14 Years Ago Today.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

14 Years Ago Today.....

Post by CowboyTutt »

My first trip to meet a legend with my best friend Tym.

Tym and Dick
Dick and Tym.jpg
Andy and Dick
Dick and Andy.jpg
The one and only
454 Casull #1.jpg
Dick and his lovely wife Jerri were so extremely good to us. I was so impressed that I knew I had to bring McPherson to meet Dick. It was a little hard to convince him at first. He wouldn't go if Torkelson wouldn't go and vice versus. Somehow I convinced them both to go about a year later (sadly my best friend Tym could not go due to work).

They were so impressed that it led to, I believe, 2 more visits with more people present if my memory is correct. A few photos in some of Mic's books but not these particular ones. The rifle I'm holding is one of the first 1886 conversions into 454 Casull by Dick himself. He had heat treating equipment in his workshop that was at least the size of a 4 car garage arranged in a square. He also had a small shooting range on his property which was just down the dirt road from Freedom Arms.

Dick succumbed to a second bout of his cancer years ago as most know and prior to that his lovely wife Jerri had to be placed into 24/7 elderly care. I know that must have just crushed Dick to have to do that, they were still such the adoring couple on every visit I ever made to see them. I was the only one present for all 4 visits.

Also on my first visit with Tym we got a tour of Freedom Arms from none other than Wayne Baker himself, another phenomenal human being. So very easy to be with and very kind.

Some of my life's most unforgettable memories. Tym sent me more photos, I will try to post them later.

-Tutt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: 14 Years Ago Today.....

Post by Griff »

It's so great to have those memories to cherish... blessed. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That's pretty cool, Andy. Like Griff said, thanks for sharing that with us.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That's pretty cool, Andy. Like Griff said, thanks for sharing that with us.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"