"We Never Saw Any Bears..."

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"We Never Saw Any Bears..."

Post by Old No7 »

Wow...

And that person drives, votes and breeds too...

Old No7

Never Saw Bears.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Re: "We Never Saw Any Bears..."

Post by wvfarrier »

Biden voters
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

No, too credulous. Trumpers for sure. :lol:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Probably a good thing, they would have only wanted to shake hands with the cuddly bears. :roll:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

John, this sort of thing really does happen -- especially involving bison ... :?
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Almost surely Gen Z. Snowflakes to the max.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The park needs to start selling pickinic basket scented perfume- sure to bring Yogi and BooBoo in for a sniff! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:50 pm The park needs to start selling pickinic basket scented perfume- sure to bring Yogi and BooBoo in for a sniff! :lol:
and special panic towels for when the game is invisible
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

A few years back we were in Florida and stopped at a place called Manatee Lagoon or some-such. There wasn't a single sea cow evident, but we got the refrigerator magnet to show for it.

Personally, I'm generally good with not seeing bears.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I was flipping channels and found a show on bear. In one segment the narrator is talking about a woman that has studied brown bears and knows many on site. She considers them friends and claims to have never had a moment when she felt endangered. As the fool was blathering on and the video was of this woman close to a mother and two cubs I had only one thought. Timothy Tredwell. Of course, we don't know if the videographer had someone behind him with a large caliber rifle the entire time.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I am innately drawn to bears -- and bison -- for some reason, but give them a wide birth in the wild. We would have had words, though, if I had caught the plum thief who stripped my entire tree the night before I planned to pick it. :evil:
I've posted this before, I suspect, but get such a kick out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x70d3Uw6Nxs&t=167s
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I don't see the big fuss with bear sightings. We have them in our front yard at least once every year.

This is last year when our neighbor accidentally left out his garbage can on the side of the garage. I took this from inside my living room.
PXL_20220710_123048978.MP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Looks like it would have been an easy shot. And a young tender bear is pretty good eating! :D
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

https://www.ladbible.com/news/tragic-st ... 8-20221229
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mauling-so ... d-on-tape/

my opinion of bears is based on this scenario from the reality show "when bears are hungry, or just for fun come pet a bear with us"
grizz
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Steve, Pinesol is a great bear deterrent! A little in the can and each bag that goes out gets some and they will learn to leave it alone. They might toss the can a few more times but eventually they get it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Thanks, but we don't have an issue with them and our garbage as it's inside the garage. However, we do have an issue with our built-in BBQ in the back yard on our walk-out rear deck.

The bears would smell the meat and head up the stairs for it all the time so a number of years back, Parks and Wildlife rangers that patrol our valley suggested that everyone have a small jar of ammonia that you crack the lid open and put inside the hood of the BBQ.

The smell just leaks out but that stops them cold. After a few tries, they stop coming up the stairs to check things out as the smell really turns them off.
Steve
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I put a couple of game cameras out, pointing up our driveway two or three years ago. Among all kinds of other animals, they've picked up several bears. Prior to that, the only way I knew they were around the house was by their muddy footprints on the asphalt after a rain.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Walt wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:57 am I put a couple of game cameras out, pointing up our driveway two or three years ago. Among all kinds of other animals, they've picked up several bears. Prior to that, the only way I knew they were around the house was by their muddy footprints on the asphalt after a rain.
we knew they were under the house scrounging thru the fishing gear and bumping into the pilings, which rocked the house like a minor earthquake.. . .. they also stomped all the trash cans on the boardwalk and got into the city's fenced off trash collection area at the top of the docks . . . . in the early days all the bears that came into town were shot and left in a hole at the dump. that solved the problem. then they got racial preferential treatment and now they menace the village and more or less run the city counsel . . . .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

When I lived in Trinidad CO the McDonald's in the center of town had a couple culvert traps set in the warmer months. Average of 15 or so bears caught & relocated every month.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Mrs. YK and I didn't see any bears in September when we were there either. Maybe if they hired Biden-like bears who bumbled around and shook hands with invisible people the note writer would be happy... :roll:
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lthardman »

Now if the bears just realized they only need to cross the southern border, they would be taken care of for life.
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

My son took me to Jellystone as a retirement gift 4 years ago and we did see bears. A big male was munching on an elk and a sow walked provocatively across the road. Good stuff!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Walt wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:33 am My son took me to Jellystone as a retirement gift 4 years ago and we did see bears. A big male was munching on an elk and a sow walked provocatively across the road. Good stuff!
This info seems to fit the gist of the topic

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/03/update ... z7TBI0ctQW

it's not a comfort when I am deer hunting in the bear woods and I come across a big mound of dirt and leaves, centered in the game trail with a deer bone sticking out of it . . . it's even worse at dusk when every single moss covered stump closely resembles a big brown bear . . . LOL