One for the older scope fans

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scrumbag
Levergunner 2.0

One for the older scope fans

Post by Scrumbag »

Recent auction find, Swarovski 4x32

26mm tube with leather case and is even a pre-click version. I've asked Swaro for more info.

Has Parker Hale rings and blocks for swing offs in the German style (under tube and bottom of occular bell.

I have asked Swaro for more info.

PS I "needed" this as my father "Borrowed" my West German Diatal 4x36 for his little Browning SA-22...

(That's my self enabling rationale and I'm sticking to it)

Scrummy
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Re: One for the older scope fans

Post by Walt »

Very nice, Scrummy!

Nothing as rarified as yours but I have an original Leupold Vari-X 3 x 9 scope with a beautiful reddish patina. It has a 1.7" objective lens and does not have a self-centering reticle. It has 1/2" rather than the standard 1/4" clicks. Unfortunately, the reticle gets thicker at the higher magnifications although in later advertisements Leupold reversed this to allow a thicker reticle for close-in hunting at lower magnification. Mine appears to have been made around 1962. Leupold used to offer a free service to clean up, replace worn gaskets and refill scopes with nitrogen but when I called to ask about this one, they said they were unable to service anything that old.
Scrumbag
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scrumbag »

Sounds a very nice scope, Walt. One to put on a nice classic rifle
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Nice optic ! Out of curiosity what does it have for a reticle ?
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Vic, are you asking Scrumbag or me? If it's in reference to my Leupold, it has a plain untapered crosshair that is super thin at 3x but is way too thick at 9x. It's just the reverse of what it should have been.
Scrumbag
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scrumbag »

Mine is a German #4
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Walt,
I was asking about Scrumbag's older Swarovski optic, but being a big Leupold fan I appreciate your reply as well.
Regards, Vic