going to warm up to 45 degrees and rain with high winds tomorrow. I guess it's the "new normal".
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

It's supposed to snow again here in sunny NM on Thursday with a low of 7°. It's sunny and windy here now but was down to 13° this morning. Yep, that's global warming for you.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ain’t that somethin’!, I always looked at New Mexico as hot and dry and only snow in the highest of elevations…..7 degrees? Walt, are you high in the mountains? It gets that way here maybe once a winter….45 now with the wind probably 25 sustained and according to the news, 50 mph gusts….

Never been to the Southwest…….Moab, UT. was the farthest west I ever was……mom here, on the other hand has been a world traveler….shes now residing for the last 49 years about 200 yards from where she grew up on the farm…….sometimes she goes in the back yard and possibly to her Jeep once in a while………..everyday, all day she sits in her fancy chair (I call it the Command Center.) with two phones of a different number yapping with one sister or another even though her sisters houses are only a few hundred yards from here….

I need some mental stimulation so I’m gonna get dressed and feed the semi feral cats…….bought 60 pounds of Costco cat food yesterday….3 bags @ $25…..for cats that won’t even get near me………..our house cats get Fancy Feast. The 2 dogs eat one roasted chicken a day between them…….both Shih Tzu’s at 14 lbs a piece…. I get whatever leftovers the animals leave behind.

Well, this is it! I’m headed outdoors….if I’m not back in a half hour, send a rowboat.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

This is funny, but predictable….Walmart has announced they are eliminating the self checkouts in this area. I don’t go there anyway as the closest one is about 10 miles away…..Why bother when the darkies come in and just walk out and no one stops em….my sis, a former cashier at Acme supermarket said they would fill their carts and just walk past like they owned the place and employees were instructed NOT to attempt to stop them, nor to call the police…..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Walmart is the only store we have. I try and avoid it as much as possible. There's no darkies, but it's pretty scary. If the parking lot is full of cars, there's about 6 teeth in the store.
It's the damnedest thing.....it's the last Walmart to the Canadian border on the western side of the state, but there's nothing in it. They've widened all the aisles out to make it look like there is stuff there, but there ain't. It has to service several towns too. The Walmart on Kodiak Island has easily twice as much in it.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ruidoso last week, more snow since.

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Dr Six, Albuquerque is at a mile high, just like Colorado Springs. We live on the other side of the mountain that's just east of town at just under 7000' elevation. The mountain is 10,300. I-40 runs east and west through NM and there were several road closures due to snow and icy conditions, accidents both at the TX and the AZ borders in the past few days. I-25 which passes through town and heads past Denver is even worse. They close the interstate at the NM/CO border frequently each winter.

Walmart is doing the same thing here. The one I go to for oil and filters already eliminated the self-checkouts and they have private security guards inside and out.

Six, I hate to bore you with pictures but here are a couple. One of them was taken from the balcony outside the kitchen. You can see one set of mountains in the near distance and another snow-capped set about 100 miles away, just to the right of the tree branches.
The other picture was taken at around 9000' elevation on the mountain between town and us. My wife and I do a lot of hiking on the mountain in the summer and the picture was taken early in the morning approaching a fossil bed. The fossils are seabed invertebrates and fish that show that the mountain was at one time under water and changes in the earth's crust pushed a portion of it up above even its present elevation.

There are numerous mountain ranges around NM and most have streams, lush forests and vegetation. For most people passing through NM, it appears to be dry, monotonous landscape and I'll happily keep it that way cuz I don't want them to stay.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Boring??……more like invigorating! I can see, you’re out there, like way out there……I bet you have quiet nights and a sky with a million stars…..unlike the polluted east….

yes, I agree…the less people around you the better. Funny how what’s been implanted into one’s brain tends to stay there until you see different……..I’ve been home bound for 69 years relying on National Geographic magazines for anything more than a couple of hundred miles away……I’ve been out to Colorado a mess of times, Florida, and the northeast one time. I find that the only difference is the geography, people are pretty much the same…….sooner stay home here at the compound…

I take it you must have all of the normal animals like elk, b.bear, etc. Do most people out your way have their teeth? Big market for them up in Maine……(that’s just the way we talk on this thread.)…….——-00

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

We live in a community but the houses are spread apart a bit. The roads are all paved but there are probably fewer than a dozen cars that pass by on the nearby street each day.

No, there are lots of teeth here.

NM is at the southern end of the Rockies. I looked it up on Google; we have 37 mountain peaks that are at least 10,000' in elevation.

OS just posted a picture taken in Ruidoso NM. That's one of the premier ski locations in the southwest. There are 9 ski resorts in the state.

I have a couple of game cameras set up in my driveway. Lots of deer, coyotes, foxes, skunks, raccoons and several bears wander up and down the driveway.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Walt….nothing is better than desired solitude and having it. Making the proper choices when young in order to have a comfortable lifestyle in retirement is as important. At the head of the list is your health………

……can you shoot where your at or is it an annoyance to the neighbors? At one time from ‘72 to around 1990 I could shoot as much as I wanted then the yuppies bought farmland, built 5,000 sq ft houses on postage stamp sized lots and now they think they are “rural experts”.

At the first flurries they are running off to buy $1,000 worth of groceries….nobody knows what a clothesline is, and they all have $80,000 SUV’s and think they can drive on ice.

Never did like carousing with a large group of people….just a few good buds with the rest described as acquaintances.

Oh Lordy…another 3.5 inches of rain…roads are down all over…..and the winds are vicious.

OK, I need to find my teeth……

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The South West is the only part of your country I have visited (can't count Atlanta airport) and I loved every bit of it...🌵 Jim T says AZ is getting too many folks moving there so NM sounds like a good place to visit.

Temp struggled to reach 40f today but the sunshine was a welcome change. The roads are like ice-rinks but at least the locals seem used to it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Our country is beautiful GK……we have a bit of everything…even Florida is considered semi-tropical and North Dakota is the frozen near wasteland. Scientists figured out a way for some icy states to use less gravel on the roads for ice…..Maine uses used teeth to fill in potholes …they claim the cavities interlock with each other………

Checked rain gauge….3.4 inches added to last weeks 4” and previous week of 3.2 inches with 2 and a half coming Friday night.

This should brighten your day…a simple formula.

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

GK, New Mexico is the fifth largest state in the nation with a population of about 2 million, about 40% of which lives in the Albuquerque metropolitan area. That means that Albuquerque is a pain in the butt but the remainder of the state allows plenty of room between humanoids.

Six, there's a section of BLM land about 10 miles from home where I shoot. Unfortunately, many shooters were apparently hatched in the outhouse so they leave a lot of trash. I wouldn't be surprised if BLM closed it down. There are a couple of private ranges within 30 miles from home and I'm a member of one of them. Their longest distance is only 200 yards. Honestly, I would prefer to just shoot out in the boonies but the travel is quite a bit farther. There's a place about 65 miles from here on BLM land where I shoot at 1000 yards. I don't get out there often enough.

Below, our son doing some shooting at our 1000 yard spot. I usually haul a gong or two out on my ATV since there's no road that goes out to the ascarpment.
My shooting buddy, Lloyd three years ago at the same place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Walt…I was at one of those places in Colorado…..BLM land …trash, broken bottles and the worst was the safety with some people shooting 15-20’ ahead of others. The firing line was as crooked as a politician.

We have shooting ranges all over the place with them being private. I belong to www.atglensportsmensclub.org. where we have shotgun, archery, club house with indoor shooting, ML range, pistol range, a cop range where different depts.use for training and the 100,200,300,385,and 500 meter range where competitions are held and open for shooting also…(except if there’s a match) It’s a high class place with a huge waiting list. We all voted to pay more per year than lifting the cap on numbers of members.

We can drive out to the target berms like you use the ATV…….whats your buddy using for 1000 yard shooting. I’ve done a fair amount of that myself at the Ridgway Rifle Club where the Nationals for silhouette are held….Yep, even a 30-30 playing around.

Where’s Jay? I sure hope his tongue ain’t stuck to the snowmobile.

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I think my son in the bottom picture is shooting a Tikka in 6.5 Creedmoor. I also have one in 6.5 that I shoot out there; I've had to do some load adjustments on it and haven't shot it since.

My buddy is shooting a Savage in 6.5 also.

My favorite out there is also a Savage. It's a model 12 .308 with an old 12X Leupold. I know it's not a high dollar gun but it shoots very well.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm ok!
Man, I headed out at 4:30 this morning to start cleaning up. Then went over to dad's and helped him. Tied into a piece of canvas under the snow by his shed and sheared an auger shear bolt. Had to go fix that, then head back and finish up. I was soaked to the bone.
I started the Jeep and ran that for a while. Then went and did some carb work on dad's blower.

I should load so.e .357 or .38s, but I'm just too tired to bother. Maybe tomorrow.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Those Savage 110’s along with your 12 (not familiar with the 12) are match rifles…real deal match rifles…..
I’ve seen more than a few in the winners circle at Ridgway Rifle Club, the only club in the US that does varmint bench rest silhouette…..crows at 850, groundhogs at 900, bobcats at 950 and coyotes at 1000. The best shooters in the country do this game and I THINK the best score is 36x40.

You wanna see some neat S….when you have time…check out this club. http://ridgwayrifleclub.com/VBR/VBR%20Home.htm

At our club we do the half scale silhouette. from 200-500 meters……it took like 3 years before someone got a 40x40……best I ever did was a 33x40 but I was using a stock Colt M-4 in .223 …..all factory except the trigger…..80 grain Sierra or Berger match bullets single loaded and seated out as far as possible…22 grains of H3895 …..can hit a clay bird at 500 meters with this rig. Ain’t nothing to hit a beer can at 350-400 meters.

I’m not a bs er. I even had a special scope mount custom made for the BAR……at 24 pounds loaded and scoped, this rifle don’t move in the rest…….managed a 28x40 with this one……I had the guys laughing like crazy with the guns I use for competition…..been shooting levergun silhouette for about 12 years and every gun I used was an antique Winchester or a buffalo barreled (factory) 1881 Marlin in 40-60 Marlin caliber……

To be truthful I have not competed for 2 years coming up on 3……been doing this heavy since I was 18 and around the age of 65 or so, something clicked in my head and as some of my shooting buddies say, “fell off the Earth”……I had enough of competition politics where the best shooters are buddies with the match director and always get the upper hand according to position on the line.

Same thing at Ridgway or McKean County in the Pa State Champs….the locals can make mistakes concerning what bank or order they shoot in and it’s overseen but when a flat lander like me signs up with a Winchester that’s worth more than the car they drive they make sure they give me the worst positions according to the sun. I pointed it all out one time after having 3 witnesses and the director wouldn’t budge. …so, like my character is I told them all to go F themselves. Like I said earlier, I was getting tired of the game anyway.
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jayster….i was worried you had your tongue stuck to something……..was hoping it wasn’t nothing from Cornville…….poor Pitchy, I was hard on him when he got his tongue stuck on the old John Deere.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No way buddy. I learnt a long time ago to keep my tongue in my mouth. :D
Well......mostly. :D
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

You have some very fine guns, Six! I'm not into competition these days, preferring to shoot by myself or one other trusted person. Years ago I did shoot in Hunter Silhouette which is the 100 meter competition with handguns.

I'm not much of a fan of automatics because I would rather shoot than pick up brass but I do have an old Colt AR SP-1 that I inherited from my father-in-law. I've been told they were essentially the same as the original M-16s except for not having a selector switch.
The SP-1s did not have a forward assist and had a longer twist than newer rifles.

I wrote the other day that I had only a few imported guns. One I forgot to mention is a Uberti replica of a Winchester 1885 HIgh Wall in .45-70 with a 30" barrel. I put a good Soule tang sight on it and the truth is that I can't see well enough to shoot it to its potential. I had thought about taking it out to shoot at 1000 yards but I don't think I could see the target. I guess I could put a huge bright aiming point above my gong and walk them in. Heck, I may do that.

Thanks for the pictures, Jack....interesting stuff!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Me too……even with an expensive scope it’s harder to see…….something about brightness entering the eye….i dunno….im semi retarded but…….I am smart enough to know that you don’t put your tongue on very cold metal……ask me how I know that.

I’m hittin’ it early tonight……

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I learned not to do that at an early age. When I was a kid, we had a chest type freezer in the basement and I sometimes sneaked down there with a spoon to eat some ice cream. Once I dropped a chunk of ice cream onto the metal bar of the freezer basket and yep, I left a piece of my tongue on the bar. Good lesson learned.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, another day….at least there’s sunshine……….

Headed out…Biiiiiiiiggggg day…….First, I have to get dressed, complete with socks, shoes and a hat……then it’s oooooffffffff to take mom to the doctors……..whoa! That’s exciting. Maybe even stop for a coffee!!!!

What’d I do to be 35 again.———-0. 0. 6.

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

This is that .308 Savage model 12. I think it's a decent rifle.

https://savagearms.com/content?p=firear ... ry&s=18464
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I’ve never known Savage to be anything other than quality. Unbeknownst to a lot of gun guys, the 1899/99 leverguns were for the “uppity” hunter. Common working folk bought the Winchester.

My buddy Gunny, who shoots the Varmint BR uses several 110’s and a blueprinted 700 for his matches. One time we were playing at Ridgway and he tells me to get the spotting scope and zero in on a 12” plate that was at 1,000 yards……..he pulls his rifle out of the case, a Savage 110 in 6.5/284……dials the scope in, inserts a round on the bench and pulls the trigger out of a cold barrel and smacks the plate about 3” from dead center……at this Ridgeway Club, the wind comes in from 3 different directions…….i never could read the wind like him.

Long day today….i should sleep good.——-006

I TOLD that Jay to keep his tongue off of anything metal……..that or he’s at the T bar where the dancers dance on the bar that’s held up by railroad ties…..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

T-bar?
I thought that was a milking station on a dairy farm.

Oh man, it's Friday again! That sucks in my world. Back to work tonight. Did my usual Friday dump run this morning. More crappy weather coming this weekend. Then more next week. I don't care so much during the week, but it's a royal pain on the weekends.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha! “milking station”……

Yea bro…just remember, the last 5 years are the hardest and I believe it’s because your set in life, no major bills but you need to work as it’s not free to live and your too young to “start coelectin’ da check”. The last five years will make you bite your tongue as your tolerance is about used up from everything that life threw at ya. People at work, on the road, in stores along with the rules you must live by builds up frustration.

Even after retirement it doesn’t get a whole lot better as things you never thought about start creeping into your life…..like health issues and the realization that there are not a whole lot of good years left. Then family squabbles start up as the kids start arguing on “who gets what”……they anre anctually letting you know what they anre thinking…ain't much time………….. Aches and pains creep in and enthusiasm subsides.

Sounds pessimistic but it’s reality.

Sitting in this little room looking out the window looks better everyday…..

My excitement for today consisted of reading an article on Fox News about the condemned inmate in Alabama is mad because he’s going to be the first person to be put to death by a new nitrogen gas system and he claims it won’t work……at the end of the article people write on their thoughts and I wrote, “geeze, I can fix that….just let him ride with me after a night of me eating cheap jerky, hard boiled eggs and some Limburger cheese and in 10 seconds he won’t know his name.