Legacy gets it done.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Legacy gets it done.

Post by Nath »

Got to hunt deer today but the landowner said he had a problem with fox's so I said I'd look out for them.
They were spraying the farm house with stinky scent because his dogs are in season!
I must admit, as soon as I got there it did stink!

Anyhow it was still dark when I got there but in my thermal spotter I see a fox leaving the yard!
I set of to spot deer and I did see deer. Hopefully I can get back tomorrow early again for them.

It was when it was just light enough to see that painted front sight I noticed a Gos hawk fly up into a tree from the ground.
At this point I had put away the thermal and donned the binoculars. When I looked to where she had flew from there was Charlie staring at me.
I slowly shouldered the rifle while clocking the hammer and trued everything up on it and then dropped the hammer and Charlie dropped also.
A good hundred yard shot right on the mark.
IMG_20240105_083220.jpg
Thinking the job was done I carried on stalking .
A few hundred yards latter a cock pheasant went nuts in some scrub and flew out not 50yds away from me so I squeaked like a mouse as I thumbed the hammer.
I noticed a familiar shape coming my way through the birch scrub and then stall before it broke from the cover, another mouse squeak had it step out and that was that!
This one stank! Mr Stinky. Only a couple hundred yards from the farm house too!
IMG_20240105_090933.jpg
Good old Winchester, who needs glass hey....

Next them deer, but the forecast is fog and a wind change, bet I see none....🤦

Nath.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
JimT
Shootist

Re: Legacy gets it done.

Post by JimT »

Great work, Sir! And a nice levergun to do it with. All you need now is a couple youngsters who want to learn.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

JimT wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:15 pm Great work, Sir! And a nice levergun to do it with. All you need now is a couple youngsters who want to learn.
Granddaughter is doing well Jim.
IMG-20231231-WA0002.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

EXCELLENT! Grandkids are The Best!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Nath, great work once again. So glad you have the opportunity to own and use a .30-30 over yonder. Your granddaughter is putting her air rifle to good use! 8)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A well pleased landowner means lots more opportunities to hunt in the future, well done and yes can those foxes stink :!: I once had to visit a so called animal lover who had 36 foxes in pens :roll: the stink followed me back into my car :evil:
Good luck with the deer.. :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:46 pm A well pleased landowner means lots more opportunities to hunt in the future, well done and yes can those foxes stink :!: I once had to visit a so called animal lover who had 36 foxes in pens :roll: the stink followed me back into my car :evil:
Good luck with the deer.. :wink:
Why, why would someone have 36 fox's in pens 🤦
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I can attest to the dog foxes spraying when my girls are in heat and yes they do stink. My nose is quite sensitive and I can smell stuff before any of my buddies can and that's probably from all the dog hair I've ingested over the years! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Nath wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:29 pm
JimT wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:15 pm Great work, Sir! And a nice levergun to do it with. All you need now is a couple youngsters who want to learn.
Granddaughter is doing well Jim.
IMG-20231231-WA0002.jpeg
:D :D :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JimT wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:37 pm EXCELLENT! Grandkids are The Best!
As I have told my son and daughter thousands of time, they exist to provide their Mom and me with grandkids one day! :D
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:13 pm
JimT wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:37 pm EXCELLENT! Grandkids are The Best!
As I have told my son and daughter thousands of time, they exist to provide their Mom and me with grandkids one day! :D
EXACTLY ! ! !