OT - The Benjamin Sheridan 392 CAN do it all...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

OT - The Benjamin Sheridan 392 CAN do it all...

Post by El Chivo »

Well I'm all pumped up because I just received my new airgun. This is not OT because it has both a bolt and a lever. It will be my machine for flouting the condor rules. And because it's not a firearm, I can step off the road into the Angeles and do a little target shooting - legally.

Tim at Mac1airguns did the fully slicked up treatment for this one. It has the internals strengthened, and can take up to 14 pumps for high velocity shooting. Notice the forearm is shorter, exposing some extra barrel length. This is for enhanced leverage, and plus it looks much cooler. I also got the Williams peep, and 2 lb trigger.

Haven't shot it yet, will try to do so later today. I love the way it feels, it suits me well, instant bonding. For shots from 250-300 yards I'll probably want to go with a Winchester, but for 50 feet and in this is my "do it all" gun. :D
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT - The Benjamin Sheridan 392 CAN do it all...

Post by Poohgyrr »

Sounds pretty good. Years ago, my .22 Benjamin bothered local ground squirrels, and put jack rabbits on the kitchen table. It took four pumps for the bushy tailed rats, and I think six for the rabbits.
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

I am looking forward to hearing how it shoots for you.
centershot
Levergunner 2.0
Location: Wandering in the abyss of progressive liberal Nu Yorkistan

Post by centershot »

Wow! Just looking at hat rifle brings back all kinds of childhood memories! :D Hmmmmmm.........I might have to go down that road again.................. :P

centershot
"All who wander are not lost."
J. R. R. Tolkien
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

Tim repaired my S&W 22 pumper & tuned my Benjamin sheridan 20 cal.I'm a very satisfied customer so I went on several forums and told members how to contact Tim for air rifle purchases and repair.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

he does a great job. Those Mac 1 guns are great shooters. looking forward to hearing about your shooting report.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I have a 392 that is wonderful. I can only imagine how great it must be after Tim works it over. It should be about equal to a .22 short.

IIRC Tim also make a scope mount that is better than the factory mount.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

WOW "sobenk"!!!! As soon as I saw that picture I said, "That's got to be a Mac1 Steroid gun. Of course the modified stock gave it away as did the mounted peep sight. I just told the wife the other day that I was going to order one for my birthday in August.

That'll do the job for sure. What pellets are you going to use? I'm going to try to use the 14.3gr JSB Exact Jumbo Express pellets and the 14.3gr Crosman Premier Hollow Point pellets that I have on hand and use in my .22 caliber Crosman Custom Shop 2300 pistol.

That really is a nice looking rifle. I'd like to hear how you like the modified forend.
ED
Yer never too old
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

I have a Sheridan that I got as a kid in the 1970's . Recently I discovered that the rifle will not hold a air charge. Someone on line recommended Mac1 so I shot him a e-mail and he got back to me today :D He recommended the steroid upgrade and the Williams peep. He also said to just send the barreled action ,leave the stock off. Since you just got yours back ,do you think that anything else should be done to the rifle while he has it :?:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I like....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Dewight
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dewight »

Well I'm going to the "Dark Side" on this one. I just ordered an AirForce Talon SS .20cal.
The cowbirds raised havoc with my cherries this year, I plan on returning the favor next year. I will also come in handy for the gray squirrels after the walnuts.
Member: Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

about the pellets, I don't know much about them, Tim recommended some Beeman Field Target Specials and so that's what I have now.

Foxtrapper, read up on this link:

http://www.mac1airgun.com/steriodags.html

which describes all the services. The only thing else he did for mine involves the stock. He cuts off a few inches and slides it rearward and remounts it, this improves leverage. It also looks cool.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Boy, seeing that gun sure does bring back old memories. I had one similar in .20 cal. that could just flat out shoot. You can always shoot your own pellet gun better than anyone else. How ironic this post is, I have Skunks running near the house at night, and have been thinking of a .22 cal Pellet rifle lately. Don't want to shoot my .22 Long rifle at night as my neighbors would wonder what I am doing.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I think they're missing the boat - they need to offer 25, 30 and 35 cal models too.

Nice lookin airgun there - do let us know how it performs.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
win38-55
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win38-55 »

I have a mid 1980's Sheridan Silver streak in stainless that I bought new as a kid.
It is still an awesome pellet rifle. About 4 weeks ago I had some flying rats (pigeons) in the
backyard. At about 20 yards I took ones head clean off with the .20 cal pellet.
The rest of the flock got the picture real quick and have not been back since.
They are great guns for dispatching small vermin around the yard. :mrgreen:
Andrew: He is a real gun freak with way too many guns to shoot or clean.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

How does shortening the muzzle end of the forearm increase leverage?

The leverage comes from distance between where you place your hand and the pivot.

EDIT: Looking at the picture, I answered my own question. The stock ahead of the trigger was shortened and the pump forend was moved rearward, making a longer lever arm.

I have an old Silver Streak (Before Benjamin took over) to compare it to.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Oh I get it, I thought the forearm was shortened and moved back. But it's the stock that was shortened, making room for the forearm to come back. That makes sense.