Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by gamekeeper »

The Speedo on my 2 litre 1956 series one got close to 70 mph down hill with the wind behind it but I think it was just boasting.... :lol:

I just heard Joe Biden also goes by the name JRB Ware shouldn't that have been USB Ware... :?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

A 🏆 winner. You win a picture of my 16 ga. double.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thank you OS that's the closest I have got to one in a while...... :mrgreen:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Bonus pictures !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Those old Stevens were true workhorses…….I had an absolutely new one in 410 and while some guy in Kansas was buying a Model 61 Winchester with the serial number 16….he asked if I had anything else for sale and he bought the Stevens sight unseen for 4. Then I took the 3,200 dollars and bought a couple of 1886’s.

Anyway, it is what it is and I’m done working. Jay sure is an extremely knowledgeable Jeep guy….the best that I know of…..that tells me he turned a few wrenches in his time while I just wanted to keep mine on the road so I could go to work…..

And then there’s GK with the old guy in the “Jeep” who has a real deal hoagie nose…….I mean, that sucker could hold a pound of salami. At work, anyone with a big nose was called a “hoagie nose”.

Oh well………..
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This one is primo Six, $250 if I recall correctly.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred,
Last I recall, we are pals….so……..CAN I have it??…….your extra ordinary PAL from the East….(don’t mind those others from the NORTH east.

I
My right hand to the Lord, this is true. The gun had a few issues which later turned out to be factory alternations……I found this out in the letter I had recently been issued by the Cody museum.,…,
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GK has Speedos? Wow! I bet all the gals see him coming a mile away with those potatoes stuck in his shorts……..”Oh GK, this way please and I’ll give you a place to set those potatoes down!”

Ain’t much better than a combination of tight shorts and a couple of grapefruits to reel em in……Go GK!

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I had a Steven's 311 in 16ga for many years. It was the first 16 double I found when I was a kid. I gave 150 bucks for it. I'm kinda surprised, but I traded it off a few years ago.

Now see? That's the difference between down there and up here. There's just way more money down there. Not to mention more old guns.
First, you'd never find an 86 like that here. Second, nobody would give it away to a friend. No way. Even most kids or relatives wouldn't inherent it. It would be sold cause whoever had it needed the money. Especially since the internet came to be.
As far as a guy that likes old guns, you've been very lucky buddy. Beautiful stuff.

Me? I'm headed to camp this morning to work on some trails. I'm so buried in stuff to do ill never get dug out. The weather has been awful this summer and has really put me behind.
So......old GK in a banana hammock...... :shock:
Well, maybe he can start a male strip club in Cornville.
You know, a classy place.
What to call it.......?

Half Mast.....?
The Union Jackoff.......?
Royal Subjects..... .?

A nice classy place though.
Rhubarb on the tables.
"Husk your own" Wednesdays with 2 dollar Allen's Coffee Brandy.
Fiddlehead Fridays.

Just hackin on ya old buddy! :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ain't that the truth....
2138ec85312bfab5d7463002ffc599a2.jpeg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha it's GOTTA be true!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Heck no…if she is staring it’s because his wallet is thick as a dictionary……..

The same guy, my bud with the gun shop told me some young gal came on to him and for real, he told her,”what the hell are you interested in me for, I’m old, now go away”.

I went to bed a bit worried about GK……last night I mentioned the potatoes and I sure hope he put them in the FRONT of his pants.I made that mistake and the girls were running AWAY from me.

Well Jayster, you have good direction with the camp and all of the neat things that come with it…….move some dirt……build something….bs….you got pops with ya……I miss those days at our camp…….I’d throw that ‘86 in the lake if I could have those days back…….as of right now, I’m sitting in the hallway of the hospital, with mom at her doctors visit……

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

This first gen SAA just sold for $7600…..it was a nice one but not spectacular……guy at the Colt forum offered me 10 for my real nice one but without it, a piece of me goes with it.

https://www.gunauction.com/buy/17302827

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Six that's one heck of a nice Colt :mrgreen: I would find it difficult to part with such beauties unless I have plenty more toys in the box.. :D

I did figure out where to put the potatoes but I found that it made dancing impossible................................no ballroom.... :?

Jay I took the 1-95 to Houlton didn't see any traffic at all on the interstate but I saw a green MGB by George Washington's statue and then I moved on to Millinocket every one was 100% white there, then I carried on to Old Town really enjoyed the trip, beautiful houses and countryside, next time I will go on to Augusta so it looks like I may miss out on Cornville.. :cry:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GK…..you got to admit, the potato thing is funny…….every time me and mom go to Costco we usually go our separate ways but eventually catch up and for some reason , it’s always by the fruits and vegetables…….just the other day it was near the potatoes and I told her to get me the biggest ones they had and she said, “oh, I see, your going clubbing this weekend”. ….and I told her “no”, I like to eat potatoes and when I go clubbing I get watermelons and zucchini with a built in velcro strap…

Don’t know if you ever heard it but I’ve said it here several times about the two guys who always go to the beach and only one of the guys gets the girls……the lonesome guy says, “Man! What is it with you that attracts the girls?”……he responds that he puts potatoes in his pants so one day the other guy tried it and the girls started running away from him………….so he tells his buddy that the potato thing didn’t work and his buddy says to him, “look stupid, your supposed to put the potatoes in the FRONT on your pants.🤣. 🤩. 🥹

Up in Maine, they just use short pieces of firewood, usually the stumps with some roots strategically routed down to the knee caps….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. That's what they mean by, "Men with the bark on."

Hey GK.
You won't be by us cause we ain't near that thar fancy interstate thingy. The closest you will get to us on 95 is Waterville. You'll be about 20 miles south of us. Get off there and take 201 north.
Houlton is the end of the interstate. From there, you have to get off and take rt2. It will take you to "The county". Huge potato and broccoli fields. It's like going back in time. Beautiful up there. Caribou is a nice town.
Millinocket was the hub of the paper industry for over a hundred years. When the great northern paper company closed, there was nothing. Right up to a few years ago, you could buy a nice house for 8-12 grand. A lot of guys I work with bought them to use as camps for snowmobiling in the winter. Then they Air BnB em the rest of the year.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well at least I be able to pick up some BIG potatoes.... :lol: you can keep the Broccoli...... :x

Yeah the guy doing the driving explained about the Great Northern Paper company closing....sad :( he also gives the price of housing etc in each town.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Once again, I’m left out in left field…..I gots to find out where this potato and broccoli field is…for real, I love broccoli…I eat the green blob and wing the rest of it….loaded with Amish butter….and the next day I’m singing the Star Spangled Banner……with smoke….

Still hot here…….I’ve been cutting grass for four days straight helping out my BIL with the farm’s grass which is about 20 acres…….he has this John Deere tractor, the exact same model as Jay’s with a Tractor Supply bush hog…..what he cuts looks like the results of a drunken Pollack using hand held sheers and mine looks like a golf course….but, a bush hog isn’t designed for finish cutting.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Woo! I'm wiped. Swingin that saw all day. It's unbelievable how wet the woods are. The 4 wheeler is wallowing in mud half the time. Nasty.
I swear bro.....you'll be driving along up to the county and all you can smell is broccoli. Miles before you get there. You put in for a moose permit up there and those farmers will almost pay you shoot them. They are all through those broccoli fields.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ok here it is … on a first generation. You will see the caliber is 45 Colt. That settles it !!!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh you
Jay has mud….funny thing as we had lots of rain too but no mud…ground is still hard…..
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

In the 40s this morning.
I've never seen so much rain over a summer. It's been an awful summer. The river looks like it does 2 weeks after ice out. The stream up to camp is usually a trickle by this time, and it's rolling bank full. Farmers have been having it rough. Not only can't get the hay in, they can't even get on the fields.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

After 5” of rain, the course is in better shape than I have ever seen it and the little rabbits are are out after it.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Natures little lawnmowers.... :D the weather here has returned to summer 79f I actually perspired today doing nothing :o
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

If you think its too cold to sweat, buy a chainsaw.
Just got back to camp from working more trails and the road. Soaked my boonie hat.
I got a trail open I've wanted to do for 5 years. It was there when we got the lot. A local guide had made it for his customers to get into a stand site. I used to have a ladder stand in there but moved it several years ago.
The trail was basically obliterated from time and blowdowns. I re-flagged it last fall and had a tough time finding it. I had to look for old chainsawed logs.
I also tied it in with a new trail I cut this spring. It makes a loop off our main road and is quite a nice little trail to walk.
Our oldest boy likes to hike too, so all my little hunting trails gives him a place to hike around when he wants to.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I miss my chainsaw almost as much as my squirrel hunting, I gave it to my buddy the gardener, it wasn't an expensive one but it did the job. I left so much behind when I left :(
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jays right……chainsawing will cause you to sweat in 10 degree weather, especially when your by yourself as it takes continuous energy to saw, and remove, lift or bring in the next branch or whatever your cutting……..PLUS, most people tend to go unnaturally fast because the saw is running and you just don’t let a saw idle for any length of time.

Those 56 volt EGO saws are the way to go for small stuff around the camp or trail clearing but what they don’t tell you is that you really need the larger 5 battery or two of the 2.5’s to switch back and forth as the 2.5 that comes with it will overheat easily unless your doing 3-4” and smaller stuff….They cut just as well as a small gas job but without the noise….

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm with Six on the battery saw, I used an electric Stihl and was surprised how well it did but I wouldn't take it to Old Savage's land and take on giant Redwoods with it..
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

“Old Savage Land”….😜……….But GK…….all that 0% moisture dirt is filling up with water and is sliding off the bedrock. Like the fires in Hawaii, I feel more for the domesticated pets who are intentionally left behind to “do the best they can”. Like a ship’s Captain, I’d go down with the ship before I left any of our pets behind.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Most of the time I don't think an electric one would "cut it" with me.
I wouldn't mind having one to carry on my woods bike to check trails though. I'd just like to try one before buying though.
Split this piece of hemlock down the middle today for some steps. I'll stick with my Husky for that.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Absolutely…….an electric one would not “cut the ice” for a job like that. Personally, I would have wedged that one out as it’s straight grained….I’ve taken many a walnut log and split it into a nice decent 6” squared log that I just clean up on the table saw then make 1” boards……but….it has to be straight with no previous branches…..but, you have no table saw with 240 back in the woods with ya….

