CeeZee 222.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

CeeZee 222.

Post by Nath »

I picked up a cz 527 in 222 a couple of weeks ago complete with suppressor but could I get it to shoot, no!
I bought with the barrel off the stock by a good amount but then noticed there was no pillar post for the forward screw so made one.
IMG_20230926_204540.jpg
Then I noticed a witness mark on the bolt where that was touching timber so removed the timber and resealed that.
Still not shooting very well I thought I better take a closer look at the muzzle.
Yep, badly corroded, someone had been leaving the suppressor on!
So I polished it up and tested again.
IMG_20230924_065831.jpg
It shot better and I knew I found the main issue.

I nearly chopped the thread off and disregard the suppressor but had ago at counter boring the bad out.
IMG_20230925_101133.jpg
It worked.
IMG_20230929_062941_744.jpg
Last night it took a fox at 190 paces so the I guess I can chalk another rifle up as fixed.
IMG_20231001_202602.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: CeeZee 222.

Post by GunnyMack »

That will do fine.
From the amount of crud I'd say that was neglected for a long time.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:54 am That will do fine.
From the amount of crud I'd say that was neglected for a long time.
Yes sir. The rifle is only about 20 years old and it's not shot much at all.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Glad you got this sorted, Nath. I had no idea leaving a suppressor on had anything to do with barrel/muzzle condition. That wonderful little .222 made its place in the world as a darned fine benchrest cartridge, so it is supposed to shoot!
(See, here in the Colonies, our goobermint is frightened to the point of hysteria by suppressors ... v :lol: :cry: )
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:04 am Glad you got this sorted, Nath. I had no idea leaving a suppressor on had anything to do with barrel/muzzle condition. That wonderful little .222 made its place in the world as a darned fine benchrest cartridge, so it is supposed to shoot!
(See, here in the Colonies, our goobermint is frightened to the point of hysteria by suppressors ... v :lol: :cry: )
Thanks Bill.
Suppressors on 22's is fine because the bullet lube coats everything. Hence why most folk think it's fine for a center fire and it probably is if you are rattling off a few rounds so everything gets hot but not the odd shot on a cold night and then entering a warm home!
Our suppressors have to be an entry on our license. There is talk of that being no longer required! If so it will be a miracle!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

The CZ 527 is a fine rifle glad you got it back to it's fine form Nath... 8) the foxes won't be so pleased though.. :?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:12 am The CZ 527 is a fine rifle glad you got it back to it's fine form Nath... 8) the foxes won't be so pleased though.. :?
Thanks John.
Best wishes 🙏.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I wish they still made the 527. Nice looking rifle.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Suppressors sure can help consistency and accuracy, but can alter point of impact vs when removed, and can indeed trap moisture and even could cause galvanic action if the wrong metals were adjacent and moist.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Putting it through its paces....
https://youtu.be/3J4Q-3oxgcs?si=vLRvlcQTjEXXihLl
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!