ATF Now Proposing Rule to Require Registering Powder Storage!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

ATF Now Proposing Rule to Require Registering Powder Storage!

Post by COSteve »

ATF now proposed that we register with local fire dept our reloading powder storage. Next it will be primers, then ammo, then bullets, then brass so they'll know just what to bring when they try to confiscate it on some trumped up charge.

The commies are circling in and tightening the noose. I'd hate to see it turn to violence as our rights and freedoms are taken away.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/ATF-2023-0001-0001
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: ATF Now Proposing Rule to Require Registering Powder Storage!

Post by Tycer »

My fire chief told me that smokeless powder is a non issue.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I don't keep but a few pounds of black in my garage, probably 20 pounds of smokeless. I worry about our first responders being ignorant of that black should they have to respond to a fire if I am not available to warn them.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

I would register my powder and primers if I had any :roll:
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Bronco wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:10 pm I would register my powder and primers if I had any :roll:
Very stupid of me to take them with all my guns on that darn rickety boat...
Gunstore Commando
Levergunner

Post by Gunstore Commando »

One of the VFD's around here (not mine) got called to a house fire. Homeowner is standing outside when they get there, says "I'm a reloader and my powder and primers are right behind that window there".

Them country boys on that department knew exactly what that meant. They got water through that window right gosh-darn now.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

In those proposed regulations is an estimate of about 10,000 locations having to file yearly. I think there are more than 10,000 handloaders in this country. Something is not consistent.
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

As an old friend of mine used to say...They can kiss my cold dead azz! :P
Last edited by 1894cfan on Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Gene15644 (on another forum) posted the following concerning this issue. He stated that he checked BATF&E regs on smokeless powder. As of Sept 4, 2023 this is what was quoted . . .

"Is smokeless powder designed for use in small arms ammunition subject to the explosives storage requirements?

"Smokeless powders designed for use in small arms ammunition are exempt from regulation under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 40 and the regulations in 27 CFR Part 555. Packaging that readily identifies the smokeless powder as being designed for use in small arms ammunition may help in determining whether it is entitled to the exemption. Smokeless powder designed for use other than in small arms ammunition, and explosive products such as squibs, fireworks, theatrical special effects, or other articles that may contain smokeless powders, are regulated and must be stored pursuant to the regulations at 27 CFR 555, Subpart K Storage.

It should be noted that persons engaged in the business of importing or manufacturing smokeless powder designed for any use must have a federal explosives license. Further, importers of smokeless powder designed for use in small arms ammunition must also possess an ATF firearms importers license (Type 08 or 11); must register with ATF under the provisions of the Arms Export Control Act; and must submit (to ATF) and receive an approved ATF Form 6 part I (5330.3A), Application and Permit for Importation of Firearms Ammunition and Implements of War.

Last Reviewed October 4, 2018"
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

1894cfan wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:28 am As an old friend of mine used to say...They can kiss my cold dead backside! :P
Yepper and someday when they want ya to take the mark of the beast ya say the same thing. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

COSteve wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:04 am Gene15644 (on another forum) posted the following concerning this issue. He stated that he checked BATF&E regs on smokeless powder. As of Sept 4, 2023 this is what was quoted . . .

"Is smokeless powder designed for use in small arms ammunition subject to the explosives storage requirements?

"Smokeless powders designed for use in small arms ammunition are exempt from regulation under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 40 and the regulations in 27 CFR Part 555. Packaging that readily identifies the smokeless powder as being designed for use in small arms ammunition may help in determining whether it is entitled to the exemption. Smokeless powder designed for use other than in small arms ammunition, and explosive products such as squibs, fireworks, theatrical special effects, or other articles that may contain smokeless powders, are regulated and must be stored pursuant to the regulations at 27 CFR 555, Subpart K Storage.

It should be noted that persons engaged in the business of importing or manufacturing smokeless powder designed for any use must have a federal explosives license. Further, importers of smokeless powder designed for use in small arms ammunition must also possess an ATF firearms importers license (Type 08 or 11); must register with ATF under the provisions of the Arms Export Control Act; and must submit (to ATF) and receive an approved ATF Form 6 part I (5330.3A), Application and Permit for Importation of Firearms Ammunition and Implements of War.

Last Reviewed October 4, 2018"
THANK YOU!
That has been the way the regulations are enforced.