Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by gamekeeper »

Back in the day when I used to get paid for it I often killed up to 22 nests a day. I hate the darn things especially after one customer was stung once and died 15 minutes later, I destroyed the nest the next and her husband told me what had happened, obviously no charge I just wished she had called me in sooner... :( I had other customers who were allergic to Wasp stings who called me in as soon as they even suspected a nest on their property.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

You know GK, sometimes you’re not thinking (As in moving an object) and other times the wasps are just there, in a hole that’s covered by vines or some branches……..there’s this other kind of wasp that I don’t see very often buts also an underground wasp and is white, black or light green and fuzzy and these suckers come after you. I’ve had them follow me 30-40 yards before I could get in the house and sting a nasty sting…….I’d wait until dark and pour a quart or two of gasoline down the hole.

When I was younger I’d walk out in the yard to where they were and shoot ‘em with a 12 gauge semi auto 5 times. When I was done with that there was a hole big enough to put a basketball in.

Another day….grass to cut……whoopie ! Livin’ large..
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I remember giving a hole in the ground wasp nest both barrels of a Italian 12 gauge hammer gun, I didn't hang around to see what happened... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well there! After 2 weeks of putting stuff together and getting ready, the kids ain't coming.
Just so happened my daughter in law got online to verify the tickets and hers were GONE. They were using their transfer travel allowance to make the flights. Apparently, the USCG in all its wisdom, didn't approve hers. Not only that, but they canceled it, and didn't bother to tell her.
Kristy spent all afternoon on the phone with airlines. She could get them on the same planes, but not together. It's way too far to travel like that with 3 little kids.

OFW.

Everyone is pretty bummed. Gonna try it again in October.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That’s because Biden is Commander in Chief. Well, at least you got things in order.

Did you see that truck that overturned in Arizona that was filled with cans of nacho cheese? People were scrambling to take it and a mess of Mexicans got there first and were hauling away trash can loads of the nacho cheese and then a bus load of bros got off the bus but by then there was nothing left and they hollared to the Mexicans, “hey! You can’t take that. It’s nacho cheese.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear that Jay what a bummer :( I hope they can make the trip as planned next time without the interference of a government employee .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah. Like everything else in this banana republic, the CG is a shambles too. They can't get anyone. People just do what they want. It's unbelievable.

Building back better!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That’s what dumbacrats do…..destroy and shift the money to the parasites of society who only continue to raise more parasites and parasites tend to have little baby parasites at 3X the rate the non parasites do. When the parasites are two years old they are running on the street by themselves…….I’ve lived it bro…….or rather, worked with the fathers of little parasites, or “maybe” the fathers, who knows.

The military of all branches are in turmoil after Trump had them right.

What the weaponized DOJ is doing to Trump is UNBELIEVABLE……..they actually want jail time for him…..it’s a disgrace……well, those a. wipes keep it up, the right is going to rise and show them what a REAL insurrection is all about.

We’re going to need help, so GK better get over here with his shotguns……we will use him for door breaching…..Jay will be in charge of frontal assaults, and I’ll be a sniper/commander/dog handler from behind the lines. I’ll also make sure the lobster and t bones make it to my personal H.Q……Old Savage will be in charge of providing entertainment and comfort women with occasional front line duty as a corpsman.

It’s raining miserable weather and mom thinks we are headed out just because it’s our 51st.anniversary.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations on your 51st Six and Mrs Six well done :D

Always wanted to be part of a revolution, I suppose reading so much American history has inspired me :mrgreen:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Yeah, that would be quite the 4 man army!

Oh come on GK. You'd be a rabble rouser either way! But hanging out with us has certainly sealed your fate. :D
Ooohh....Maybe a pirate! Avast, yee matey!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thank you gentlemen…….we haven’t left yet because we are arguing on where to go….mom wants to go to the Texas Road House and I want to go to Jimmy Johns, the discount hot dog dive. Look at it from my view point….$150 vs. $4.99 and at Jimmy Johns we can call ahead and make it takeout.

Yea ….we sure could use GK…..with his English accent we can use him a s spy or a door breacher…..we will have to get something other than his single shot .410 though….thinking about a double barrel 20 ga.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Don't worry about my shooting irons boys my first stop in the US will be to borrow Jay's Buffalo coat :lol: I guess I don't have to tell y'all where my second stop will be.. :mrgreen:

Go on Six treat the little lady, happy wife happy life... :wink:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yes! A breacher with an English accent! We can POLITELY kick in doors! :D
No way! All that time over there with nothing? We need to get ole GK a mini gun so he can get it out of system!

Speaking of a polite entry, I watched that movie "6 Days" last night. It's about the storming the Iranian embassy by SAS back in 1980.
Good Show! They did a helluva job. Back when not a lot of this had been done.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GK, a man of class, WILL have a Benelli entry gun with a 14” barrel.

Never saw that movie……..had to refresh my memory by looking it up on what SAS did…….it said one of the ragheads lived out of the six and he served 27 years in prison….they let him out? Huh?

Went to Outback….$118 plus 20…….rip off….

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Rain and wind all day not very warm either :(

On door breeching I saw some experimental 12 gauge breeching shells loaded with water :o they were supposed to be capable of blowing a door off its hinges with zero danger of ricochets.

Just started to watch an episode of Bonanza, life here sure is boring in the rain :roll:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GK….your not alone……it’s boring everywhere after you reach a certain age……the more intelligent you are the more boring it gets……..I liken it to a child playing with blocks, then the child will move on to tricycles, then to school, cars, girls and life……..and if you did everything right, you will have reached consummation of your life and everything after that is boring so you turn to loose girls and cocaine….luckily for my health, my wife don’t let me 10’ outside of the door and even if I did I wouldn’t know where to find such deviate objects.😇

More rain coming…….and I have 4 hours worth of non stop grass cutting to do……..that’s the highlight of my life……that and weed whacking……yea, when the winter comes I get the heebie jeebies. 🤪. 🤯

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Here I am trying to drink coffee and wake up, and you guys are putting me back to sleep! :D
I gotta go in tonight, but I'm taking tomorrow off. Think Kristy and I are going back up to camp for the night.
Wednesday, we are going down to the coast to check out one of the islands.
With the kids not coming, we have the time as she decided to still take the week off.

Hey! If you boys are bored, I now have a 14 foot trampoline on the lawn that took me all day to put together. Now it's just something I have to move when I mow. Come on up and have a bounce! :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Well we can guess that at least you won't be bored at the camp.. :D I'm not sure about the trampoline though I ain't been on one since my teens.

Theres a very cheap single shot 16 gauge not far away from me that's tempting but I'm holding out for a double with mule ears.

Talking with my son on the internet this morning there's a chance they may be back in the UK at Christmas so at least that gives me something to look forward to.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

A 16 sxs is the only shotgun I get excited about. They are simply perfect.

Great news buddy. Hopefully your son and family come for a nice visit.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ain’t boring here :) :roll: :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, GK has fun in the near future and Jay is going to be having fun in the cabin but without AC it’s going to be all hot and sweaty with bugs biting and all that……..I went through a quarter can of D.W.Off today…….O.S.is flying high like most west coast people do……..

Nothing happening here other than me going through 4 gallons of 93 octane gas….

Playing with old Zippo lighters and dating them…got one from the late thirties or late forties…can’t tell…

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nope. Weather is much cooler the last week. Bugs are WAY down. When I was up last week there were none. They really don't bother me anyway. I'll be sitting there with no problem and my old man will be swatting and swearing. Spraying 5 gallons of bug spray on himself and cutting a switch to wave them off. I don't even use bug spray. They bother Kristy too.
Guess I'm just so nasty they don't want any part of me. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Bugs don't bother me too much but I try to avoid horse flies, they never used to bother me but I got bit the hand twice in exactly the same spot 7 days apart and since then I have a bad reaction to bites.

Working in environmental health pest control I had to deal with all sorts of bugs and had to be careful not to take my work home... :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We have what we call moose flies. I don't know if they have em anywhere else, but I know they have em in Canada. I think they are like a horse fly, but they are huge. They look like a gigantic house fly, and like you said, if they get you it ain't funny. They cut a chunk of meat right out of you. Nasty things. Luckily, they don't seem to be encountered in large numbers or concentrations.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

For real, no B.S…..Mother Nature will gradually put in protections for the human being after many generations of people living in the same area from certain insects or current conditions……….

A guy at work was in Somalia after the Black Hawk down fiasco and they were told NOT to give the locals fresh water as the water the usually drank was filthy and fresh water would lower their resistance to certain diseases.

My buddy Tommy, who grew up in Chester, Pa. was turning into a hell hole from an influx of undesirables so his father moved the family out my way……..anyway, Tommy told me he had friends of all races and they would go down to the Delaware river and play and build forts…you get it……..he told me the mosquitoes would chew them up but didn’t bother the black kids at all……and that’s why they have a certain smell, not to be a smart butt but it’s something Mother Nature gave them from eons in Africa.

