Thoughts on pocket knives.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Thoughts on pocket knives.

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

When I was a kid every one of my friends carried a Buck 110 in a leather flap sheath on a belt.

I received one for Christmas (a fine gift that I remember to this day). We wore these knives everywhere and nobody said anything about it. It just was.

Being in a farming and ranching community, we didn’t carry these for show. We used them and sometimes abused them. But it was a very good tool and I keep one in my glove box at all times along with my work gloves.

These days I’m lazy. I carry a little Swiss Army
Knife everywhere and I use and abuse it as well. But it’s almost stupid not to carry it as it is perfectly suited to be in a pocket.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Scott Tschirhart on Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Thoughts on pocket knives.

So what has your pocket knife journey been like? Or do you even carry a pocket knife? I understand that a lot of folks don’t but I’d feel naked without a pocket knife.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I got my first Swiss army when I was 8 years old, now I'm going on 54 and I'm on my 3rd one. I don't leave home without it!
I have never lost one of em, just retired them.
I also carry a small Case folder that was a gift.
And then there is my Kershaw clipped to my pocket.

Back in school we were all sitting at the instructors bench for theory on disassembly of one gun or another and Keith the instructor couldn't find a ' proper ' screwdriver in his tool box so being the wise acre I pulled my Swiss out opened the slotted head and slid it across the bench. It fit perfectly for the job!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

YEP, I grew up with a Case "Sod Buster JR" and later when I started working after school and had income switched to many different ones. While in the military and Law Enforcement branched out into many tactical issued ones and just ones I like for work. On a couple of OCONUS trips, I got into German Switchblades, then we were issued some Benchmade Switchblades and acquired a Russian Ballistic Knife on trade with another country's SF Officer. Then the Fixed blades we all wore when jumping, bush duty, and the collection got a bit bigger. (Here are a few, some of which I have carried on 4 continents)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not the critic who counts
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Always carry a knife and have since I was a teen. These days I have an SOG with a 3 1/2" blade in my pocket. In Africa I carried a Schrade SP7 for 6 years. I don't carry it now .. lots of memories associated with it so it resides in a place of honor.
IMG_5673.JPG
I had a number of knives there ... left most of them with other folks there. I always had 2 or 3 machetes. I had 4 fixed blade knives from 4" to 8" blade. I had one mounted by the gearshift in my truck, where I could grab it quickly if need be. One day I was giving a Mozambican Pastor a ride home and he saw it. He said, "Papa Jim. You have a knife!" I said, "Yes I do." And he said, "But you have Jesus." And I replied, "I have Jesus and a knife." He did not know what to do with that.

I also had a spear that I made from a Chinese machete. I looked at different ones til I found one with good steel. I ground it to shape and mounted it in a hardwood handle. It came it quite handy in bandit country and against snakes.
spear9.JPG
spear10.JPG
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Like many I received my first knife as s kid. A three bladed “trapper”. It’s still in a box of stuff well used sharpened many times.

Somewhere along the way I got knives for hunting and fishing, both fixed and folding.

When I enlisted I carried the same Buck 110 as above. I kept it on my belt often transferring it to my turn out pocket as needed.

I’m not sure exactly when the “Flickit” came out. But it as a small screw attached stud that allowed opening with the push of the thumb. A wonderful invention.

One early evening with my Buck on my right turnout pockets I responded to a hanger fire. At one point I fell through the ceiling of an internal structure. As luck would have it my safety line hung up leaving me just hanging around.

The line had looped around my right upper arm dislocating it smartly. No problem just grab the Buck and cut the line. Except it was in my right pocket.

You’ve probably all seen the big silver proximity suits used for aircraft firefighting. Well put on an air pack and there is no way you are reaching the right pocket with your left hand. Then the bell started to ring.

Fortunately, a very large human and a very good friend found me, cut me down and carried me out under his arm like you would a small child.

After the hospital released me (they tend to want to “observe” you for a day or two), my first stop was the BX for another Buck 110 and another Flickit. These lived in my left turnout pocket.

Moral of this little tale is twofold. First, never carry a loop of safety line in your hand. It can go places you don’t want it to. Second always either carry two knives or carry it where both hands can reach it.

