Half Million Year Old Structure Found???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Half Million Year Old Structure Found???

Post by COSteve »

If true, this has got to put the scientific world on it's ear!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-66846772
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
JimT
Shootist

Re: Half Million Year Old Structure Found???

Post by JimT »

What if humans appeared on the earth, intelligent, innovative, and adaptable? What if perhaps they didn't have to spend a million years banging rocks together to learn to make fire? The current accepted theory seems to be that it takes a long time to evolve and change and learn. What if that is really not the case?
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

JimT wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:28 pm What if humans appeared on the earth, intelligent, innovative, and adaptable? What if perhaps they didn't have to spend a million years banging rocks together to learn to make fire? The current accepted theory seems to be that it takes a long time to evolve and change and learn. What if that is really not the case?
as long they leave my wood alone, i be ok. :wink:
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

I always get a kick out of these "experts" that are locked into their own biases. What makes them think early hominids were stupid? They populated the world with limited tech. They must have done something right.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

JimT wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:28 pm What if humans appeared on the earth, intelligent, innovative, and adaptable? What if perhaps they didn't have to spend a million years banging rocks together to learn to make fire?
Seeing what's happening in recent times, the idea that they started out smart and got dumber and dumber isn't that far fetched.
Slow is just slow.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

cas wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:38 pm
JimT wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:28 pm What if humans appeared on the earth, intelligent, innovative, and adaptable? What if perhaps they didn't have to spend a million years banging rocks together to learn to make fire?
Seeing what's happening in recent times, the idea that they started out smart and got dumber and dumber isn't that far fetched.
I would not argue against that.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

If the scripture is 500,000 years old, wouldn't that blow the timelines of religions out of the water too? :lol:
Click Click Boom
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

The err date....is that the date it was made or when the tree grew?
My rifle is made from elements billions of years old etc. So just how old is it.....
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Gobblerforge wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:09 am If the scripture is 500,000 years old, wouldn't that blow the timelines of religions out of the water too? :lol:
The written scriptures (what has been found) can be dated pretty close .. but what you bring up is an interesting point. Much of the scripture was oral tradition before they were written down. No one knows how old those parts really are and there is no way to date them.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I believe that Ya* dictated the scriptures to Moses during the wilderness journey. Spirit has no dimensions or restrictions or constrictions as we know them, and spirit is not subject to or affected by time, or gravity, or anything in the created world.

The idea that "simple nomads" are stupid is stupidity personified by the "experts" who are constantly amazed when facts unearth themselves. The fact that Otzi could prosper with the kit he carried defies logic, implies specific and accurate knowledge,
and very few humans raised in our context could do what he did, except get murdered.

Jesus said to not forbid little children to come to him. The exact opposite of what is happening to little children every day in our
country . . . One purpose of scripture is to make it possible for the children to make it into Christ's sheepfold by "believing on his name".

*Ja or Ya is short for YHWH, which is our heavenly Father's actual name. between the two forms this occurs over 8000 times in the scriptures inspired by Christ's Holy Spirit. God is actually not a personal name but rather an office, similar I suppose to calling someone pastor, or president. Isaiah 42:8 the one who is God declares his name to be YHWH, something like Yaweh . . . the 'J' sound is injected from old to middle english, and might not have existed in the live hebrew language. It is a form of the verb 'to be'.

What does any of this coffee fueled verbiage have to do with the age of a log? Nothing. That's the point. The age of a log has nothing to do with the Good News that Christ came to reveal. The bad news? It will all be adjudicated justly in the End.

Truth is binary, a plus OR a minus, a 1 OR a 0. He holds the whole world in his hands, (metaphorically speaking), or he does not. He owns our souls, or he does not. I am encouraged to know that it is impossible for our Father to lie. Let's get together in a hundred years and compare notes, OK?

grizz
at the cross

t
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

This is funny and I am sorry for the left turn but my fuzzy glasses and little writing read scripture and not sculpture. :lol: In that I have tried to understand some of the written timelines of religions and my mind exploded with 500,000 number. Now for the real title, I have always thought man was a lot older than given credit for and a lot smarter. It's just that erosion and other natural forces wiped the slate clean. I suspect if man left the earth today there would be practically no remains of my house in a half million years.
Click Click Boom
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Grizz wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:18 am I believe that Ya* dictated the scriptures to Moses during the wilderness journey. Spirit has no dimensions or restrictions or constrictions as we know them, and spirit is not subject to or affected by time, or gravity, or anything in the created world.

The idea that "simple nomads" are stupid is stupidity personified by the "experts" who are constantly amazed when facts unearth themselves. The fact that Otzi could prosper with the kit he carried defies logic, implies specific and accurate knowledge,
and very few humans raised in our context could do what he did, except get murdered.

Jesus said to not forbid little children to come to him. The exact opposite of what is happening to little children every day in our
country . . . One purpose of scripture is to make it possible for the children to make it into Christ's sheepfold by "believing on his name".

*Ja or Ya is short for YHWH, which is our heavenly Father's actual name. between the two forms this occurs over 8000 times in the scriptures inspired by Christ's Holy Spirit. God is actually not a personal name but rather an office, similar I suppose to calling someone pastor, or president. Isaiah 42:8 the one who is God declares his name to be YHWH, something like Yaweh . . . the 'J' sound is injected from old to middle english, and might not have existed in the live hebrew language. It is a form of the verb 'to be'.

What does any of this coffee fueled verbiage have to do with the age of a log? Nothing. That's the point. The age of a log has nothing to do with the Good News that Christ came to reveal. The bad news? It will all be adjudicated justly in the End.

Truth is binary, a plus OR a minus, a 1 OR a 0. He holds the whole world in his hands, (metaphorically speaking), or he does not. He owns our souls, or he does not. I am encouraged to know that it is impossible for our Father to lie. Let's get together in a hundred years and compare notes, OK?

grizz
at the cross

t
Amen 👍🏻
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!