I can't remember......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

I can't remember......

Post by Ray »

just who it was who turned me on to this outfit..... https://www.bearcreeksupplybullets.com/bulletselection

But I know I read about them here.....

They are great, but with one caveat, they aren't set-up for online ordering as yet.....you have to call them.

I am thinking about ordering either this for slaying tree stumps and fallen logs and pizza boxes. B U T, I might be tempted to shoot a whitetail if one is close and broadside and stands still long enough.....

https://www.bearcreeksupplybullets.com/38swc158gr

Or this

https://www.bearcreeksupplybullets.com/38fp158

The coating negates the need for lube but the one in the second link at least has a groove to smear a bit if needed.

Your thoughts/advises ?
m.A.g.a. !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I can't remember......

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Wow! They even have a 390-grain greaser for the .44-77! Thanks for the heads-up, Ray.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I have shot a lot of their bullets in .380, 9mm, .44 Magnum, .45-70 and in the Lazarus .38 S&W that was resurrected. All good stuff. I am old enough I like calling and talking to a living breathing person when I order something. :D
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

That 158gr FP looks like a pretty well designed slug. If it was me, I would get that one as it looks like it would work well in a revolver or a levergun!!

Had a Rem 7400 in 35 Whelen at one time. Shot some powder coated bullets thru it and it shot fairly well, almost as good as factory stuff, but I tried a few boolits that were powder coated and some with lube in the groove and some without. About 2" @100yds for the plain slugs, but the ones with a bit of lube added cut that to 1.25-1.5".

So, try them both ways and see how they shoot. Some plain and maybe some with a thin coating of LLA (Lee liquid alox). I thin mine with mineral spirits about 8/1 ms/lla
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

I picked up 500 of some of their 32 caliber for the 327 Magnum a couple years ago at Raton. Haven't had a chance to load them up yet, and I can't remember which reference they were. They look like a decent bullet, but so far no experience with them other than the purchase. :lol: One of the guys brought a bunch and was selling them with proceeds going to the organization. They've got a solid reputation with the folks I know who use them.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

They are not the normal powder coating that a lot of people are doing. Apparently they have their own proprietary coating .. seems to have graphite on the surface. Mic McPherson speaks highly of them. In the 9mm I found my loads with their 125 gr. RN bullet to be more accurate than with the Berry's 124 gr. plated RN bullet.
bear creek.jpg
IMG_2139.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

You all don't have to sell me on them, I'm already a satisfied customer. I just wanted opinions on which of the two (above links) to buy for .38 special and midrange .357 loads (.38 +p maximums in .357 cases).
m.A.g.a. !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Heck Ray that's an easy one, get em both! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:28 am Heck Ray that's an easy one, get em both! :lol:
thumbsup.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I've been using them for years and they are first rate both in product and services. I like being able to talk to a real person rather than the computer to ensure that they actually have things in stock as well as complementing their products and services so that they realize that they are appreciated (which may help get speedy delivery).

I use their .357 cal. 158 grn (both types you mentioned but I settled on the second one I use now) and 180 grn bullets, .40 cal. 155, 180 and 200 grn bullets, 45 acp 200 and 230 grn bullets and .45 Colt cal. 205 and 255 grn bullets. I've also been considering trying some of their 170 grn 30 WCF bullets in my 30-30. I found that the coating is durable and doesn't leave any residue in the barrel after a range session.

I've never seen the need for any additional lube and I shoot the .357 mag, and .45 Colt mostly out of my leverguns. I've also had great luck with the .40 cal out of my Ruger carbine as well. All of them are first rate and economical to shoot.

I recommend them highly.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

Thunderstick Trading in Tucson carries Bear Creek bullets, it's where I "discovered" them the first time. There aren't many outfits that still make bullets for .43 Mauser, which I haven't purchased yet but need to give them a call about. I do know that their 170 grain 30-30 bullet works nice over Unique.
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

I've used thousands of Bear Creek bullets. I'll second their proprietary coating being the best I have used. I'm currently loading their 180 grain 40 caliber SWC (scales about 184) to 1065 fps in a Springfield XDM and getting 50 yard groups like this; and yes, I'll eat the flier.

People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

That's some very fine shooting, Sarge. Well done. Those XDs are very capable handguns, and affordable, too.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sounds like some place to check out.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost