Indoor Activity on a HOT Day!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Indoor Activity on a HOT Day!

Post by Griff »

I made a start on the 200 rounds of Black Powder 12 ga I need for a 3 day match in late September. I also started in on cleaning brass from several recent monthly matches. I decapped a bunch of 45Colt, 45ACP & C45S and .44WCF. The 45Colt and C45S were a mixture of smokeless and BP. There 45ACP & 44WCF were only loaded with smokeless. Some of the BP pictured
DSCN1519[1].JPG
I ran the tumbler for 3 hours, rinsed out the dirty water, separated the pins from the brass and put it on cookie sheets in the oven for an hour @ 170º... Dry, clean, shiney brass:
DSCN1520[1].JPG
After cleaning, it's hard to distinguish which were BP and which were smokeless. The BP had sat in one of my range bags for about 6 weeks between firing and cleaning. Insides are not quite "new" shiney, but far cleaner and a fairly high sheen. I use the SS pins and a few squirts of Dawn dishwashing fluid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Indoor Activity on a HOT Day!

Post by Pitchy »

Cool Griff, yep if i go outside it`s from the house to the shop where it stays cool. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Re: Indoor Activity on a HOT Day!

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for the info I haven't loaded BP and thought about it.
It is not the critic who counts