Pocket Pistols

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Pocket Pistols

Post by JimT »

IMG_6001.JPG
IMG_6004.JPG
IMG_6005.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Pocket Pistols

Post by Ray »

In my lunchbox at work. The magnum has first two chambers loaded with cci shot for bats in the overhead and snakes under the chemical tanks.
IMG_20230913_183720758~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Ray wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:51 pm In my lunchbox at work. The magnum has first two chambers loaded with cci shot for bats in the overhead and snakes under the chemical tanks.

IMG_20230913_183720758~2.jpg
Darn Ray, sounds like you faced the same problems I did before I retired. What do you do?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

My pocket pistol.
flightsimmer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by flightsimmer »

Out of all of my many choices and I do mean many, I have settled on my S&W 642 for a pocket carry gun.
It never gets in my way but it's always there.
During cooler weather when I am wearing a "T" shirt under my regular shirt I carry it in a Steve McQueen "Bullet movie" shoulder holster and I leave one button undone so that I can just reach in and have instant access to it in any position that I happen to be in.
I have it loaded with Hornady, Critical Defense ammo designed specifically for snub barrel guns and I carry a flat pocket reload in another pocket just in case.
It makes me happy.
10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.
If possible, so much as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Rom 12:18
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Jim,

It looks like our pockets have gotten much smaller over the years.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:18 am Jim,

laughing.JPG
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Sig Sauer P238 .380, in a Galco pocket holster. Never leave home without it.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:29 am
Scott Tschirhart wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:18 am Jim,

laughing.JPG

looks like the gun makers have adapted . . .
Screenshot 2023-09-14 133734 tiny.png
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

20181114_191047.jpg
It's not mine but I think it qualifies?
It's a .22 cap & ball. A buddy of mine got it from an estate. Supposedly it was kind of a demo gun , made for a salesman to show the skills of the company. As far as we know it is unfired.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

GunnyMack wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:52 pm 20181114_191047.jpg
It's not mine but I think it qualifies?
It's a .22 cap & ball. A buddy of mine got it from an estate. Supposedly it was kind of a demo gun , made for a salesman to show the skills of the company. As far as we know it is unfired.
That’s really cool!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Even the nipples are scaled down, the caps are TINY- can't imagine having to make them so we could shoot it!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Extremely cool (that .22-cal Walker). 8) 8) 8)

Jim, is the brass-framed cap & ball a .31-caliber? Looks like a ASM baby dragoon.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Yes. It's a .31 ... Not sure which model it is supposed to be. It's a 1970's Italian import. Belonged to my father-in-law. When he passed no one in the family wanted it so I took it. He shot it now and then and enjoyed it. It is a fun little popper. Not sure it will break 600 fps but it makes a mighty roar.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'm taking a guess on the manufacturer. Colt made them with and without loading levers, but never in an all brass frame (that's a modern, or well, a 20th-century import design). The Baby Dragoon's had the square-back trigger guard of the Walker, 1st and 2nd Model Dragoons (as well as one of the 1851 iterations).
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

jnyork wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:30 pm Sig Sauer P238 .380, in a Galco pocket holster. Never leave home without it.
ME too -- fairly typical EDC

----- Doug
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jim, after watching the Mark Hubbs/Eras Gone Youtube on the .31's penetration capabilities, I would not feel poorly armed with one -- and I would dread bein gon the receiving end.
Might have seen the link here a couple of years ago, but for a refresher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VknxDTbw4QE
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:09 pm Jim, after watching the Mark Hubbs/Eras Gone Youtube on the .31's penetration capabilities, I would not feel poorly armed with one -- and I would dread bein gon the receiving end.
Might have seen the link here a couple of years ago, but for a refresher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VknxDTbw4QE
My little sister carried one for years. One day a guy who was intent on getting her to join him in some place approached her pickup and invited her in. She said, "No thanks." and went to start the truck. He came up on put one hand on the open window and the other on the door handle. She pulled the hammer back on the .31 and stuck it in his belly. He wasn't wearing a shirt and she said he went white all the way to the belt line. And backed up rapidly.

She has been known to pull a pistol fairly quickly at times.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Jim, good on your sister!

I always carry, for the last year or so its been a Ruger sp 101 in a back pocket holster, a S&W 642 was
in my back pocket for maybe 15 years, it has the worst trigger of any gun ive ever had, but for snakes or what it was built for it didnt really matter, had a Ruger LCP but it was just to small for me, prefer a revolver

Brad
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

08025694.png
my pocket 38 hiding under a 3x5 card
the wrangler will go into a back pocket, but the hammer
makes it a slow proposition to retrieve

grizz
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

It does fit in a jeans pocket.
Though mostly this goes in my pocket.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Looks good Jeep . . .

I can get a 380 in all the jeans pockets and each boot and 1 in the holster for 49 rounds on tap. but I do need to cinch the girth a bit tighter :)
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Grizz wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:43 pm Looks good Jeep . . .

I can get a 380 in all the jeans pockets and each boot and 1 in the holster for 49 rounds on tap. but I do need to cinch the girth a bit tighter :)
If I need that many rounds I'll fall back on a quote that while probably true just grates on my nerves. "A handgun is what you use to fight your way to a long gun".
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

jeepnik wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:04 am
Grizz wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:43 pm Looks good Jeep . . .

If I need that many rounds I'll fall back on a quote that while probably true just grates on my nerves. "A handgun is what you use to fight your way to a long gun".
I get that, just having some fun with the concealed carry idea. I could envision being a long ways from a long gun, say on a ridge on a two track where there is gang graffiti on the "ecology" blocks. I have a three gun battery if it's an airport run through the "hoods", dual meaning there . . . I resent having to carry anything, and the violence gets more violent every day... good thing the LORD isn't slacking or we would be "Ukrained" already.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Under what circumstances of reality is this fight your way to a long gun true, for what. All fantasy Island. When did that ever happen where, and, anyone here?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:18 pm Under what circumstances of reality is this fight your way to a long gun true, for what. All fantasy Island. When did that ever happen where, and, anyone here?
I think the concept relates to getting back into a cruiser to retrieve the 30-30 or 12Ga. Maybe?
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

OS: I have seen that comment attributed to Clint Smith, but believe it goes back further. I'm not a gunfighter, I'm not LEO, not military, not tactical anything so I haven't had much use for the precept. Geez, I don't even have any "Tactical Bacon" in the cupboard.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Fictional l.a.p.d. patrolman reed & malloy do it at least once every other episode(s). They roll up to a silent alarm with roscoes drawn and cautiously peer into bank, bar, gun, jewelry, pawn establishment, etc. Reed crawfishes back to car to broadcast mayday and fetches the slide-actioned fowling-piece. The lead baddie, often the menacing Leo Gordon reluctantly surrenders without being riddled by make believe buckshot. Gordon was a real violent ex-con that not only acted but directed and wrote scripts. He is/was said to be an all around nice guy but his fellow cast mates did not like to do fight scenes with him as he tended to connect with punches that were supposed to be fake.

https://archive.org/details/PDTV0170/Ad ... +Bank).mp4
m.A.g.a. !
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

In my limited experience most fights come as a bit of surprise and they are nasty and at very close range.

You can avoid a lot of this kind of thing by being aware of your surroundings and not getting drunk. When I was a police officer, I did choose the long gun whenever things looked like they might warrant it.

But once the ball drops, you pretty much had to deal with it with whatever tools you had on you at the time.