It is said that.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

It is said that.....

Post by Ray »

folk in the midwest are wont to give custom to a fleet of stores called scheels. I recently used a firearms themed search engine to find an obscure cartridge selection. The best price was from scheels. The necessity of verifying my age using "idme" was almost a deal killer but I was already registered there for the v.a. There are so many counterfeit dd-214s out there that the v.a. now uses third party verifiers to bonifide credible military service.

It took about three quarters of an hour to get through all the spam filters and the back and forths between my tablet and cell phone and emails and texts to verify this and click on that link, etc. but I finally got the 6 boxes of ammo ordered. The shipping charged was just $7 against an actual fed-ex cost of $17.50. They did cipher state sales tax but it was the correct 4.5% and not the full state plus county & local 10% that many online hawkers charge and then only remit the required 4.5% to the state.

So now I'm a somewhat happy scheels customer. It also appears that most of their stores have cci #11 caps on the shelves but they are not set-up for hazmat thus they do not ship.
m.A.g.a. !
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

Re: It is said that.....

Post by JBowen »

Speaking of the CCI #11 caps, I bought 2 tins yesterday at the local Walmart. They were putting out the muzzleloader supplies early.
They have been in short supply around here for a while.

JBowen
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I have been impressed by Scheels inventory and prices. I wish I didn't have to venture into the dreaded DFW metroplex to shop in one.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

I'm fortunate to have a Scheels store 14 miles from my farm. Definitely a great outdoor gear and shooters supply store. Yep, they're big on gizmos, spendy camo, etc, but a guy can wade through all of that and look for what you want/need.
I wasn't aware of bogus DD-214's, but sure, why not mess with the vets too (!!??).
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

TraderVic wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:16 am I'm fortunate to have a Scheels store 14 miles from my farm. Definitely a great outdoor gear and shooters supply store. Yep, they're big on gizmos, spendy camo, etc, but a guy can wade through all of that and look for what you want/need.
I wasn't aware of bogus DD-214's, but sure, why not mess with the vets too (!!??).
Odd as it sounds, bing tells me that both the dallas & tulsa scheels are exactly 10 hours and 723 miles from me. Two and a half tanks of petrol makes the $7 shipping quite the bargain !

The v.a. could not find my dd-214 in their database despite showing a long outstanding g.i. bill claim. The dd-214 is so easily forged that scanning & submitting electronically is no longer accepted. My service/medical records were supposedly among the tens of thousands lost in the katrina storm surge. I registered at "idme" and in five minutes they verified my honorable discharge. So I was already in "idme" for the scheels required proof of age. Now that I'm registered at scheels, I'm hoping I won't have to verify age and count all the squares with buses, motorcycles, fire hydrants, crosswalks, etc.
m.A.g.a. !
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

The clerks on my two destroyers didn't document stuff correctly, including duty in the Tonkin Gulf.
My DD-214 indicates one ribbon earned, (national defense)..........yeah - ok :roll:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:09 am I have been impressed by Scheels inventory and prices. I wish I didn't have to venture into the dreaded DFW metroplex to shop in one.
Next time you plan on a trip on a Friday Morning or a Saturday or Sunday, let me know. If I am free, I will meet up with you.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost