more 92 bubbarising

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

more 92 bubbarising

Post by mickbr »

Vortex crossfire 2-7x scope scout installed.
To date, osram flashlight with remote tail switch
Custom rail
Custom true bubba level stock spacer and buttpad

Its good for you learned folks to see the lower end of what can be done with a cheap lever and I hope sixgun is paying attention here :D

On a serious note, suprized how well these scopes allow target acquisition. I shoot a lot of multiple targets and running shots. At 2 power I was not much slower than with the red dot. Maybe Colonel Cooper did know what he is talking about. Will test accuracy on higher power too. The hornady custom 200 xtp which runs 2000fps will be first cab off the rank.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: more 92 bubbarising

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Looks to be very useful. I think I would stick to a shorter stock just to be more handy.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

thanks Scott. It looks funny yep but having a 6'8" wingspan this about the most comfortable I have felt behind a small lever action. Easier to fast work the lever SSAA style. I'm testing 200 xtp at about 1300fps which is about my limit for staying on target so far. Or 1250 with 240's. I reckon it would be a good SD/vermin load, similar velocity to SMG's.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I’m close to that size but I’ve learned to shoot shorter stocks and I think it’s worth it in working around vehicles.

One of my 73 carbines has a stock a little more than an inch below standard and it is noticeably quicker.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Looks like ya got it just the way you want it!!
I to like a bit more lenght on a gun & a cresent style stock fits me poorly so ive added a pad a few times
on a Rossi, it worked out great for me

ollogger
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Thanks fellas, a forum needs a good redneck project every once in a while. All I need now is some personal engraving on the stock and to give the gun a name- just kidding. :)
I took it out for a shoot yesterday. So the 200xtp Hornady factory load at 100 yards grouped around 2", best group I have gotten through a 44 mag . Chronies 2000fps from the 20" barrel, box velocity is 1500fps(obviously for pistol length barrels)
ywaltzucanrknrl
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ywaltzucanrknrl »

Mickbr, I like it. Was hoping to mount an IER scope on one of mine that way. Any chance you would show a photo of the rail. Is it the rail sold by Steve's Gunz or another?

Thanks.