It’s also why black people are deathly afraid of snakes……genetic memory…… as told to me by a doctor

Bugs are attracted to carbon dioxide…..maybe you don’t breathe too much but those suckers chew my azz up good. Just last night I was sitting out back and I covered my entire body with OFF…….missed a spot on my ankle and guess where I had 3 welts?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Least you know the Off works.

I know I'm weird, but I figured there's a better chance of the Off killing me than the mosquitoes.

I'll tell you, I know it sounds crazy, but I swear some of it is mental. Early in the season when they come out, they do come after me. Every year I have to retrain myself. Once I do, I'm good to go. Now, there are exceptions. I've been fishing or wheeling before and seen then so bad that I swear it looks hazy. There is also a din of sound from the buzzing if there is no wind. When its that bad, nothing short of a bug suit and headnet helps. By this time of year, they are dropping off considerably.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Do you really worry about chemicals killing you? There’s more S out there than you can shake a stick at and if you ain’t died yet, that means you got good genes. Remember that WW2 guy that used to have a commentary at the end of 20/20? Andy Rooney……he came on there one time and I was watching it and he said he had his blood checked for everything and he had 56 different chemicals in his blood,….and he lives clean…well, he LIVED clean…..

I’ve even washed up with 2+2 carb cleaner when my hands were stained with Never Seize…..I made it this far and I really don’t care about what happens in 20 minutes. No lie…..I’ve had itches from bug bites that were so bad I was ready to cut my skin off and one time I sprayed 2+2 on it and it went away……..I must have done that 100 times……..there’s more S in the air and in your food than what’s in OFF…..SO………………OFF YOU!!!!🤯. 🤪. 😵.

I tell ya bro, humidity must have been 7,000% today…….I was outside with the Makita angle grinder cutting through 6 feet of 3/16” steel. After a while you get tired and when the wheel catches you do a spin over…body and all. When I got done I decided I was done for the day…went through 2 blades ……wore em down to the safety thingy…….then dug out this $25 diamond tipped blade and it ate right through it….

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I spent a lot of my working life working with poisonous chemicals and health and safety rules were never very highly regarded :oops:
Nicotine killed my father at 67 and my brother at 66, I used to smoke too, so now I'm almost 75 I wonder how much fitter I would have been if I had never smoked or used chemicals designed to kill bugs and rodents etc. However I too do not like bug off spray on my skin, back in the day when I used to go duck hunting I smoked cigars to keep the mozzies off but which is worse for your health, bug spray, smoking or getting bitten :?:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Mostly, I just hate the feel of that stuff on me. That bothers me more than the bugs. My old man would slather axle grease all over himself if it kept the bugs off. He can't stand them at all.
What a day. I didn't get back from camp till 9 o'clock last night. I took the tractor down in back of the camp and opened up some trails and small areas full of weeds and junk. Then I went down to the clearing by the stream and did the same. I had a couple small brush piles I had to push back into the woods, also.
I was running along fine, then it just quit. When the ignition was turned to ON, there was no fuel solenoid "click". Checked the fuses, and sure enough. Didn't have one so I drove down to the Athens Corner Store and found some. Put one in and she started right back up. I finished up what I was doing and headed back to camp. Got up the road about a hundred yards and it quit again. I had another fuse and put it in but that one immediately blew. Had to leave it as it was getting dark. Glad we had the 4 wheeler down there too. I either have a short or a bad fuel solenoid I think. No diesel experience so this should be fun.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I was out riding my CZ 2 stroke motor cycle one night when a fuse popped, it was the old fashioned type of fuse so I wrapped it in the foil from a gum wrapper and it worked till I got home. I don't remember where I learned that tip but was glad that I did... :)

The more I see of the Camp the more envious I get... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cloudy and cool today, yesterday I took a walk up to the ridge I didn't see Red Cloud or Crazy Horse just a baby rabbit and the wind on the other side of the ridge was wild.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh yeah! The old foil trick. Gotta be careful though. End up with a bonfire.
We also went in a trail with the wheeler and small trailer. I had cut 2 huge hemlock trees a couple years ago that were over the trail. I sawed a section out to make some steps for camp. I also cut a nice chopping block. We got them in the trailer and hauled em to camp. Sadly, I didn't get any pics of this endeavor. The section for the steps wasn't a lot of fun to move. Cutting them also made it a little easier to get through with the trail bike. It was a very narrow opening. Saw quite a few deer tracks in the mud. One good size buck.
Speaking of the trail bike, I had an issue with that last week too. I was out for a short ride and messing around in a sand pit. I stopped and all of a sudden got a high idle. I suspected an air leak after the carb. This would obviously lean it out, so I headed for home. I figured I'd let it idle and spray some carb cleaner on the intake manifold. If there was a leak, it would Rev up.
When I got down to do it, there was no need. I could see the split in it! New parts are on the way. Glad it was now instead of the middle of hunting season.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yup a little split is all it takes should be a quick fix though :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Or bubble gum……..

Jay, I’ve had that issue with the mighty Kubota…….dead, shut off, replace fuse, run for a while, dead,,,,,another fuse, dead……..it costs me $831 to find out it was a safety switch…..mine has four on it….the Z has …I think, 6……easy to replace but I dint know the first time around.

Looks good around the camp……don’t do it all as we always need to look forward to something as an excuse to leave the house for a day or two………where’d you get the set of discs? They are helpful…..

GK…….a couple of years ago my body was growing a new arm beneath the old arm…..fingers and all……I cut it off with the angle grinder…she’s fine now.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Six, I wouldn't have cut it off it could have come in useful, you could have played the piano and scratched yer nuts all at the same time... :lol:

I don't think it matters much if you use chemicals or avoid them, the air we breathe and the water we drink not to mention what we eat probably has more than enough chemicals already.

Tomorrow 68f and a 90% chance of rain ☔
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

There! We made a day of it. Kristy and my mom came along too. We even brought the dogs. Packed a lunch, the whole deal. They brought the Cherokee in case they wanted to split.
Dad and I took the Jeep down to where the tractor was. I brought all I could think of for tools. I had about 10 3 amp fuses. I always have recovery gear in the Jeep. Thought we may have to tow it back up the hill to camp.
I tell you boys, God was smilin on this ole hick today. First thing I did was tip the seat up and have a look. I saw a plug that had a jumper wire looped in it. Must have been the previous owner. There was a twisted together piece that was completely bare! WTF? I figured there was a good chance it was grounding on the fender, so I covered it and tucked in into the plug.
I put a new 3 amp fuse in and she fired right up. I ran it all the way back to camp with no issues. Hopefully this is it, but I only change one thing at a time. Took all of 15 minutes. That gave us the rest of the day to hang out at camp.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That's what I call really living large, out in the woods with all the creature comforts .. 8)

Glad you got the tractor working too 🚜
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh! The disc harrow. They sat in a field out to my uncles for God knows how long. When we got the lot he gave them to us. We used them the first year we were there in a food plot we were working on. Then we hauled them down to the gravel pit where the camp is now. They were kinda in the way there in the dooryard, so after I cleaned up in back of the camp with the tractor yesterday, we hauled it down there.
Here's a few more from today.....
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That’s great Jayster….an easy fix!!!!

Now, about that GK guy….ya know, I’ve scratched those babies until the cows came home and they still itch. Jay promised.🤪

We had a heck of a storm and have not had electric since around 6……..as usual I am prepared and fired up the Generac. Here it is at 12:30 a.m. and still no electric…….now, ask me if I give a F. Our area is all over the news but we didn’t see much.

Funny thing, I took a walk and no one had electric except me and my next door neighbor…….All these Yuppies and their 60K machines and $700K house and they are either too cheap or too broke to have a $1,000 generator…..🥵. Good! That’s what they get for being liberals and expecting the government to provide for em. ———00

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Skip Monk tribute, B52 pilot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nut scratchin', power outages, and a B52.
Now THIS is a well rounded thread. Something for everyone.

Raining and windy here. I probably should work on those shells for my buddies moose hunt.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Shells? You going to the seashore?

I woke up early at 8 and filled the generator up……power came back on at 7:30……like me, near perfection….as to timing.

Yea….still scratchin’……..feels so good I just cut the right pocket out of all my pants.

The B52’s…….”Love Shack”.

Jay…those pics of the camp looks like you got things in order…..looks mighty thick and pops is sucking down a Miller Light…..……..where did you get the cinder blocks from as in who’s car is on the ground..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yup. Shells.

"Hey Cletus, you got enough shells fer ya carbine? Or ye gotta go back ta Con-ville an git sum?"

Cement blocks. Why, they grow on trees. That's the only way the guys in Cornville and Athens can afford to keep all the junk cars and barrel stoves sitting on em.
We have them there to hold the tarp down we cover the tractor with. Until we get a shed built.

Camp is coming along pretty well. Still plenty to do. The road and trail trimming and clearing never stops. All the rain this year has made it worse.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

“Barrel stoves”……”grow in trees”🤪. I cant take anymore……….your better than me and the only exception is that what your saying is true.

Me and mom just came back from Costco…..we usually separate as soon as we get in da doe……and this Costco worker, a very nice older black gal comes up to me while I’m standing in the aisle like a retart….and says, “ excuse me Sir, is there anything I can help you find.?”

I says, “yes, my wife…..our s.s. check came in today and as soon as the wireless transfer is made, my wife needs to see it gone in 24 hours and with the check, she’s gone too.”

She laughed so hard I think she messed herself……we were boff laughing and people started to stare…………

There was just enough left over for 2 $1.50 hotdogs and 2 Pepsi’s….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha Costco hicks!

Well I got some 45-70, .308, and .270 brass all rounded up for my buddy's moose hunt. Threw some 45-70 in the tumbler.
Then I went out to the garage and tore into the trail bike. My parts showed up today. This was a case of the internet NOT being your friend. I read on some forums about guys changing the intake on these bikes. Many said to leave the carb in place, take out the intake bolts, and snake the intake out. Then put the new one in in reverse. They said it was too hard getting the breather box boot back on after the carb was back in. So that's what I did.
It was a royal PIA, and hard to get the intake bolts in. I had to tape the throttle wide open just to get an Allen wrench past the throttle plate to get the bolt.
The face of the intake is aluminum, with a slot on it for an o-ring that seals it to the motor. Then there is rubber bonded to it that goes back to the carb where it clamps on.
When I got it all on, I questioned a little gap at the top but thought maybe it was just the rubber. The bike started right up. But when I sprayed carb cleaner around it as a leak test, it would stall. ***! I was so freakin pizzed.
I took it all back apart the way 30 years of experience first told me to (ignoring the internet) and swung the carb out of the way just leaving the throttle cables attached.
It was immediately apparent what happened. The o-ring popped out of the slot but I couldn't see it because of the stupid installation method. The o-ring was destroyed but it was at least all there and none got sucked into the engine. Luckily, the old one was still good, so I reused it.
Got it all back together and could see what I was doing. The airbox boot went on with no problem. Just like they did 30 years ago. Freakin millennial pansies! Should have gone with my gut.
While I had the tank and everything off I figured I may as well check the valves. The guy I got it from had documentation that the valves were adjusted at 1300 miles. It's only got 2300 now, but I don't know who did em.
I popped the covers, got it to TDC, and checked em.
Spec on the intake is .002-.004. Exhaust is .004-.006.
I got the intake at a tight .002, and the Exhaust at about .0035. NFG! The lock nuts were way too tight IMO too.
I diddled around till I got .003 and .005. You have to be patient.....but I am! :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ha, I too have fallen into the YouTube trap, there's so many dip sticks that think know it all making videos these days :roll:

At the moment I have nothing to tinker with ( mechanical that is ) so I waste my time watching folks on the net buggering up everything from guns to trucks, amazing how many idiots make videos ... :roll:

Supposed to be warmer tomorrow with a heatwave on the way...🌤️
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Pouring rain all day here.
Supposed to be better tomorrow. Hopefully it will be. Trail bike needs a shakedown ride. I got plenty I can do no matter what the weather is though.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You saved some serious bucks…….you do have patience as I would have siliconed it up…….

I’ve lost most of my patience for fixing stuff unless it’s a no brainer. Anymore I don’t get more complicated than changing windshield wipers and maybe tire rotation….😎

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I hope so! That's a couple hours of messing around right there! I can't afford my own labor rates. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I remember the days……and there was a lot of them…….when I was putting on water pumps,freeze plug leaks, fuel pumps, carb.rebuilds, transfer case rebuilds, rear main seals ………on weekends just to have something to drive to work…..and I never really liked turning wrenches. No lie, there’s not a bolt on Ole Yeller that has not been removed and reinserted, sometimes 3 or more times……like the water pump FOUR…..slave cylinder THREE…and as you know that requires removing the drive train from the back of the block on. Even put a rear in it that it didn’t need…long story…

I’m also the only guy in the world who kept a John Deere 400 cutting 4 acres for 32 years.

Life is easy now, but I made it that way and didn’t hit no lottery……….and to keep myself from working on the Rubicon, I just don’t drive it.🤪 Stays waxed, covered, and in perfect shape in the garage with the door down…..🤩

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh man! Not a YJ slave cylinder! Those suck. I just can't imagine who is dumb enough to put the slave cylinder INSIDE the bell housing? Ford did it too. What if you loose one on the trail? Stupid.
There are a lot of good things on YJs though. Overall, they are nice and simple. All in all, it's pretty hard to beat a TJ though.

I absolutely love those older JDs. The 70s through the 90s saw some great equipment from Mr. Green.

I don't mind working on SOME stuff. I hate working on something to get to work, rust, and electrical. Oh! Also cooling systems and exhaust.
What's left? :D