These days arthritis makes opening knives with my thumbs very difficult. Now I carry a small fixed blade at about two o’clock where either hand can reach it.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

I used to carry one of those Buck 110s also. Still have it. Tried different knifes over the years. One of my favorite pocket knifes that I have worn out and retired is a thin Gerber lockback with all brass handle with no scales. I think it was a gift from a salesman, but it was a good one. For the last 10 -15 years
I have been carrying a Case meduim 3 blade stockman.
I have been carrying pocket knifes daily since I was probably 9 or 10 years old, even in Grade school, around 1970- 71. It was common back then. We even played "Stretch" and other games with them at recess. I used to carry an old Barlow and those cheap knifes you could win at the Carnival. Today that would get the parents locked up!!!

JBowen
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I have also carried pocket knives since early teenage years. The one I have had in my pocket for the past 15 years or so is an A.G. Russell "pinch knife", a one-hand knife that weighs 1.6 oz and is about 5/16" thick with a 3" blade. It's an ATS34 blade that has never given me any reason to complain. It sharpens to a razor edge with no difficulty although I do carry a Leatherman Sidewinder clip-on for cutting things I wouldn't cut with the pinch knife. It is strictly a cutting tool.

I don't know how many knives I have, probably at least 70 with a number of boxed collectibles from Boker, Puma and others. I know they're made for cutting but I don't.....I fondle them frequently.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ever since I can remember I have been a knife-aholic and always found it very difficult to not to buy every knife that catches my eye.
I carry three knives, a tiny Swiss army with tiny scissors on my key ring, a slightly larger Swiss army with a useful sawblade in a pouch on my belt and because I can't carry a gun here I usually have another knife that I don't use much. If I'm going into the wild outdoors my choice of knife changes to something more robust but I have to be careful as our knife laws here are as draconian as our gun laws.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:20 am
I also had a spear that I made from a Chinese machete. I looked at different ones til I found one with good steel. I ground it to shape and mounted it in a hardwood handle. It came it quite handy in bandit country and against snakes.
Amazing! I have always thought men should have spears. I have a cold steel pig spear with an assegai length haft. I am disgusted by some of cold steel's stuff, but this blade is harder than my drill bits, has 13" cutters, and 42" over all. I don't know how anything could survive this.

Screenshot 2023-07-31 091818spear.png
it goes where I go . . ,
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

What's wrong with Cold Steel ? I've had good results with the 3 knives I have.
My Cold Steels are 2 fixed and a folder. All in my hunting pack. Stay sharp and hold an edge all through the off season...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without.

Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can’t feel a battle in your bones or foresee a fight.

From Hávamál - Sayings of the High One (a Viking collection of common sense)
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Geez Jim, I wouldn't want to be on your bad side when you're sporting your spear around :shock: :D

I've never not carried a pocket knife. I think a guy who doesn't carry a pocket knife of some "useful" sort should surrender his man card.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Ive carried a pocket knive for 60 years or more, used to go to the pawn shops & get some nice ones for cheap
i like the stock man 3 blade, Q steel, buck, case, marbles, as long as it will take an edge & USA made its ok
fixed blade about the same but the old Marbles USA are my favorites

ollogger
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:33 am What's wrong with Cold Steel ? I've had good results with the 3 knives I have.
My Cold Steels are 2 fixed and a folder. All in my hunting pack. Stay sharp and hold an edge all through the off season...
I have a cold steel folder made in Japan of excellent steel that lives in a go-pack. And this spear which, for stamped sheet metal, will stop a horse or a lion in the hands of someone who is quicker than I.....

But I bought two different blister pack items, one was a short bowie with a socket tang, I forget what the second one was, a test I guess to see if I got the only lemon. But it was krap also. Plus I have a friend who bought a good looking bowie, sent it in to get it sharpened, and they ruined the edge profile . . . so that's why. But I like the folder and spear, they are right and tight. Although I suspect that I could bend the spear if I wanted to, so I don't use to lift cars or chop down trees.

grizz
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ah, gotcha! Everything I've bought from Cold Steel came in a box... maybe that's the ticket- the box ! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

JimT wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:09 pm Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without.

Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can’t feel a battle in your bones or foresee a fight.

From Hávamál - Sayings of the High One (a Viking collection of common sense)
Jim,

On my nightstand is an old worn pocketknife that your daddy used to carry. Still sharp and ready for use.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Like most on this forum, I have dozens of different knives. For about three years this one as been clipped in my watch pocket and never leaves it. It was a bit spendy but very well made and very sharp.
A SOG Tanto Point/Serrated-edge 3.5" lightweight folder clips to my t-shirt pocket and can deploy very very quickly. Somebody reaches in my car window or grabs me is going to have a bad day.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:28 pm
Jim,

On my nightstand is an old worn pocketknife that your daddy used to carry. Still sharp and ready for use.
Excellent!
bmtshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bmtshooter »

My father in law gave me a Buck 110 about 40 years ago, shortly after my wife and I were married. That knife has been used to process many deer and hogs over the years, and it is still in great condition. I am planning to give it to my new son in law soon, creating a kind of family tradition.

I have carried a pocketknife since before I can remember.

After Texas decriminalized the carry of automatic knives, I have always carried an automatic knife. Prior to that I typically carried one of a variety of Case knives.

Without a pocketknife of some sort, I walk kinda lopsided.
NRA life member
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Been carrying a pocket knife or two since , well, a long time, used to have one when I went to grade school, try that now!...

I've had pretty much all variations, the Swiss army knives are very handy, I now carry a flip out blade with a pocket clip, first thing I do when changing clothes is make sure the knife goes in the pocket first....cause you never know......
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JBowen »

bmtshooter wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:00 pm
After Texas decriminalized the carry of automatic knives, I have always carried an automatic knife. "

My two Grandsons were showing me their automatic knifes they ordered from Cobratech in Texas. They look like they may be of pretty good quality.
Too big and cumbersome for me though for EDC.

JBowen
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Just checked my little neck knife by Cold Steel, it's AUS8.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

JBowen wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:26 pm
bmtshooter wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:00 pm
After Texas decriminalized the carry of automatic knives, I have always carried an automatic knife. "

My two Grandsons were showing me their automatic knifes they ordered from Cobratech in Texas. They look like they may be of pretty good quality.
Too big and cumbersome for me though for EDC.

JBowen
I carried a Microtech Double Action knife the years I lived in Mozambique. A friend gave it to me as a gift, said he wanted to make sure I had a good self defense blade. Just opening it made folks back up. I passed it on to a good friend when I came back to the US.
Gunstore Commando
Levergunner

Post by Gunstore Commando »

I had a serrated Spyderco Native since the 90's. I lost it a year or two ago on a Fire call. And when you lose something on a Fire call, it is gone baby gone.

darn I miss that blade.

As far as I'm concerned, a full serrated Native is the best light/medium utility blade there is. Yeah, you can open it with one hand, so what, right? Here's the thing -- that cutout at the choil means you can *close* it with one hand. That can be huge.

For a while I was carrying Dad's old Buck 110 but I like *never* used it, so I stopped.

Spyderco had stopped making serrated Natives for a while, so I replaced it with a L'il Native. It's been working for me, but this thread made me look at Spyderco's website -- oh, joy, they are making them serrated Natives again. Excuse me, I have to go run an errand now... :D
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

I'm in the naked-without-a-pocketknife camp. My first was a Cub Scout knife when I was 8 - still have it. That was followed by a fruit knife and and electricians knife because I thought longer blades were mo' better for a time as a kid.

While in the Corps it was a fingergroove Buck 112, which gave way to an original Leatherman in the early 90's. That was supplemented by various small folders, a Gerber and a Kershaw come to mind. Enter the 2000's I carried a Syderco Native until it got loose and the blade profile had to be restored a couple times. It finally got retired to the knife box.

The Syderco gave way to an old Ka-Bar Barlow and a first issue Benchmade AFCK. The Benchmade disappeared somewhere along the way while headed home from Houston after Harvey. I still miss that one. These days it's the 110 Light along with a Trapper or Stockman - usually a yellow handled Trapper. I've got a weakness for those, no idea why.
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

"I have Jesus and a knife" is great sig line material! :lol:
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

I had Shrade's version of the 110 as a kid to go with my Western fixed blade "huntin knife". An el cheapo Imperial bowie for throwing. These are just what I have on the dresser to pick from. The rope knife has been in my pocket a lot lately as it makes a great tomato pruner, as you can tell by the layers of sap.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Not sure about this 1095 rust issue. Carried a Camillus 51 as a kid in a Wrangler pocket for a few years in humid NJ and fishing. No rust issue. How does that go, YMMV?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

