Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

Well, I didn't follow it at all, other than what was said here.
The fact remains IMO, however, that he made fools out of them. It seems that it's that way in many of these cases.

On the sights...
With a properly mounted, quality red dot, there is little to no peripheral obstruction. This is the reason for Jeff Cooper's promotion of the scout rifle/scope. You can keep your situational awareness, on the same plane of vision as everything else. This is the reason for little to no magnification.
You actually don't focus or look at the dot or instrument at all, you focus on the target with both eyes open. The quick test to see if you are using a red dot correctly os to leave the frint lens cap on. It wont matter at all in its use if you keep both eyes open.The speed with a red dot comes from not having to have any critical alignment of sights or placement of your eye in relation to the instrument. With zero magnification there is no parallax.
Now...on a well lit, stationary target, the advantage is somewhat lessened. However, on a MOVING or dimly lit target, it's no contest.
Depending on the size or configuration of the dot, distance will start to impact the amount of advantage. While a dot doesn't aid in target identification, neither do irons.
Now, this is all my opinion, but there are many who agree. And, as I said, no bigger fan of irons could I be. But I have to be honest with myself, dots and scout scopes work very well for practical applications. And, as I said, I'm sure age us having an effect.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You won 221 on post 11,000
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I can’t believe this S……local news is treating the 400+ cops like heroes…….too many press conferences to count……even the dog is collecting gifts and donations amounting to $50,000…..for real, no b.s……..the dog caught the guy, not the cops. This little beaner drove an all white refrigerated van that he stole with the keys in it and the van was IN the sealed perimeter zone……then….right through the gauntlet of cops to get to his second destination and no one noticed…….I seen it, road blocks everywhere with at least two cop cars stationed at the intersections…….

I have never been so dismayed at law enforcement……seriously, the balls have been cut off the males in L.E. and the females, well, they don’t have any business in field operation L.E.

Jay wins…….I’m all out of gifts, maybe OS can provide something, must be something he can collect off the sidewalks….🥵
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That rifle he stole, in the UK the police would have gone after the owner of the stolen rifle and he would have lost his licence and his guns :o
I see the guy who had his boots stolen wants them back.... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. They're calling em heros today.....they'll be screaming to defund then tomorrow. That's why I don't watch the news. It's all BS. Lies and BS.
And mark my words, they'll be talking about money in no time. Gotta grow the system, after all.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, you might say this fellow got away for a while but if OW wanted to disappear in Maine I think you would have a tough time finding him.

There have been a number of cases of people eluding searches for extended periods, longer than this guy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

There’s places right here I know I could disappear. Me and “The Gunny” were looking at places in Elk County where there’s 40 sq miles of nothing…..not even dirt roads. Billy the drunk told me about this homeless guy who was living for years in a half acre spot that was a triangle in I-95. The only way they found him was because he had this huge collection of shopping carts, something like 200 of them…..ya know, Maine ain’t the only place this things happen at. Knowing the state of Delaware they probably set him up in a $400K house.

I was over Billy the Drunks house last week and we had quite a laugh fest……2 o’clock in the afternoon and he hardly knew his own name. But he sure does have a nice Buick Grand National. He said he only drives it when he’s sober which is about once a month for a couple of hours.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well. Freakin Friday again! How does this happen? I tell ya, this working 3 days a week is really getting in the way. I just have too much to do.

Well, I'm finally going to see what all the hype is about. For 30 years, all ive heard is how magical Amsoil is. For many years, you couldn't get it in a store and had to go though people that were "dealers". It was also WAY more expensive than anything else. I finished the case of Mobil 1 V-Twin I was using. I had been running this in my bike for about 8 years. I used to run the Harley oil, but had to drive 50 miles one way to get it. PIA.
I noticed this summer that the Advance Auto here in town sells Amsoil. And now everything else has gone up so much that it's only a couple bucks a quart more, so......
We'll see what all the fuss is about. I'm betting not much, but I know some engine builders claim that at teardown they can tell the engines that have run it.
Probably try it in my trail bike too. It only holds 1 quart. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Have used both Mobil 1 and Amsoil. Doubt if you will see a difference. Any difference is small and both are way beyond what is required.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sound familiar :?:
2716f930e3a92a76904534ca1b945854ad18ae69f6232d0f281edddc6d8c17fd_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks OS. Yeah, I figured. I don't put many miles on an oil change anyway. It's usually a seasonal change. Once a year.

An outlaw cow! Thank God she wasn't armed. This is why we need gun control.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Cold and wet today, this is the weirdest summer.

I just picked up a very inexpensive pocket knife, I think you can get them for about $12 bucks in the states, although it's a made in China Rough Rider and won't become a family heirloom it will do what I want it for plus with our knife laws you never know when it may have to be dropped down the nearest drain.
RR182__53440.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ok. Here is the winner of the 2023 redneck Olympics.
My buddy sent me the FB Marketplace add of a guy selling a John Deere 8 backhoe mounted to a Geo Tracker. The Tracker and backhoe are fully functional.
I raise my Allen's Coffee Brandy to this guy!

Not a bad looking knife buddy. Hope you don't have to drop it in a drain.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gotta love custom built vehicles.....that one looks pretty functional :D

No doubt Six will tell be to drop it down a drain asap and buy a Buck instead of Chinese junk.... :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That’s a great idea! I do see an issue with frontal weight though. What a nice peasant day….low humidity. for a change

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Stormy here. Lots of wind and showers. Got some limbs down. I've no doubt all my trail work at camp has been erased. :x
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

63f and heavy rain but only blowing a slight breeze. ☔
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Another perfect day…60…….no wind and all sunshine……..supposed to be like this for another week accept for a slight chance of rain tomorrow.

I tell ya, there’s nothing like putting a razor edge of the blades on your lawn machine……..it comes out looking like a golf course. But the sharpness only lasts one cutting and after that it’s back to “butter knife sharp” which is what they recommend…

That’s all…nothing happening…..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Beautiful day here today. Of course, it doesn't matter for me, cause I gotta be back in prison tonight.
Been a nice day to take a bike ride. Boy, it's sure getting dark early now. Starting to feel the pressure to get stuff done.
I gotta take Kristy's Grand Cherokee up for new tires this week. Hopefully get some stuff done at camp.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea…give the girl a thrill and put some 37’s on it……

We had a bit of rain but it’s all done now.

Got moms Jeep inspected and waiting for my new vanity Classic tag to come in for mine…5RUBI…..

Gonna transfer my old tag SIXGUN to moms Jeep to keep it from a low life snagging it.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha 37s on her GC........

There's a story there.
Years ago, Kristy had this sweet 97 XJ Cherokee. It was white (her favorite color), and was the Country edition. At the time, they were more expensive than a GC. It was loaded, had leather, special honeycomb wheels, and had a Grand Cherokee transfer case with the full time selection (NV242). These transfers weren't available in the XJ.
Anyway, the tires were getting down and it had these little wimpy car tires on it. I told her I could save us some cash cause I had a set of 31x10.50x15 mudders out in the back garage that weren't mounted on anything (they were briefly on my 99 TJ before I traded it for my Rubicon).
She thought that sounded good.
As you know, XJs are pretty tight fendered, so there was no way those tires were gonna fit. Especially with those sweet stock rims. So I ordered a small lift for it and slapped it on. Then I got those tires mounted and all was well. That is, until all three boys were in the back seat. Then I got some contact with the rear fender.
"No problem", I says. I took it down to Harry J. Smith's in Waterville and had a custom leaf made and added to each side. It was perfect. It sat great, cleared those mudders, and looked so freakin awesome!
Of course, then went the car like ride, the turning radius was cut down a little, and those mudders howled like all get out. About a week later, we had to drive to Massachusetts. And boy I tell you, by the time we got home, the missus was some sick of listening to those mudders howl.
There and then, I was informed I would NOT be projecting out any more of her vehicles. Period.
She may be small.......but she's freakishly strong. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That GC looks very cool……Id like to see some 35’s on her BMW……..I tell ya, you’re living large……..yea, mudders howl……mom used to tell me she knew I was nearing home a half mile away…..even the dogs would jump on the couch well in advance.

Quite a lot of lead flying in Philly tonight…..6 dead…..and no loss to society……few stabbings too after their ammo supply ran out.

[url=
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes! Like freakin Chicago.
Kristy sold her BMW to a friend of ours son back in 2018. She had 2. A 2006 she had until 2012, and a 2011 she had till 2018. She went back to Jeep wagons in 2018.
This was her last one.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Whoa dude…..your girl has class….red too……….and you?🤣

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yup. She's "local famous". :D
Me......? Nope. No class here. Just an old hick simpleton.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

These tires are too loud and notice the custom golf ball dent in the back door.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Better pic

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Loud? Oh, come on! :D

Did the cow make the dent? Now you're having him for lunch?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sheeeeeeeetttt…..jay and I could take out the inner fender and pop that out, little sanding and some Rustoleum paint and you’d never know.

That must have been one heck of a whack……in fact, I’d go as far as saying you may be mistaken as the angle shows it came from the top down when the velocity is lowest………I think you were messing with some other players wife and he whacked your Jeep with a #2 iron.🤣

I like the pretzel. They all should be made like that and I also see you were at Jays house and stole his Harley lighter….no, I take that back……they still have wooden matches…….

Raining here….light rain…..low sixties.

Where did you get that Colt Cobra? I had one exactly like it, even the serial number and ain’t seen it since Jay left.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What’s that other Harley thing, a money clip? We still use rubber bands here….for real, the rubber bands that come from asparagus. Cash, drivers license and weapons permit……nothing else except my MUT tool in the other pocket…….I live simple.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ball came through the net at the driving range top down correct. The Smith was made 10/52.

Next I will get quiet tires.

And downtown Lancaster a few years back

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I like those old pictures as it shows people had little extra time on their hands….life was hard but they slept better than we do today. If you colorized that picture it could be mistaken for the many small towns in Maine today, in modern times. There’s a picture of me in my crib that was taken when I was about a year old and my mom had the crib outside. In the background were cars of the day and one of them is a Model A Ford, which was only 20 or so years old.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. The good ole days.
Six in a crib!? I figured it was like Cornville today. They don't have any cribs. They just put em in an ammo crate with a burlap bag for a blanket. When they're old enough, you put them on a run between the well and the wood shed. In Cornville, the parents are real careful. They don't let them off leash to run the woods till they're 3.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, you are young, not time for the old guy stories for at least 7 years. Friends here doing it with 80s stories but this is Cali.

Maine/New England houses 300+ and that is nothing, nothing in Jolly Olde. ;-)

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay…..look at that picture of Fred with the fancy shirt and tie….I may have worn a tie 3 times in my life….oh! I’m sorry, do you know what a tie is?.

Really nice weather tonight……60, no wind and 50% humidity………….me and mom were at Chick filet this afternoon…….I was behind a State Trooper waiting in line ….in the car line drive through…….I was sucking down a hard strawberry seltzer……..

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That is my wedding reception at the Silver Dollar Saloon. There was a short cue if you were caught over by that water heater.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, this ain't no lie boys. I know I do a lot of hackin on here, but this is true.
I think there MAY be a tie in my closet somewhere. If there is, I'm pretty sure it is tied but loosened. I don't have the foggiest idea how to tie a necktie. Not a clue. I really don't have any good dress up clothes. You know, like a suit. But, like the lovely Kristy pointed out, I'm going to have to get some. I'm old enough where the people I know are gonna start dying off, so they'll be a lot of funerals.

