Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by gamekeeper »

I told the dealer I wanted the 16 gauge and just wanted confirmation that it was in original condition (length of stock ect) as there was no photo to go on and they have stopped replying to my emails. :? Makes me kinda suspicious.

Jay I know what you mean about helicopters, ever since I saw Kirk Douglas shoot one down with a takedown 92 Winchester, I had my doubts about their safety. We did take a helicopter trip down the Grand Canyon which was fantastic but a couple of years later the same company had a fatal crash there. Mind you we did crash in the hotair balloon but that was a lot more gentle and nobody got hurt... :D
5a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. I'm thinking the balloon was safer transportation!
I'm running around on screech t8day getting ready. I had a huge load for the dump. Hunting season is always like that. I can never get there unless I take time from Hunting. It's closed by the time I get home. Not open when I leave. And it's closed Sunday (which is no Hunting in Maine). The Gladiator was rounded. I take my parents garbage too.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh this is priceless. I just had to screenshot it and post a pic.
I don't watch any news, but when I pull up my search page, there is stuff on it. Cause....you know....they MUST expose everyone to the propaganda.
Anyway, only in Maine.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yea…..screw those helicopters……it’s like a giant hunk of steel that goes straight up and faster down…….I won’t even get on a plane anymore as you feel totally powerless crammed in a can with 150 people you don’t like…….

GK wants a 16…….that’s good…….only thing I want is a new leaf vacuum and can’t find the one I want……..
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A real hit and run .... :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It’s bad when you go out to get kitty litter and the bill is $68……..so on the way home, I stop (at moms request) at Fresh Foods…(kind of a yuppie store, get 2 chickens, 2 lb of lunch meat, 1 pound of cheese and 2 loaves of bread…..$62……..when we “load up” every couple of weeks, it costs about what a decent used car cost back in the seventies….

Its just me and mom so I don’t care but I have no idea how people can pay food bills when they have a mess of kids, then cable bills, clothes, cars, fuel, insurance……….. I know how to handle money and live a lifestyle close to about where it was in the 40’s….but….you know, everybody today wants to be a DuPont or at least make others think they are……..

I like being a nobody and watch other people figure out how they are going to manage on 150K a year…..take the “K” off and that’s how much I make. We had to make a loaf of bread last 2 weeks. We ate one of the cats……even if we pass gas we get it in a pickle jar and take the cap off when we are cold…….we now walk to the supermarket about 17 miles down the road with a wheelbarrow….cops stopped me and told me I had to put lights, turn signal, and brake lights attached to my boots.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I hear Six It sure does cost a lot of money just to be poor these days. I live on my own so food bills are the least of my worries but keeping a roof over my head and keeping the place warm is no joke. I'll pass on the pickle jar full of gas though... :shock: :lol:

Hey I won a page :!:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea GK…you won!!!!! Let’s see now for a gift…….would you like anything Jay has, like maybe a 16 gauge shotgun?…..his Harley….his tractor, (as long as his tongue ain’t stuck to it) Whatever you find, you’ll probably see my name on half of it.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Chicken and dumplings, an omelette and peasant casserole, affordable food.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Plain old egg n chips for me..
IMG_20231027_175152.jpg
I thought only people on Facebook took photos of their dinner.... :shock:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Just black coffee for me right now. Back to camp for my second cup.
Had a couple scrambled eggs and a cup for breakfast this morning at 4:15.
I didn't hunt yesterday. Getting stuff done at the house for the kids. They are en route now. Gotta pick them up at the Bangor airport tonight at 10:30. Sure glad they are flying into Bangor. It's only an hour away, as opposed to 2 to Portland. And it's more of a hassle. Bangor is real low key and simple.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

At work, I never could understand why people would make an effort to see what I’m eating as I always brought my lunch from home…..like, who gives a f what others are eating? I eat to live while other people live to eat……once in a while it’s cool and sometimes I learn something, like Fred and his many cooking utensils……and GK likes his eggs sunny side up….I must say that GK’s plate is the most organized with perfect proportions……s…..I just throw everything in one spot and that’s how it’s going to wind up.

