field/bbq holster for new model Python?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

field/bbq holster for new model Python?

Post by Streetstar »

A few months ago i procured a new model Python 3" -- its been living mostly in a foam lined Pelican style case ever since, but it really needs to live outside a bit

I have read threads about El Paso Saddlery now being somewhat hit or miss so i was writing to see if there were any good alternatives? --- i purchased the engraved model so was wanting a holster , basic duty style or a Tom Threepersons style -- maybe a belt as well, with a bit of flash , like a fleur de lis or at least basket weave design that wouldnt take 3 years to get . I am taking an educated guess that the Python is close to an L Frame in size.

Have came across some stock holsters but usually in 4" so im thinking the 3" will have to be a custom or semi-custom

thanks in advance for any recommendations
----- Doug
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: field/bbq holster for new model Python?

Post by jeepnik »

I tend to go with custom made holsters. It takes longer and costs more but it’s usually worth it.

If you do want production level, Simply Rugged has some fairly nice basket weaving and carving available.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I have a Bob Mernickle for my 4.25" Python. I have been very happy with it and use it and the Colt a fair amount. I also have one for my 4.75" Colt SAA and have been happy with that one too. Delivery was within 8 weeks for both.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

There are a lot of very cheap holster makers on Etsy. Some aren't bad, and some are horrid.

However... there are also some very talented custom holster makers. They charge accordingly, but they are worth it.