Texas Rangers!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Texas Rangers!

Post by Drawdown »

Texas Rangers just won their first World Series, and I love it! They're the only team in Major League Baseball that refused to designate a week to recognize "Tootie Frooties"!!!
That's a big deal this day and time, I salute em, appreciate em, owners, management, players, God Bless Texas! I know He did!
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Texas Rangers!

Post by jeepnik »

And here I thought this was about fine law enforcement instead of a bunch of over paid cry babies.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
veeman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by veeman »

I second that!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

The troonies seem to have an inordinate amount of power and influence, particularly in major cities across the country. They are pushing hard for more, to what end I can only guess.

I am always happy when someone doesn’t take the knee.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I'm just thrilled for the Rangers as well. One bad night and four good ones! 8)
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:29 am I'm just thrilled for the Rangers as well. One bad night and four good ones! 8)
Yeah they definitely outplayed Az. D'Back's pitcher was brilliant last night, but no follow through from the bull pen, AND Az left enough men on base to have won the game, but couldn't score. Rangers definitely outplayed them.

I would have preferred a 7 game series to prolong the season, but now I have to watch re-runs until stickball wakes up again...

still rooting for our Cubs . . . :wink:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Oh, "those" Texas Rangers (yawn... *) -- I was hoping this post was about the REAL ones; you know, them with guns!

Baseball lost its appeal to me when the Red Sox won the '67 Pennant but didn't win the series...

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

Grizz wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:06 am
Bill in Oregon wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:29 am I'm just thrilled for the Rangers as well. One bad night and four good ones! 8)
Yeah they definitely outplayed Az. D'Back's pitcher was brilliant last night, but no follow through from the bull pen, AND Az left enough men on base to have won the game, but couldn't score. Rangers definitely outplayed them.

I would have preferred a 7 game series to prolong the season, but now I have to watch re-runs until stickball wakes up again...

Feel same way, I actually told my neighbor I hope it goes 7 games! I love watching baseball, Lotta teams. I've been a lifetime fan of Cincinnati Reds, and in last 30 years the Braves especially. Me wife and 2 boys spent 6-7 summer vacations in Atlanta, primarily to watch 2-3 Braves games in 90's-2000's. My youngest was a baseball fanatic, pitcher & 3rd base all thru HS. Best years my life was then, I'd leave work running 3-5 times week get to his games. So special in spring-sumner, hot dog suppers at games. I miss that so much! Been a Rangers fan 2nd only to my Braves for several years, but when Rangers made that decision I became a bonifided Rangers Fan. Really kept up with that LFielder, Evan Carter, growed up not too far from here. 1sr class individual from all I've heard of people from his home town, Christian young man that's in it for right reasons! There's plenty yeah, that give em bad names, but just like any other, business, industry, military, whatever the way life, there's good people too that stand for the old American Way, too those I support! Our kids need these! Our country needs these! I don't name a group based upon the bad apples! Congratulate them in their God Given abilities when they live in them for God's Glory!

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Drawdown wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:36 pm

Feel same way, I actually told my neighbor I hope it goes 7 games! I love watching baseball, Lotta teams. I've been a lifetime fan of Cincinnati Reds, and in last 30 years the Braves especially. Me wife and 2 boys spent 6-7 summer vacations in Atlanta, primarily to watch 2-3 Braves games in 90's-2000's. My youngest was a baseball fanatic, pitcher & 3rd base all thru HS. Best years my life was then, I'd leave work running 3-5 times week get to his games. So special in spring-sumner, hot dog suppers at games. I miss that so much! Been a Rangers fan 2nd only to my Braves for several years, but when Rangers made that decision I became a bonifided Rangers Fan. Really kept up with that LFielder, Evan Carter, growed up not too far from here. 1sr class individual from all I've heard of people from his home town, Christian young man that's in it for right reasons! There's plenty yeah, that give em bad names, but just like any other, business, industry, military, whatever the way life, there's good people too that stand for the old American Way, too those I support! Our kids need these! Our country needs these! I don't name a group based upon the bad apples! Congratulate them in their God Given abilities when they live in them for God's Glory!
Hey Thanks for this. I am a Cubs fan because Dad and Mom took me to Wrigley Field before I was born. Mom died with her Cubs ball cap on. We only have over the air tv and don't get most ball games, BUT there was a channel broadcasting triple A games, I really like that. Almost no BS over the mike, just good game calling, right atmosphere, the way it used to be. I get so tired of listening to "announcers" bloviating that i shut off the tv sound and listen to the radio broadcast!! My daughter and SIL bought a house in Phoenix, I might be able to cruise down for some practice games . . .

Thanks again, grizz
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

Grizz wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:10 pm
Drawdown wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:36 pm

Hey Thanks for this. I am a Cubs fan because Dad and Mom took me to Wrigley Field before I was born. Mom died with her Cubs ball cap on. We only have over the air tv and don't get most ball games, BUT there was a channel broadcasting triple A games, I really like that. Almost no BS over the mike, just good game calling, right atmosphere, the way it used to be. I get so tired of listening to "announcers" bloviating that i shut off the tv sound and listen to the radio broadcast!! My daughter and SIL bought a house in Phoenix, I might be able to cruise down for some practice games . . .

Thanks again, grizz
I understand completely! My story kinda similar, dad took us to, my first Reds game anyways, to old Crosley Field, last year reds played in it, ?1970 I think? But I'll not get into details, just personal good times! Lotta young kids dreaming same good things they want to experience, but the ugly bad covers up the big good things too much! Our kids getting robbed more and more! But share the good! When I was raised, biggest part of education was front porch stories from parents, grandparents, friends neighbors! Kids need to hear the good, dwindling it may be, but it's still here! My dad WWll Marine, Granddad WWl Army. When they overseas, only good things they had was keeping up with news from home, and baseball was one the tops of list! That's just a small example, but truth it is! Not everyone baseball fan, that's fine, but everyone gotta have hope of good! Exhort the good!

"Better drawdown Alvin!"