The Locals

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

The Locals

Post by Paladin »

Thought I would share some photos of the local watering hole about 1/4 mile from the house where I run the dogs. There are three different lions just not all on the camera.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not the critic who counts
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Locals

Post by Tycer »

Excellent.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Looks like a great location for a game camera; lots of action.
Thanks, Paladin!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Like your photos! have to get a trail cam some time, be fun to see whats sneaking around
Last week about to crawl in the crib & i heard a rukus out side so i shined a flash light out the window
and their was a lion looking at me at about 20 feet :shock: since then the wife is missing 3 barn cats

ollogger
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Mountain Lions have been found in Texas not too far from Dallas. Seeing them is probably better than having them around and not seeing them. I have never knowingly been in their territory, and I am not really wanting to change that. If they were in my area, I would be keeping watch. My dogs that I still have are not big enough to be safe from one.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I live where the deep south meets appalachia and there are tracts of hundreds of thousands of acres of uncle's forests that add up to well over a million acres......but, the state officials in both states involved insist there are no lions despite hundreds of roadside and road crossing sightings and a few dozen trail camera shots posted on social media. Aside from their denials, they are quick to remind that to slay a lion, even in self-defense is a serious crime. That may kind of sort of make sense here but texas' treatment of them as varmints to be readily slain seems certainly rational as well.

I have seen one for sure crossing a road and possibly a second in a roadside ditch.....both were in rural but quite populated areas.

In my neighborhood, there was a strange feline that did not match any domestic or native wildcat. Certainly not as big as a lion but more svelte than and with a longer tail than a bobcat. Though it was twice and again larger than any domestic cat, it or they, interbred with the local population and characteristics of "it" still show occasionally after many generations.

I had the sights of gat or roscoe on the original progenitor(s) several times in the wee hours of predawn but did not fire due to background targets. The first and second generation hybrids had an oddly uncomfortable looking gait and posture when seen in profile but readily succumbed to fine shot when we thought it necessary to remove them. Mister Evans used a marlin .22 wmr but seldom connected and the beasts were seen making a hasty retreat through our backyard.

The original(s) were like something betwixt a margay and ocelot and quite close to the ground but the coloring and spots and stripes did not resemble either.
m.A.g.a. !
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

8) :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.