Grafs has.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Grafs has.....

Post by Ray »

large pistol primers for the next fifteen or twenty minutes.....

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pr ... tId/105759

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pr ... tId/105494

And some pricey caps but caps are quite scarce these days.....

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pr ... ctId/88986
m.A.g.a. !
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Grafs has.....

Post by JBowen »

I bought some #11 CCI caps from Walmart a few days ago for $5.60 something for a 100. I have never used the RWS they may be worth $38 for 250.

JBowen
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I've got some BP & caps coming tomorrow.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Ray wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:04 pm large pistol primers for the next fifteen or twenty minutes.....

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pr ... tId/105759

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pr ... tId/105494

And some pricey caps but caps are quite scarce these days.....

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pr ... ctId/88986

Man, thats higher than my local gun shows which is impossible to find a good deal at.
bcraig
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bcraig »

I wonder why I cant seem to find any Remington #10 Caps anywhere in stock

It is my understanding that CCI makes the Remington and the CCI brand,and time for the run they make for the year to be in the stores.

This cap shortage and inflation of cap prices is rediculous.
Everyone and their brother has Musket caps ,just not what I am interested in.

Powder is much much easier to find.

If I knew I could make my own quality caps I would do it, but from everything I have read about the subject it is not that easy to make Reliable Caps.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I've read that one kit for caps is pretty reliable, but read one review where they were claimed to be corrosive... that's not a chance I want to take, plus they only seem to work in the 3d printed "star" cappers, I'm too used to either an in-line or snail capper to switch.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Griff wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:43 am I've read that one kit for caps is pretty reliable, but read one review where they were claimed to be corrosive... that's not a chance I want to take, plus they only seem to work in the 3d printed "star" cappers, I'm too used to either an in-line or snail capper to switch.
Isn't black powder corrosive to begin with though?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Rube Burrows wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:38 pm
Griff wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:43 amI've read that one kit for caps is pretty reliable, but read one review where they were claimed to be corrosive... that's not a chance I want to take, plus they only seem to work in the 3d printed "star" cappers, I'm too used to either an in-line or snail capper to switch.
Not until it's fired! Actually, the residue is hydroscopic and after it attracts water it becomes corrosive. But... I don't need corrosive caps on top of that. My guns get cleaned on a schedule after the match... usually the rifle first, then the shotgun, and the pistols last. The rifle 1st because it required a more detailed breakdown... the shotgun 2nd because it's the easiest... and the pistols last because... well I can take my time and inspect them better. They're the most likely to need attention after a match, so they get internals a detailed inspection. That's after a big, multi-day match... for our monthly matches, they just get cleaned and put away. Plus, I do a detailed inspection before a big match, in the last 15-20 years I've had one pistol break during a match, luckily it was at the end of the day and I had the spare part to repair it for the next day. But, kept the backups with me the next day!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Griff wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:03 pm
Rube Burrows wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:38 pm
Griff wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:43 amI've read that one kit for caps is pretty reliable, but read one review where they were claimed to be corrosive... that's not a chance I want to take, plus they only seem to work in the 3d printed "star" cappers, I'm too used to either an in-line or snail capper to switch.
Not until it's fired! Actually, the residue is hydroscopic and after it attracts water it becomes corrosive. But... I don't need corrosive caps on top of that. My guns get cleaned on a schedule after the match... usually the rifle first, then the shotgun, and the pistols last. The rifle 1st because it required a more detailed breakdown... the shotgun 2nd because it's the easiest... and the pistols last because... well I can take my time and inspect them better. They're the most likely to need attention after a match, so they get internals a detailed inspection. That's after a big, multi-day match... for our monthly matches, they just get cleaned and put away. Plus, I do a detailed inspection before a big match, in the last 15-20 years I've had one pistol break during a match, luckily it was at the end of the day and I had the spare part to repair it for the next day. But, kept the backups with me the next day!
Yeah, definitely no reason to add more corrosiveness to the process if can be helped.