Hodgdon's Reloading Webpage

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Hodgdon's Reloading Webpage

Post by COSteve »

I went on the site to look up some info and it's all new. Check it out with this link.

https://hodgdonreloading.com/rldc/
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Re: Hodgdon's Reloading Webpage

Post by KWK »

It was easier to change search parameters under the old format. It's not a big deal, but I prefer the previous format.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

KWK wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:03 pm It was easier to change search parameters under the old format. It's not a big deal, but I prefer the previous format.
Yep. Very seldom is a new and improved webpage or app actually either one of those.
On my phone is was very difficult to view
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I feel the same way as KWK and Vancelw. The old style site was much easier to use. Just another case of 'newer is always better'.
Steve
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

You guys are right. It works for me, BUT you can only get ONE powder and ONE bullet weight at a time forcing one to do multiple searches for each powder and/or bullet weight! :evil:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Their site was always problematic, most times it wouldn't show me data after making selections. I had to use a completely different search engine.
I bought one of their reloading manuals, was not too pleased to see it lacking cartridges I load for. They also said. ' shotshell data included ' but only 12 ga.
Don't get me wrong, they have data at the press of a few buttons but its not great...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
castcat
Levergunner

Post by castcat »

if you just select cartridge it shows all data for each bullet weight with different powders
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My dinosaur of an iPad doesn't play well with the new site.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Okay, that's odd; it's acting differently tonight. Last night I could load 357 rifle (carbine) and then go load the 357 pistol data for the same bullet weight. I could go back and forth and compare the two to see how fps is affected by barrel length. Tonight, when I go back to rifle from pistol, it's forgotten the loads I'd previously asked about. I'd swear last night one could see the previously selected loads. Certainly this was no problem with the previous format. "If it ain't broke..."
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

The new version is much more difficult to use on a mobile device. Haven't tried it on my laptop yet. Of course the old version wasn't great either. They need to look at Sierra's data app. It's easy and reliable.
NRA Life Member
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

TedH wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:31 am The new version is much more difficult to use on a mobile device. Haven't tried it on my laptop yet. Of course the old version wasn't great either. They need to look at Sierra's data app. It's easy and reliable.
Which Sierra app? Do you have a link.
My initial search wasn't too fruitful
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

vancelw wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:36 am
TedH wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:31 am The new version is much more difficult to use on a mobile device. Haven't tried it on my laptop yet. Of course the old version wasn't great either. They need to look at Sierra's data app. It's easy and reliable.
Which Sierra app? Do you have a link.
My initial search wasn't too fruitful
It's the 6th Edition manual. It's not free, but I think it's only like $4.99 a year for the electronic version.
NRA Life Member
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I sent them an email... said their "new, improved" site... ISN'T. Doesn't include any 45 Colt rifle data.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's the problem with coders, they aren't using their work for its intended purpose.
I tried it again in a different browser and it still sucks.
Hopefully they will get enough complaints and fix it.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

I preferred the old format too, but I guess they were concerned with people not paying close attention to powder and listed weight to use.
Maybe something like using bullseye and using the weight of a slower powder listed. Now only the proper gr. Weight is listed for the one powder being used. I’ll get used to it.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
KeithNyst
Levergunner 1.0

Post by KeithNyst »

1894cfan wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:37 pm You guys are right. It works for me, BUT you can only get ONE powder and ONE bullet weight at a time forcing one to do multiple searches for each powder and/or bullet weight! :evil:
On my laptop, I selected 300 Savage and selected 150 grain bullet and left the rest unchecked. It came back with a table with 9 rows of powder with the load data.

Another way to use it is to find the out what cartridges you can load with a specific powder. Only select one manufacturer and one of their powders, the list of cartridges will change to only those cartridges that they have load data available for that powder.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I just tried my favorite cartridge, the .30-30 Winchester... and a 150 grain bullet, nothing else, and it listed 28 loads using 3 different bullets... but nothing for a cast bullet. I seem to recall the old version did pop up cast load data.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

At first it wouldn't give me pistol data. After I tried a couple rifle loads without selecting anything but bullet weight was I able to get pistol data.
Then I tried shotgun and it was hesitant to allow a selection. 28 ga, 3/4 oz of lead but now where did i get 'select ' button, maybe they don't have that data inputted yet...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’m glad I have no intentions of trying anything different or new and have everything I load noted in my so to speak ledger .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I've found that the less boxes you check, the more data you get. I'm just selecting the caliber now and seeing what comes up.
Steve