1936 LAPD training film

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

1936 LAPD training film

Post by Ysabel Kid »

A very enjoyable video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDP8BRSEjrA

They were a trustful bunch for sure!

I'd love to have that reloading set-up at the end!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 1936 LAPD training film

Post by jeepnik »

That’s LASD, Los Angeles Sheriff Department. Although when the Sheriff and LAPD used to open their ranges to the public I shot at both. Some very good people ran the ranges and would offer help if someone was struggling.

Today the ranges are closed to the public for liability reasons. Too bad because it was probably the best public relations thing they had going.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Wow. This is the L.A. of Raymond Chandler!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

jeepnik wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:00 pm That’s LASD, Los Angeles Sheriff Department. Although when the Sheriff and LAPD used to open their ranges to the public I shot at both. Some very good people ran the ranges and would offer help if someone was struggling.

Today the ranges are closed to the public for liability reasons. Too bad because it was probably the best public relations thing they had going.
Great catch!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I live in an unincorporated area of L A. But across the street is L A City. The service level and response times are night and day.

As a simple example my next door neighbor had her catalytic converter stolen. A sheriff’s deputy came out, took the report & photos. He also had me email them my video.

My neighbor across the street was also hit. LAPD insists that if you want a report (strictly for insurance purposes, mind you) you have to go to the station. Your can’t even do it online. There wasn’t even the hint of investigation much less asking if anyone had video. My video of this one caught the thieves vehicle plate. Even a half wit could at least figure out who owned the car.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad