Preatorian holster

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Preatorian holster

Post by 4t5 »

Rumble.com/ hickock45
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: Preatorian holster

Post by Pisgah »

Personally, I get no complaints that I stink because of the heavy pools of sweat around my holsters... but if you do, then try it by all means.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Them is some sure enough quick draw artists in those demonstration examples. I don't think sammy davis jr. could even out draw them.....
m.A.g.a. !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I tend to keep a separate 'car gun' in a paper bag in the open dashboard cubby below my car radio, along with some wadded up candy bar wrappers and a crumpled soft drink can. That way it's "there" no matter what kind of garment I'm wearing, or what kind of holster my CCW gun is in. I used to use a shoulder holster (with a Super Blackhawk when that was the only centerfire handgun I owned - then later with a 1911 and then a Charter Arms Bulldog), but found that depending on whether I had on a non-tuck shirt, a sweatshirt, a sweater, a sportcoat, a regular jacket, or coveralls, it could get really complicated. So my CCW gun is where I like it best, on my person, ALWAYS in the same place, and my CAR gun is where I like it best, more or less 'out in the open' where it is ALWAYS in the same place as well.

Now this is NOT a good idea for people who:

a) don't lock their car 100% of the time
b) ever park in 'iffy' places (I only go to about four places total ever in my weekly routine)
c) have others in their car as passengers or have kids who might get in their car

But otherwise, 'hidden in plain sight' works well, and is always 'easy to access' that way.

Now - one could do this with a CCW gun that is in an 'ordinary' holster and simply unholster it when getting in the vehicle, place it in the 'hidden in plain sight' place, then REMEMBER to replace it in the regular CCW holster upon exiting the vehicle. Then it would be fully safe against kids or burglars getting in the car, and the only issue would be if you have skittish passengers who would freak out seeing you re-position your firearm. I tend to avoid associating with such 'skittish' types, so no worries for me that way.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hmmm. Use that in combination with a 5.11 shirt, most of which have snaps versus buttons, and I think you might have a winner there.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

I like the idea of a belly band especially when seated, may just have to pull the trigger on one of these.
Thanks guys.
Rumble.com/ hickock45