I also feel naked without a knife on me!
Usually a pocket knife a Old Timer. However when I was working I carried a Remington locking folder. I wore bibs over my cloths to keep somewhat clean and my sweat would rust up the Old Timer in my pocket soooo bad. Even oiling every day was a chore. I was setting grade and some of the laths had a lot of information on them. When a mistake was made in permanent marker a good sharp knife was uses to shave off the offending symbol, an eraser so to speak, and there by prevent having to rewrite the whole thing.
I like my knives shaving sharp.
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

JBowen wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:46 am
I have been carrying pocket knifes daily since I was probably 9 or 10 years old, even in Grade school, around 1970- 71. It was common back then. We even played "Stretch" and other games with them at recess. I used to carry an old Barlow and those cheap knifes you could win at the Carnival. Today that would get the parents locked up!!!

JBowen
Yup. Stretch, Chicken, mumbley peg. Wish I still had that eye hand coordination. Got my first Buck 110 as a Cub Scout.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:26 pm Not sure about this 1095 rust issue. Carried a Camillus 51 as a kid in a Wrangler pocket for a few years in humid NJ and fishing. No rust issue. How does that go, YMMV?
I'm not doubting you in the least...that's a nice knife. I double checked sources and quality files and rasps are made from 1095 and W1. I have farrier rasps that are well rusted. 1080 is a kissing cousin of 1095 and it does pick up a patina, just sitting around in the shop. Some steels that I have on hand, 440C and AEB-L don't acquire any kind of patina from just hanging around.

You took good care of your knife. My main hunting knife in Alaska was a Morseth made from a Swedish steel, I thought I took good care of it, but it has a patina of surface 'things' that I won't bother with. Maybe the blood was hard on it.
signal-2023-08-01-064640_002.jpeg
grizz

I know it's not a pocket knife, except when it's in the sheath in my pocket . . . .
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

People get very funny over knife steels. Interesting to read. Gunnymack very knowledgeable doesn’t like ATS 134 I think it is great, very similar to 154 CM.

I also like AUS 8 in my Cold Steel Master Hunter. Some don’t think so much of it.

1095 in humid NJ in my pocket all the time was no issue. Patina yes, I don’t count that as rust.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I have a Morseth "Casket" boot knife my old boss, long departed, gave me in the 70s. What a beautiful knife, in my opinion. It's treasured.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I had probably LOST a dozen or more Camillus Cub Scout and Boy Scout knives before most of y'all were even born. I had a real talent for it, but never could figure out a way to commercialize on it.
We have been having a fun discussion of early pocket knives over here on the old Muzzleloadingforum.com.

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/thre ... st-2398997
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:46 pm People get very funny over knife steels. Interesting to read. Gunnymack very knowledgeable doesn’t like ATS 134 I think it is great, very similar to 154 CM.

I also like AUS 8 in my Cold Steel Master Hunter. Some don’t think so much of it.

1095 in humid NJ in my pocket all the time was no issue. Patina yes, I don’t count that as rust.
My Cold Steel folder is AUS 8. I like it, does the job. I might buy some 154CM stock for a comparison to AEB-L. Yeah. Haven't bought any steel this year yet . . . :)
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Walt wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:49 pm I have a Morseth "Casket" boot knife my old boss, long departed, gave me in the 70s. What a beautiful knife, in my opinion. It's treasured.
This is amazing. Where did you get your Morseth? I got mine at the now defunct hardware store in downtown Juneau. The linen micarta handle was ivory white when i bought it.

BTW, this is a source of good blades > https://www.condortk.com/catalog
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Grizz, do you make knives?

Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Grizz, I don't know where my Morseth was originally purchased. My boss lived in Midway City CA, not far from Disneyland and I imagine he bought it and another Morseth almost identical to yours somewhere in that general area. Unfortunately he lost his over the side of a fishing boat shortly thereafter.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

My dad always carried an Old Timer pocket knife that was only about 3" long and had two blades. Very small, and easy to have in your pocket. He bought us each one when we were maybe 8 years old, and I still have mine, but it's put away for safety's sake so I wont ever lose it. I still have his also, but it's been sharpened so much on the main blade it's like a toothpick now!
Some years ago I switched to carrying a single blade lockback knife because it seemed like every time I grabbed something to cut, I had to let go and get my knife out, then grab it again to cut. I only buy a lockback that has a clip, and can be opened and closed with my free hand. Any knife that takes two hands to open or close is not going to ever be my daily carry knife.
I've got a couple of those multi-tool knife things also, and tried carrying them. One a Leatherman, and the other an SOG. I tried using them as a daily, but they're a poor excuse for what each tool in them, and I hate them. They sit in an old foot locker, along with other knives and small tools I wont use.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I'm a Case XX pocket knife collector and user. Case is what my Grandfather carried. I carry one every day. Usually a 63032 Stockman. That said, I have maybe 10 Buck 110 knives that I have bought over the years.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:10 am Grizz, do you make knives?
Thank you for asking. I have made some. I was a production welder in a past life, acquired a knack for mangling steel into something that resembles the blueprints, and transitioned into a fishing business where fabrication skills are handy.

This is the first knife I made, while I was still a welder, since lost...
1973-ish_blade1-0.jpg
This is the "reproduction" I made last year, 48 years later, using the same hammer and rr track anvil!
909_002.jpeg
These are what I call cutouts because most of them are profiled from bar stock. There are 3 different steels here and it is a self-apprentice program I devised to have a gain of skill function that will let make a set for my daughter's wedding present.....
830_002.jpeg
I prefer forging but the wasting-steel process does have some benefits. Forging steel rivals splitting firewood by hand as a type of therapy, much like casting bullets and reloading ammo. :)
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, my favorite knives are large bowies, though I admit they are not practical for EDC where I live. :wink: Scott, like you, when I was growing up and all through school, including college, I always had a pocket knife on me. I had several teachers in elementary, middle and high school ask to borrow it. It was a Swiss Army knife, similar to this one:

Then for several years this Cold Steel "Recon" was my EDC. I love a tanto-point blade:

Starting about 4 years ago I switched to this lever automatic. I must admit I did so because it came up when I search on the internet for "John's Wayne's pocket knife in Big Jake":

And for the last 6-9 months or so, this one has been my EDC:

I really do like lever automatics. :D

Of course, I do have a lot to choose from. Some people have tie racks. I think this is WAY more practical! :wink:

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Grizz, I like that second knife you show.

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:15 pm Grizz, I like that second knife you show.
Thanks. It is heat treated, but no edge on it. It's kind of a museum piece, and a template for more...
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Ysable, that is a brilliant idea for a way to store knives. Where'd you get that magnetic rack?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:25 pm Well, my favorite knives are large bowies, though I admit they are not practical for EDC where I live. :wink: Scott, like you, when I was growing up and all through school, including college, I always had a pocket knife on me. I had several teachers in elementary, middle and high school ask to borrow it. It was a Swiss Army knife, similar to this one:

Then for several years this Cold Steel "Recon" was my EDC. I love a tanto-point blade:

Starting about 4 years ago I switched to this lever automatic. I must admit I did so because it came up when I search on the internet for "John's Wayne's pocket knife in Big Jake":

And for the last 6-9 months or so, this one has been my EDC:

I really do like lever automatics. :D

Of course, I do have a lot to choose from. Some people have tie racks. I think this is WAY more practical! :wink:

What brand is that lever automatic that you got when searching John Wayne's knife? Its a beauty.
Woodsloafer2
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Woodsloafer2 »

When I was very young i bought my Dad a 3 bladed Case for Christmas. He carried it every day for many years When he passed I took it over. Very worn and one broken blade but it is the one I want to carry. Work just fine....
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Re: Thoughts on pocket knives: Never leave the house (actually bedroom) without one. You never have to hunt for a knife if it's with you all the time. If a knife is needed, even a poor excuse for one is better than not having one.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Griff wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:35 pm Re: Thoughts on pocket knives: Never leave the house (actually bedroom) without one. You never have to hunt for a knife if it's with you all the time. If a knife is needed, even a poor excuse for one is better than not having one.
Someone asks me if I have a knife I reply...... "Do I have my pants on"? If so I have a knife.