Sure makes sense doing it yourself for steps…..I’ve always enjoyed using natural resources for supplies of any kind.

They make many attachments for doing just about anything that will run off the 3 point hitch PTO on your Deere…..even log splitters and saw mills…..For the stuff your doing a few hundred dollar Alaskan wood mill would do fine for you. Then you could go on HGTV and show them how you built a Taj Mahal ……oh S, I got to get in gear…2:30 and I ain’t done nuttin yet….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. Those Alaskan saw mills are neat.

Hitting it early tonight. Have to take my mom to Portland in the morning for knee replacement surgery. Gonna be a long day, but ill check in just the same.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Good luck to your Mom Jay, hoping it all goes well and your Mom will be fit enough to kick your butt again real soon... :)

Forget what I said about summer yesterday. It's raining again and 69f...
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you, my friend.
Kristy and I are in the waiting room now. Supposed to do her surgery in an hour. Dad is in pre op with her.

Oh no worry there. She'd kick my butt if she had no legs. :D

This has probably been the nicest week weather wise we've had all summer. Pretty sad. Hopefully we will have a nice fall.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I hope everything went according to plan yesterday and your Mom isn't in too much discomfort. Nice to have the family so close at such times.

It's even cooler today with threatened rain on the way, all we've had this summer is one week of sunshine.... :(
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks again buddy!
Got mom back home now and she is doing well. Kristy and I are staying home tonight in case she needs anything.
The therapist was in with her this morning to see where she was at and said she was off the charts for thus soon after surgery. We are hopeful. She is pretty tough and breezed through her hip replacement like it was nothing. The doctors were astounded. Hopefully, this will go well too.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for the update Jay, glad to hear that things went well... :D tell Mom I'll raise a glass to her speedy recovery 🍺

Heavy rain followed by sunshine today temperature mid sixties, stayed indoors and watched YouTube :( got to get out more and track down the elusive 16 gauge.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks buddy, I will.
This is when its good to just be across the lawn. Kristy is making them some supper to bring over. We may stay over there tonight just incase.
The upstairs is basically an apartment over there, with full laundry and everything but a kitchen. Its a big place.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Where's everyone gone, a Joe Biden rally or something...... :?:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Always interesting to follow the progress of knee replacements. Have seen many and wish your mom the best.

Gk could move into that apartment and take care of everything there abouts. I am sure a 16 could show up. Only couple things - the cold and the flies.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Now then, what would be gk’s favorite lever?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Mom's a machine. She has taken no pain medication other than Tylenol. She slept well last night. Up motoring around every hour. Can do all her exercises with no problem.
Everyone is surprised but me.

Thanks OS!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have a 79 year old patient recovering post knee replacement. There are a number of stages not always predictable. Can stabilize other areas.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That's great news Jay but tell your Mom not to over do it ..… :D

OS my favourite lever has always been the 73 SRC but I've only had a Uberti copy :oops: I have had three Winchester 9422s and one Winchester 94, I once had a Uberti 66 in .22mag but it was way too heavy for what it was and the sights were not to my liking, for a time I had a Marlin Mountie but never warmed to it, my first lever action was a German Erma later to become the Henry and that was a brilliant little carbine, now for the big disclosure I even bought a brand new ROSSI .357 stainless steel and the only reason I got rid of it was the police wouldn't allow it to be used for hunting only target shooting which is just wasting lead..... :D

Pouring rain and the grass needs cutting.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

She won't GK. She will follow her instructions to the letter.
And we will see to it! :D

Kristy brought supper over last night and will tonight too. We are going to work tonight, but Kristy is less than a quarter mile away, so she can go if she needs to.
I'm an hour away, so not so much.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Cornville technology?

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Talking about Cornville the road trip passed through Belfast, Bangor and Augusta so the most interesting place "Cornville" got snubbed.... :(
However the other towns very very very nice.... :mrgreen:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's not Cornville. They wouldn't be siding a house. :D
The Ty Par IS siding in Cornville.

Haha sounds like you came across rt 3. I take that trip with my bike once in awhile.
I work in Bangor. On what used to be Dow AFB. Basically the Bangor International Airport now. The airfield is one of the longest runways on the east coast and right outside our facility. Seen some cool planes come in and out of there over the years. A lot of European air force fighter squadrons stop there when the come over for training exercises.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The Laveliers

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:55 pm The Laveliers
Haha yeah. That movie took place there. I think you could see my work in a couple scenes. Some of the trucks on the tarmac were the originals. They were old then, and are still there. Some 1 ton ford's with stairways from the 70s.