Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

I promised myself I was going to use that Python when I bought it. I don't abuse it, but I carry it. I got a good holster for it and I carry it a fair amount.
Heck, last time I was woods loafing, I DID carry that flat top. :D
I do carry that Rossi for that very reason. I do t worry about it. I leave it in the truck a fair amount too.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That makes sense. I’ve always said, “what’s the use of having something nice if you can’t use it the way it was intended to be”. I was upstate maybe 20 years ago using my finest 1886 Ex Lwt. in 45-90. I was navigating a steep slope when I slipped and started on a 30’ drop on a 45 degree slope. There was snow on the ground and I rode that slope down on my butt with the rifle over my head and arms extended. When I hit the bottom everything was fine.

Got some good news today on my nephew….well, good news to everyone in the family but not to him…..he broke the strongest bone in your body, the femur……………along…….along…..with TWO broken ankles. I have never wished this on anyone but this guy had it all coming to him. He is a killer, not a hunter……he’d kill anything for the sake of seeing it die. He had zero empathy for anything living….a true psychopath.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You won Jay! I award you the medical bills my nephew is going to have ……and he has no insurance…..60 years old…he going to be in pain for quite some time.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No insurance? That's against the law!
If I pay his bills wouldn't that make me an accomplice? Or aiding and abetting?
Gee, I'd love to.....but I better not.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Any of these 44 Spls or the 1911 would be good carry choice for the woods.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice stuff OS.
I got a bunch of good woods carry handguns. I usually take whatever the mood happens to strike me for. Only thing that influences my choice is if I have to run a chainsaw.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Over the years I found out the best woods bumming cartridge is the 32-20 with the .22 as a close second choice. I like to shoot such as seeing a stick floating down the stream, a close landing crow or something similar is as much of an importance as walking…...a larger caliber gun or any gun that makes a lot of noise upsets the serenity of the woods atmosphere.

The 32-20 with 3 grains of Bullseye or a 25-20 in the same load is about as loud as a target load in the .22. The Remington Model 25 in either of these cartridges is the ultimate in this case. Combine that with a Smith M&P in 32-20 and you’re doing something.

.22’s are cool but just have the “splashing of the dirt” that a center fire has.

One thing for sure, my nephew won’t be doing any woodsbumming for quite some time…..I read that a broken femur can lead to death in 18-30% of the cases within a year due to blood clotting. I don’t want the guy to die, just suffer for the suffering he has caused many people and animals.

Well, headed to Costco and Home Depot to rid my pocket of some green.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I never carry just a. 22. I will carry a 22 rifle and a bigger handgun, or vice versa.
I really don't have any 32 or 25-20s. I tend to use 44 or 357. In oldies, it's 38-40.

Yeah, a broken femur ain't no joke. Especially when you're older.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Been there done that with the ankles too age 64.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ouch OS but at least you are back to playing golf again 🏌️

Yet another grey and wet day,
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I had found a SAA online at Guns International week before last, I ordered it and it arrived on Tuesday. It appears to be unfired. The trigger pull is pretty heavy and it has lots of creep but that can be corrected. I like it. I'll shoot it before I change anything on it.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Nice, have one like it.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh Walt! She’s a beauty! As John Taffin says, “nothing moves the soul more than a single action Colt”.

Walt’s in the club boys! We all have Colts. GK would if he was on this side of the pond…….

Fred…you broke your femur in the car wreck and your ankles? What was the heal time?…..I see you have your “tighty whiteys” on. I see the little guy is peeking out…..🤪

Headed out…..

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Thanks, Dr Sixgun! I actually have a couple of New Frontiers that I bought ten or so years ago. I love 'em all.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

In a hospital bed 2 months. 8 months until I could get around well enough to be in the office and back on the course.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Holy poops! 2 months in da hospital? I went about crazy when I was in for 10 days….but I was 24. You sure look banged up…..sure glad you made it OK as I’d only have a couple of friends here

Ya know Walt, I too have several N.F…..44 Spl, 44-40, and a one of a kind 38-40…….they make the best shooters but there’s something about a SAA….they have a different feel and balance……to me, a 5.5 fits me best.

—-00
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Looks awesome Walt! Congratulations buddy. There's just nothing like a Colt SAA.

So I went up to the lot today and cut the downed trees out of my trails. I cruised them the other day but there's always more than you remember. I got it cleaned up in 2 or 3 hours.
Dad made this cool chainsaw carrier that goes on a pack frame. Remember how I was talking about those vinyl fence posts? Being hillbillies, we don't throw anything out, and the pieces we cut off worked perfect for a lightweight scabbard to hitch to the pack frame. It's a long walk up in there and this makes it way easier. Both hands are free.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

5 days in the hospital, 2 months in a hospital bed at home.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That don’t matter as it’s still mighty tough on the brain to be immobilized for such a length of time. But I’m sure you had babes caring for you, rub downs, sponge baths, tongue baths,

That excellent thinking there Captain Jay……I still say a $300 EGO 56 Volt chainsaw is the way to go for anything less than about 6-8”…..they weigh half or less of what a gas engine weighs…no noise, no idling, more maneuverable, safer…..the next time you win a page I’ll give you one and send it to ya.

And they have the power to rip right on through. The only downfall is they heat up fast on huge trees…..I tried it and once the battery gets hot they quit but for limbs annd 3-5” trees and clearing a path they are great. Takes like 30 seconds to change a chain and 5 seconds to change a battery. Since then I’ll use two batteries and switch em. I guess a Sherman tank would do the same….just spin some donuts every 20 feet and you could make a runway for a 747.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Walt, that's a nice looking Colt, I'm really envious of you guys but happy you can still enjoy some freedom when it comes to firearm choices.

I never thought I would like those cordless chainsaws but after using one I was impressed, if I'm ever lucky enough to need another chainsaw I think I will go electric although I do enjoy the noise and smell of a two-stroke.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Thanks, Jay!

I've never used an electric saw either. I'm with you, GK, I enjoy the sound and the smell too. It makes ya feel like you're really doing something.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've read some on the electric saws. I thought it would be good to mount one on my trail bike or to have in the Jeep. The reviews are usually mixed, unless it's one that costs as much as a gas saw.
The other issue is like today. I had one 12-14" hemlock I had to cut, but it's not just once. I had to saw it in three places and still limb some of it. Then I had to cut and partially limb at least another 6-8 trees. Mostly just spruce, but still.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The negative reviews will come from people who don’t really know the difference…….theres limitations…..NOTHING cuts like a gas saw for heavy duty work but for pruning, limbing, clearing skinny trees/making pathways quick work, limited work, battery powered is the way.

2 cycles like to be run hard with minimal idling….your constantly feathering the throttle…..You get instant power with the electric job. Electric is NOT cost effective…….you can buy a lot of gas for $150-500 as that’s what the batteries cost if one goes bad.

Believe my first EGO, a saw, I bought 3 years ago and have charged up the battery dozens of times.

Same thing for around the house…..I got em all in the EGO family……and use em without babying…….believe I have 6 batteries…..but when I go out back I use a gas job, whether it’s a blower, weed whacker, chainsaw or a rock crusher………..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm sure they work better than I think, I'd just like to try one before laying out the cash. I don't know anyone that has one. Around here at least. :D
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Speaking of weed trimmers, years ago I bought a wheeled, 4 stroke weed trimmer from Sears. I don't have much to mow but the ground is rough between my property and the street and it works well for that.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That sure is a beauty Walt….I bet that baby could cut down a small tree.

Couple of years ago I made a “swamp machine” by adding 12” wheels to a regular push mower that I use in a wet area……your machine would be better……I’m gonna look for one……

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's quite a trimmer Walt, but I'm much more interested in the dirt bike hiding in the background. :D

My dad bought one if those cheap Homelite gas trimmers at Ames department store back in the early 80s. We used it at his place, mine, and both grandparents places. We still have it and it's still going. When my middle son bought his place, there was one the previous owner left behind. It's another Homelite, but pretty new. My son has a Milwaukee battery trimmer so he gave me the Homelite. Boy! I'm stylin now! This thing is really nice. Well....compared to what I'd been using for the last 30 years.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Six, If I don't keep the alphalfa trimmed down in the summer, the stems can get up to 3/4" in diameter. This machine takes care of it.....the strings are extremely tough and are easy to install.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Jay, it's a Suzuki DRZ400S that I bought new in '05. I've had good times on it and bad. My old bones are getting fragile. I don't ride it much and I'll probably sell it in the spring.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice bike Walt!
I've been riding since the late 70s. Mostly dirt and dualsport.
My last real dirt bike was this 92 XR600R that I had plated and on the road. It was tractor, and I miss it terribly, but I'm probably too old to thrash such a serious bike now.
I've had this 2008 Harley Softail Custom since new. Ive only got about 28k miles on it, but I love more than when I brought it home.
Last spring I bought this little 2008 TW200 to use as a hunting rig. I wanted something SIMPLE. No electronics or fuel injection. The TW is basically unchanged since it's introduction in 1987, and has a huge aftermarket for it. I set it up for transportation to treestands and dragging deer. In spite of that Ive had a ball just using it as a trail bike. It fits where a 4 wheeler (which we have) won't, and it's street legal.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I wouldn't mind finding a lighter, lower bike than the Suzuki. Over the past couple of years I've used it mostly to drive down to the mailbox, about a mile away. The last time I dumped it I had to have someone help me pick it up again. That TW like yours has always been a possibility for me, probably an excellent choice.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have to admit my days on two wheels are over :( I did enjoy motorcycling but now my old bones prefer a vehicle with a good heater plus the roads over here are not as motorcycle friendly as they were.

Thinking of you guys with the Colts got me to thinking, 1878 Colt made a very nice looking shotgun complete with rabbit ears, I checked the prices and realised I need to win the lottery to afford a really good one plus they are more than a bit scarce around these parts. However I did notice that Ivan who designed my soviet shotgun closely followed the Colt design of shotgun hammers, not exact but near enough so I'll just have to make do for now.
image.jpeg
We actually had some sunshine today but it's getting colder.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The TW would definitely be the ticket, Walt. It's so easy to ride its ridiculous. Very low seat height, very light, and tight gearing. It initially reminded me of my old trials bike I had years ago.

Hey GK,
I always liked those Colt shotguns too. I have never seen one around here though. I would have liked to have had one too! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I know about nothing on motorcycles……my boy is the expert….bought him a Z-50 when he was about 8 and he ain’t stopped since…..he likes those big Harleys like Jay…wears a heated suit he plugs in and rides all year out in Colorado.

Colt shotguns? Have had more than a few pushed in front of me…the ‘78 and the later hammerless boxlock…..shotguns never did anything for me as I found out nothing appreciates more in value than the single action Colt and pre ww1 Winchesters.

Sold that engraved Ithaca Flues I had and am down to a pre war Win 24 and a Lefever……both doubles…..shot that Fox last month with the Lefever and low brass 8’s….poor thing, didn’t have a hair left on him. I’ve seen it over 50 years time, the rise and fall of wild animals, except deer, like rabbits here…

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Jay, my first bike was a BSA Hornet, a 650 TT bike. The tailpipes ended just in front of the rear tire. No mufflers; got me into trouble a time or two.
I had a Honda Reflex, a little 200cc bike that was considered a decent beginner's bike for trials.
After that was a Bultaco Sherpa T, a 250cc 2 stroke which was a good trials bike in its day.
A Honda XR80 came after that. I wanted my kids to enjoy motorcycles but I think I started them too early.
Then came an XR350, a Yamaha TT600, a Honda XR450, a Honda CR250, an XR250, a CRF450, a couple of BMW road bikes and the DRZ400S Suzuki.
I may have left out one or two but that's all I can remember at the moment.
My son was the one who rode the true motocross bikes. He competed for a while but then lost interest. I went to ATVs after that. You can drive slowly and sightsee much better than on a bike.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm not much of a shotgun guy either Six. When I was a kid, I wanted a Lefever for some reason, but I never got one.

That's an impressive list Walt. Mine isn't that good. :D
Let's see......

1973 Yamaha DT250
1974 Yamaha TY250A Trials
1978 Yamaha DT175E
1982 Honda XL250R
1982 Suzuki GS550MZ Katana
1989 Yamaha XT600J
1992 Honda XR600R
2008 Harley FXSTC
2008 Yamaha TW200.
In the middle of all that is a bunch of 4 wheelers. I rode a 1986 Suzuki Quad Sport and an 87 Honda 250x for a couple years between the Katana and XT600.
Then after the XR600R I had a bunch of 4 wheel drive 4 wheelers so my kid could go with me when he was small.
We still have a 2001 Honda 500 Rubicon, but I should have kept my 98 Honda 450ES instead. Not a big fan of the 500.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Even though I know very little about bikes, I’ll admit, they are cool on back trails….ive done that on a Yamaha something….bought it new for my boy in ‘81….remember my feet wouldn’t hit the ground………thinking, wow, I’m sitting on my boys and the skin cigar……moved everything away proper and my knees were dragging.

Remember those big 6 wheelers that had these big tires on em with about 3 lbs of air? My BIL had two of them and they would about go anywhere……controls were like a zero turn mower or a tank and could spin on a dime.

I’d like to have a Harley as most people I knew had them….mom put here foot down on that….nonnegotiable…….id be dead in a week or two…

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, thise 6 wheel rigs are an Argo. Guy here at work used to sell them. They even float and will go in water.
They will definitely go anywhere, but not in a hurry or smoothly. But, in places like Alaska and Canada, with muskeag and lots of bog, nothing is better.

Ol Six on a Harley......I can see it now! :D
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

My riding partner has a Harley. It must have every accessory known to man. It has a higher performance engine, a 6 speed transmission and I'd guess it weighs close to 900 lb. My little 1100cc BMW weighs about 530 lb. We didn't ride much this past summer because I had eye surgery but in the summer of 2022 we rode all over NM in search of the best green chile cheeseburgers. I think the two bikes are about equal in terms of performance. In this picture we are at the Jack's Creek Campground in the Pecos Wilderness, situated at 9000 ft elevation. Just passing through, it was a good day.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

BMW has always made really nice bikes.
The best thing Harley ever did was start putting those 6 speeds in back in 2007. Unless I'm on a pretty open road, I don't even get into 6th. At 60mph, 5th gear just purrs. Those 6 speeds will just roll along at plenty of speed (for me). Especially with the old Twin Cams. Mine, being a 2008, is a 96" Twin Cam (1584cc). It's bone stock, other than exhaust, breather, and fuel mods. That stupid Harley is the only bike I've owned that is fun while going 5mph UNDER the speed limit. Though I usually don't. :D
Starting with the Twin Cam, the Softails are counter balanced. That makes them incredibly smooth, especially for a Harley. Prior, with Evo's, the Softail wasn't balanced, and with a solid mounted engine, it wore on you pretty quick. They are fun to ride, but not all day.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My first motorcycle back in 1963 was a BSA Bantam I think a 1951 model cost me £15 quid. I more than had my money's worth of fun on that little bike.
il_794xN.2511132281_k06b.jpg
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Talk about nasty weather…..rain, sleet, flurries, 32 degrees,,,,heavily overcast,

Think I’ll take the old 1908 Harley out for a cruise, but first I have to get it out of the factory crate…….either that or my Henderson that has 27 miles on it…….ahhhhh, little icy so I’ll take the M1A1 Abrams out.

It’s a good thing I’m financially challenged or I would have some sort of tank or at least a tank destroyer or a Bren gun carrier….

Did you know you can buy a fighter jet? But of course with civilian controls.
Hey Jay…wadda think about this Jeep……might be a bit tough for skinny trails though.

IMG_1313.jpeg
IMG_1331.jpeg

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

This is a '67 BSA Hornet like my first bike. In its day it was a rompin', stompin' Brit bike. It had a very rudimentary electrical system consisting of a magneto, a headlight and tail light with no switches except a kill switch. It shouldn't have been allowed on the street and these days it surely would not be. I sold it in early 1976.

Heck, the one shown doesn't even have a headlight or tail light. I wonder whether a previous owner added those.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah I can't imagine that would be too useful.
Reminds me of an old feller that used to go to the local fairs. He had joined two Farmall cubs together and it worked slick. That was a clever old man.
Yeah we got a big mess coming too. Not looking forward to it.

I never rode any of those old Brit bikes, but would have liked to.
Same with the old tank shift, foot clutch, manual spark Harleys. That just had to be cool. Like flying a helicopter, you needed both hands and feet. Plus, most if the roads were dirt back then.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

If you look to the side of that Jeep you will see Arabic writing…probably in Dubai…….really stupid I think.

I told you about the buddy who has 3 Hendersons and more old Harleys. They were his dads….. One looks like a heavy duty bicycle and he says most of them run and all will with some work. Has a thing on the handlebars that he says advances the timing or something like that….

Just outside……it can’t get any worse…everything is semi icy, raining/sleet at full force along with 30 mph winds. I told mom we should have gone to Costco and we’d have the store to ourselves.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. Depending on how old it is, both grips on the bars twist. The right is throttle, and the left one is spark advance. Those old bikes your buddy has are worth some major cash.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

They are actually owned by his mom…………as the buddy of mine couldn’t be trusted to keep an eye on a five dollar bill, I’m sure his sister & brother are in charge…..

Watching that Shemshalk movie again…..(or however it’s spelled🤣)

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I couldn't be trusted either. I'd be riding them!

What?
You mean The Shawshank Redemption?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yes, that’s the name of it…..good movie……anymore I have to watch a movie 3 times before I “get it”……the first time, I lose many of the smaller details, then the second time I pretty much have it all in…..I can enjoy it on the third time.

Windy…..cold……..damp…..dark………

Jay….GK….OS….Walt…..or anyone “older”…....tell pops and mom about this…..about a half gummy a day and you will not feel ANY joint pain….over the counter, 100% legal, ….better, much better than any CBD oil. Was first developed in 1942 from hemp. Talk about sleep……you go to bed and don’t know nothing until you wake up…….non addicting………me and mom were dancing the Tango last night….i was swinging her around like a top…..

Now you know why big Pharma and politicians are against it….loots of loot to be lost by the money whores……..

It’s usually hard to get up off the couch after sitting awhile, especially in weather like this…cold, damp………

Plus, you get a little buzz off of it along with the “munchies”. 🤪…….aint cheap but a lot cheaper than meds that leave you dazed and confused.

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Six, A while back you was talking bout this & Boots checked it out & they wont or cant ship to Wyoming
guess i could be like the rest of Wyo. & just go to Colorado to buy it, few years back i was hauling propane
to a frac down east of Greely Co. & every other car down their had a Wyo, plate, i doubt they went down for
a visit, i had heard it looks like little Wyo. on the weekend, found its true, Fort Collins most likely has more
from Wyo.
hey just shot a bunch of rounds out of a Taurus m44 it has a ported 4 in. bbl.shoots sweet & it dont hurt, bought it cheep, so if it dont last im out 200 bucks, dont worry i didnt trade the 25-35 for it :lol:

ollogger