I always try to have beans, broccoli, and other gaseous foods….after all…..”beans, beans, good for your heart and the more you eat the more you F and the more you F, the better you feel, so eat beans at every meal.”

Leaf day….

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I notice in your exchanges, all, that you are always right.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Right about what? Everyone has their own definition of right and wrong and most people insert religion or what they were “taught” by their parents and teachers on right and wrong. And then there’s the law which has its own interpretations which are mostly in the gray area so they can twist it to their liking. And then their family members and board members all out to make someone look silly for their own personal gain and chest thumping.

Why, just last week we had a personal interpretation of right and wrong at home…. ….it’s common for people to use machinery like lawn mowers and such right up to dusk. It now gets dark about 5-5:30 so I had a couple of logs I wanted to split and it was around 6:30 so I fired up the log splitter for a half hour. (I have plenty of outdoor light after the sun goes down) I come in and mom says, “what the f. you doing splitting wood at night. The neighbors will think your nuts.” I reaping by telling her that they already know I’m nuts and it’s not as if I’m doing this at 10 PM……So, Mr. Rhodes Scholar, who is “right”?

Am I getting cynical?😇

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You are starting to come around ;-) Your was wrong and should have been you’re but was a general reference to society and not directed at anyone personally.

Marble sculpture, amazing.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah, wait just a minute. I was right originally :P

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Right? About what? 🤣

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I really appreciate the sculpture but but the rhetoric is leaving me confused.... :?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea GK……O.S always does that with his superior thinking, education, and knowledge……he is uppity! ……..he is like a lawyer, with his own language and terms.

I tell ya, it’s so boring around here, I’m having fun counting the cars going down the road.

Jay must be dragging in a big one, like one of those 300 pounders….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey guys! Nice, I haven't been hunting at all. Kids and grandkids are here so we've been busy chasing them the last couple days. Having a great time though. Probably get up to camp soon though. Told the oldest grandson we've got some tractor work to do so he's all ready for that. Probably do some shooting hopefully too.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ive forgotten what a house full of family is like, been 12 months since I broke up with my lady friend and nearly 12 months since I moved to this unhappy place.. :(
Jay, I bet you will all have a great time up at the camp, wild woods but with all the comforts of home.. :D

Weather here as been mild and in the 50s f. rain mostly at night.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sunny, bright, 60s at the golf course.

Fried eggplant hors d’oeuvres, that is French uppity.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred,
May I correct you? Thanks, I’m going to anyway……….The favored food of the French is fried snails wrapped in a white surrender flag. Hey! I made that up! The only two things the French are known for is eating snails and surrendering.

GK,
You’re not alone bud…everyday I try to justify my existence………..goals have been reached, challenges met and liquidated, got rid of the vermin that tries to eat away at our S……..did you know that senior citizens are the number one age group that has rising drug and alcohol issues? The only problem with the alcohol issues is that your body can’t handle it the way it used to……yea, that S sucks……..party time without the party necessities…….if I drink more than 2 light beers I’m destroyed the next day so I leave it alone altogether…..because I have to….now it’s all a waiting game…..surrounded by vultures

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Six, my alcohol intake is now so low (I'm almost but not quite) tea total.... it's so boring here I have thought about taking up pipe smoking again, I used to enjoy it but probably couldn't afford it now as the UK government has taxed tobacco to death.

Them Vultures are crowding me more each day .... ☠️
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Watching some golf here. Colder than I like it to play.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You guys are not going to believe this but I have just bought a 16 gauge hammer gun for $92.00 plus postage :shock: it looks almost new, why it's so cheap I do not know but it's the same model I had before made in the USSR, they are built like tanks and have excellent barrels, something I do know about. If there is a catch then at this price I ain't going to worry much :D the gun is up north so they will send it to the only dealer I know down here.
No one wants side by sides anymore in England and Russian guns have a bad reputation with the gun snobs over here, double triggers plus hammers are far too complicated for todays shooters... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's great old buddy! I'm really happy for you.
Nobody in England wants doubles? It truly is the end times. I never would have thought.

We're supposed to head to camp today with the kids. Of course, it takes half the day to get everyone ready and going. It's like hearding weasels. We are supposed to get a bunch of snow this week. We'll see.......
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

There's never been a better time to pick up a side by side, it seems you have to have a single trigger plus multiple chokes to hit anything these days, pheasants and clay pigeons fly so much faster now that someone with a side by side hasn't got a chance its a bit like trying to shoot deer with a 30/30 :roll:

I got to get a gun safe now which will cost more than the gun and fit it without the antigun landlady finding out :? but I'm a happy bunny :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I do like the utility of screw in chokes (but hate myself for it). I detest single trigger, however, and will never waffle on my position. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Don't worry Jay I'm sure those screw in chokes solve a lot of problems you never knew you had.... :lol: I used to worry about choke and shot size but found over the years that whatever choke or shot size I was using was supposedly the wrong combination about half the time but the game bag got filled regardless. I do however load the right barrel with smaller shot than the left barrel, a habit I picked up gamekeeping, when I couldn't afford to let a rat or a fox escape.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I have found in my limited shotgun experience that the 16ga makes up for the wrong choke or shot size 90% of the time.
It's using the 20ga that it seems to matter most (for me). I struggle with anything under #6s, and seem to need a modified choke. Then my lack of skills rears its head. :D
Just like using 12ga seems to be too much no matter what shot or choke I choose. Lots of BBs in my birds.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The perfect solution, a double trigger 16 gauge.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yup they didn't call it a sweet 16 for nothing... :D The one thing that I don't understand is the trend to make smaller gauges to shoot the same loads as larger gauges. A lightly loaded 16 gauge will usually pattern far better than a heavily loaded one, to me THIS is the reason to BUY shotguns in EVERY gauge you can and only load them with cartridges originally designed for them. The worst patterning gun I ever had was a 20 gauge with 3" shells yet with less than an ounce it was deadly.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

All this shotgun talk I don’t understand…..I’m with Jethro Bodine from the Beverly Hillbillies……one time Mr Drysdale took Jed, Jethro, and Ellie May to the exclusive Beverly Hills Gun Club for a trap shoot…….Jethro was shooting clay birds with an 1892 Winchester and Ellie May was using a sling shot. Jethro even got doubles…

I’m down to 2 shotguns, both doubles….a Lefever and a Win. 24. Sold that real nice Ithaca I had.

I’ve been working on my hillbilly leaf vacuum…

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

870 20 ga 3” Express seems to be good for everything out here. Came with a mod choke, never had it out.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Just ordered a small gun safe that I can hide away it did cost more than the gun, checked my 16 gauge ammo and my gauge mate 16 to .410 adaptor. Just to let you know how things are in my part of the UK the police have asked for a photograph of the gun safe secured to the structure of my home usually the police send someone to inspect the security but here they are way behind, my ex has been issued two temporary gun licences and is still waiting for her renewal, they may be holding back because she has an evil pump action that is despised by the local police force. This is all because a nut job had his pump action shotgun confiscated but the police gave it back to him and he promptly went on a killing spree. Things are different in other parts of the UK but not very much better. … :roll:
The government doesn't just ban guns they just make you jump through so many hoops most folks just take up fishing or golf rather than buying a gun..
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Golf and guns here.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The more I think about it :idea: it was a good job the British made such a fuss of trying to take the Colonials guns from them otherwise there would probably have been no need of the 2nd amendment and you guys could have been in the same boat as me.... :? Probably the reason the Scottish invented golf... :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You make a good point
, in trial there can be progress. Golf gloves wear out.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

From what I read those Russian guns are like Stevens doubles are…….you can shoot and use them until the cows come home…….believe me, I’ve helped my in-laws more than a couple of dozen times trying to round up the cows……they don’t like to come home……

How much of a waiting period GK…6 months?…….I hate liberal government bureaucrats who think they know better……..just drill a few holes in an inconspicuous place and lag em in ……the old coot will never know.

Talk about miserable weather……….low forties, windy, rain…….can feel the dreaded winter making its way……..funny thing, when I was younger, the winter was my favorite season as there were less chores for me to do and more shooting time.

You cheap BAs.&&d!!!! Go buy some new gloves…….going to the golf course with holes in your gloves is like some celebrity walking the red carpet in jeans……..you have an image to keep up with!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Six, there's no waiting period in the UK I just have to wait on the postal service. I was hoping to find a gun a little closer so I could pick it up straight away.
I have had several different Russian shotguns in the past and they all performed perfectly, they are workhorses and built to last the one I have just bought was designed in 1903 hopefully mine is from the late 70s and I still can't believe I got it so cheap the last one I saw for sale was $376.00 and that is still cheap.

Weather here is high 40s and damp. I too loved the winter but now at this time of year I just dream of Arizona 🌵but I know the summers would kill me ☀️
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Why you got it so cheap?….mmmm…..let’s hope that the name “Rossi” was not ground out and restamped with a Russian name.🤣

Yea…screw that Arizona unless you don’t mind cooking your skin in the summer. One of the best kept secrets in this country is the Denver, Colorado area on the east side of the mountains…..cool summers, lots of sunshine and winters where you may get significant amounts of snow but it’s gone in a couple of days…..pretty good here too in s.e. Pa…..no earthquakes or other calamities, plenty of jobs and the best concentration of classic guns in the country that are not all beat up……

I was just outside taking the dog for a walk and it’s miserable, so miserable that after 30 minutes I called it a day.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A lot of UK shooters regard the Russian guns as junk and compared to more expensive guns they can look a bit rough but what I like is they go on working in the roughest conditions that means more to me than fancy Turkish walnut and fine engraving. I have seen a lot of very expensive shotguns come in for repairs and when I worked for Westley Richards that's all I ever worked on and as I said earlier the Russian shotguns I have had never let me down and never cost me much either :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, between tonight and tomorrow they are calling for almost a foot of snow at camp. Not a fan. I was hoping it would hold off cause I can get a lot done after freeze up if there's no snow.
I won't hunt in that weather, but the kid wants to so I will hang out at camp with the hot coffee and Wild Turkey.
Took a nice walk up there today up on the hill. Beautiful woods. Sometimes I can't believe it's mine.
When we got home tonight, the old man figured he'd better make some more jerky.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Man have you got it made... :mrgreen: I would have to win a lottery twice and still not have half of what you have, you yourself have created a little piece of heaven up there in Maine and that and family can not be just bought.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you my friend. I am truly blessed, and don't take any of it for granted.
You are welcome in my home and camp any time.

Well, we got here this morning and the kid headed for a stalk. We cut one set of tracks on the road heading in. He crossed over into the piece above camp by the look.
Dad and I are going to ride it out here at camp. Fire is going, coffee is on, don't get no better. I dont want a deer so bad as to run around in this! There is probably 4" down so far.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Looks like a great time for all of you. What is “the Old Man’s” jerky process?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:36 am Looks like a great time for all of you. What is “the Old Man’s” jerky process?
I will check when i get home. I can't remember off the top of my head. There are several ingredients in the marinate. We put it in a freezer bag, work it all in, and let it set for a day or so. Then it goes in the dehydrator.
If I don't get back with the recipe, remind me tonight buddy. I'm getting senile. :D
Some guys won't give theirs out. I don't get that. Insecurity is puzzling condition. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Just a guess, but most likely I’m right….the one who is having the most fun is the boy. He will remember his time spent with family and will become a gun man the rest of his days.

Give him the keys to that JD and let him play doing little stuff.

That snow looks nice…..you have any trouble with the Gladiator in that deep snow? 🥰

Our season starts Saturday ………but by the time I get up the 2 week season will be over….

Still working on my Kubota leaf vacuum set up….still waiting on 2 parts from Dr. Power. I believe there’s a reason for everything as in August I ordered 4 g’s worth of leaf vacuuming stuff from Kubota and they couldn’t get it so now I’m doing it all for around $300.

Thanksgiving….just another day here……my “boy” is 51 today….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey buddy! Tell your boy Happy Birthday from this old Maine hick. I think we have a lot in common. :D

That Gladiator is the best Jeep vehicle I've ever run in the snow. It came with Falken Wildpeak mud terrains. They are hands down the best mudder Ive ever run in snow. When they are gone, I'll put another set on, but in a 35".
I drive it in and out of camp till mid February last winter before I had to give up. That's without plowing or snowblowing at all. It was dicey on a few trips, but it went.