Well, I got new tires on Kristy's GC yesterday. There's just nothing like new tires. That first 10k miles on fresh tires is one of the best feelings. Like new socks. She just shakes her head and gives me a weird look.
She's a lucky woman. :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahaha you read my mind OS! I was wondering about that water heater. I thought it looked close.
Neckties are handy if you have to check your oil a lot. Up here, we got a lot of oil burners and leakers. A tie with a lot of oil on it is a status symbol. Means you're a thorough and careful sort, who takes care of things, and is responsible. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I had to wear a necktie for work but on retirement most of darn things were thrown out and only now after seeing Jay's post I realise they had a useful purpose :lol:

OS my first wife bought me a USAF pilot survival knife with the sharpening stone on the sheath, skinned a fox with it when I didn't have my skinning knife with me, tough little knife but not the best for skinning.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ties :o

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

All that fancy talk about ties……like Jay, I have no suits…well, I do but they don’t fit me as they are most likely 40 years old……

Jay, everything is casual now….you can be a Senator and go to the Capital with shorts and a hoodie like our Senator does…..so, if you have to go somewhere nice, just wear a newish pair of jeans, a freshly pressed flannel shirt and your work boots but spray paint ‘‘em first…..glossy black and people will think your uppity…

For real, dressing up is old fashioned…..used to be you needed a shirt and tie to get on a plane….
Now people get on with just their underwear.

In GK land people still have class so this only applies to we yanks.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I played pool in the Silver Dollar Saloon in Jackson Hole but I was smart enough to get a table away from the water heater.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, there isn’t another table. You would have to do that here by managing the cue ball.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Armed entry to neighboring office.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh Lordy…..what’s become of this country? Law and order?…..only if you have money that the “officials” can take.

When I was at the Silver Dollar Saloon it was around 1998 and there were at least 6 tables….didn’t have to cue ball to get a table nor stick our .50 cents behind the next guy on the table above the sliding slot…..maybe it was a quarter in those days……I’m guessing you were there about 1970.

Fred, I’m running out of energy…..fixed the pressure washer with some new “O” rings, made a new “L” bracket to hang the new pressure washer hose on…..(I don’t buy these things, I make ‘em….simple…cut out the metal, heat it up, make some bends on the vise, and drill in the brick for an expanding lead fitting.) Cut the grass on #3 and I’m beat….( have the yard divided into 4 sections and #3 is the easiest, only about a half acre.)

No laughs at all the entire day……mom’s mad at me…as usual……I got out of bed around noon and thinking mom was in the kitchen, I blasted a level 3 (about 80 decibels) ….and she told me to “get the F out of the house and take your stupid dog with you.—-006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man, I've had it. Up to camp all day ditching the road with the tractor. When we got there, there was tons of water running down the road. That ain't good. By the time we left......none! You wouldn't think that was work sitting on the tractor, but I'm wiped. Dad broke in our new brush saw brushing out the road, I got him to run the saw a little, and he got my truck stuck. Not a bad day. :D
Got home, jumped in the shower, and met the oldest boy and his GF down at the brewery for dinner. He's back from 2 weeks in Japan, so he wanted to see us and tell us about his trip.

Thankfully, I'm back in my recliner.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea bro…..ya can’t get stuck with a loader on……….I won’t venture in a soggy area without the loader on as even with 4 wheel drive those tires will sink…….it’s happened more thuan once for me where I had to get the Rubicon to pull me out…….then there was three hours of pressure washing to get them both clean.

I’ve had it where the I had the loader buried and pushing me backwards and just barely made it out…

One time I had to go in the house and eat 7 cans of black beans and blast my way back onto solid ground.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

What’s with the house across the street…..leftover from 1906?…

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Looks like it is melting but that is just a facade of large carved styrofoam blocks attached to the front.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You Californians! Hey! I won! Let’s see…mmmmmmmm……forget it…I don’t want nothing……I don’t get nothing anyway so why bother asking.

It’s been three years and Pitchy still has his tongue stuck to his tractor and no one rescued him. Poor guy, must be hell trying to down a rum and coke……

I have to climb up a 20’ ladder tomorrow and then build steps on the big branch to get another 14’ so I can lop off about 1,000 lbs of overhanging branches so if you don’t hear from me, don’t bother……..I got the new ladder I bought last month and set it up this afternoon and roped it to the tree and made me a harness to keep from falling if the branches swing down my way as I’m cutting which I expect them to do…..my “buddy” tree surgeon quoted me $25-3500 as he said he will need a cherry picker……sheeeeeeeettttt…..I’ll do it for the cost of a charge on the battery of the chain saw……