Happy Birthday To AmBraCol

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Happy Birthday To AmBraCol

Post by Blaine »

Happy Birthday.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Happy Birthday To AmBraCol

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Yessir. Hope you have a special day, Paul!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Happy Birthday. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Feliz Aniversário Paulo. Lembre-se, você não está envelhecendo, você está melhorando!
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

Happy birthday!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Happy belated B-Day Paul!!! :D
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Thank you all! Friday was a great day, but busy. I dropped my darlng off at work, then picked her up at noon and we went to the best Brazilian restaurant in town and had the rodizio. Then my wife managed to put one over on me by organizing our "dog club" (group of folks who gather each afternoon at the park in front of our house to let our dogs socialize - while we do as well) into throwing a surprise party for me. She managed as I KNEW about the church folk planning to come over, so I didn't suspect anything "weird" behind some of her preparations.

So on Saturday I decided it was time to get out to the range to celebrate another trip around the sun as well as finally receiving my renewed pistol permit. I tossed a few things into the car and took off, only to find the driveway into the club blocked at the highway due to a storm the night before. Someone had cut enough with a chainsaw to get motorcycles through for the workers on properties up above ours, so I grabbed the rope out of the trunk put a hitch around a log and dragged it out of the way, then did the same to the rest until I had enough space to get through - only to find another pile of downed tree branches that had NOT been cut because the motorcycles could maneuver around them. So I called up the club caretaker and he told me the neighbors on the south end of the property would let me through their fences to get to the range.

Once down on the "multi purpose range" I broke out the Llama and a box of shells from my stash and proceeded to try and relearn lessons from Matt Ostrander that he taught me back in June in Raton. Once I tightened the nut hold the grips and squeezing the trigger I managed some decent accuracy. Once I'd shot up the box of ammo and the rounds that have been in the cylinder since some time last year I broke out the AirArms ProSport and proceeded to sight it in at 25 meters or so. First shot for grouping as I'd just done a clean and lube on it and wanted it to settle in. Then I [over]corrected to bring the point of impact down to coincide with the point of aim. After the first shot (that showed me my guestimate was twice what was needed) I re-corrected and proceeded to put the pellets where I wanted them. Air Arms makes a VERY decent rifle in the ProSport and I'm very grateful I was able to save up for one way back when. The I tried the rifle at 35 meters, found I need to go back and check my trajectory calculations and do some corrections, but she's pretty close to ready for the nationals which are coming up in the middle of next month. Which is more than I can say for myself. I really need to spend more trigger time on this rifle as it's capable of much better accuracy than I am at this time.

Anyway, had a great celebration with great folk and today we had the opportunity to get to know some new folk who found out about our weekly gathering of folks who seek to put Christ's teachings into practice. Life is good.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Very happy for you my friend! --Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Happy Birthday
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS