Spent time on the Range both yesterday and today.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Spent time on the Range both yesterday and today.

Post by JimT »

Got out fairly early while it was still cool. Today was cloudy so it never heated up all that much ... or didn't feel like it anyway. Shooting the .22 rimfires for awhile .. working on both accuracy and point shooting. I shot paper at 20 yards and clay pigeons at 15 and had a hoot! You can burn a lot of .22's pretty fast, even in a single action sixgun.
IMG_5477.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ysabel Kid

Re: Spent time on the Range both yesterday and today.

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sounds just about perfect as far as days go! :mrgreen:
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Excellent Jim.
I've been plinking with my 22 a fair bit also. And the 17 HMR.
Good practice.
N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I often find myself at the range asking why on earth I didn't bring the little Mark IV 22/45.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I enjoy shooting a .22 sixgun a great deal. I should spend much more time with the .22s.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

:D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:48 pm Got out fairly early while it was still cool. Today was cloudy so it never heated up all that much ... or didn't feel like it anyway. Shooting the .22 rimfires for awhile .. working on both accuracy and point shooting. I shot paper at 20 yards and clay pigeons at 15 and had a hoot! You can burn a lot of .22's pretty fast, even in a single action sixgun.

IMG_5477.JPG
002.jpeg
Centennial 39 with Wrangler . . . no holster yet but it carries OK in back pocket . . . a good pairing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I like that Marlin 39!!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Grizz wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:38 am
JimT wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:48 pm Got out fairly early while it was still cool. Today was cloudy so it never heated up all that much ... or didn't feel like it anyway. Shooting the .22 rimfires for awhile .. working on both accuracy and point shooting. I shot paper at 20 yards and clay pigeons at 15 and had a hoot! You can burn a lot of .22's pretty fast, even in a single action sixgun.

IMG_5477.JPG
002.jpeg

Centennial 39 with Wrangler . . . no holster yet but it carries OK in back pocket . . . a good pairing.
Grizz,

Does your Centennial work well? My dad has one and after 20-30 rounds, it start to jamb and needs to be completely taken apart and cleaned before it will function properly again. It doesn't seem to make a difference on what brand of ammo either. I have a '50s 39 that works every time, even after a couple hundred .22s . Never have been able to figure out what the problem is.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

2ndovc wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:03 pm
Grizz wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:38 am

IMG_5477.JPG
002.jpeg

Grizz,

Does your Centennial work well? My dad has one and after 20-30 rounds, it start to jamb and needs to be completely taken apart and cleaned before it will function properly again. It doesn't seem to make a difference on what brand of ammo either. I have a '50s 39 that works every time, even after a couple hundred .22s . Never have been able to figure out what the problem is.

jb 8)
mine doesn't need that kind of cleaning, but it is worn enough that the feeding is a little wonky, and wants coaxing sometimes. but in its defense i shoot mixed ammo, so i might just be seeing some of the gun's preferences... it was shot a lot before it found me, and i might have got past the availability of replacement internals.

BUT WHAT A GEM !!! Octagonal barrel! brass accents! Light and pointy! [points where you aim it and hits where you point it]

gotta get out for some rimfire time . . . it's been Years since the 39 was allowed out of the kennel . . .